Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

European Qualification?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On todays performance ( against Sheffield ) I cant see us having the depth to get to Europe this year.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's the point in going if people don't wanna qualify for Europe.....we ain't going to get champions league are we.....the memories of travelling round Europe watching wolves will live with me forever....I want more...... can't see the point going if people don't want 7th and conference league..... realistically we could win the conference league..

I literally said I want us to qualify in the thing you quoted!

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tbf, if a team outside the top 6 manages to win the cup, you'd have to say that could be us!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read it back, sounds confusing.....meant it's top 5 in league get Europe plus the cups.....if a top 5 team win cup it then goes to league....hence it nw top 6 in league in Europe....
Cheers, disco. You deserve a commendation for the explanation.

I’ll wait until the end of the season to find out.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's great to be in 8th with a shot at the European places, but if we are going to do it we need some big performances. I think we are capable of going to Newcastle and staying in the game and snatching a 1-0 with a goal on the break.

But it's the Fulham, Bournemouth, and Burnley games where we don't have the class on the ball to unpick those defences.

Personally, I think Europe is a stretch too far this season, but I had us certainties for relegation so what do I know.

Maybe Sunday's poor performance will gee them up a bit for similar games. At the end of the day 7 or 8 scruffy wins would put you in with a great shout of 7th.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still got to play Newcastle which is a 6 pointer, and Chelsea, West ham, Brighton and Newcastle have all got games against each other so will take points off each other. Agreed that it's a long shot but amazing that we've got something to play for In the last 3rd that isn't survival!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's great to be in 8th with a shot at the European places, but if we are going to do it we need some big performances. I think we are capable of going to Newcastle and staying in the game and snatching a 1-0 with a goal on the break.

But it's the Fulham, Bournemouth, and Burnley games where we don't have the class on the ball to unpick those defences.

Personally, I think Europe is a stretch too far this season, but I had us certainties for relegation so what do I know.

Maybe Sunday's poor performance will gee them up a bit for similar games. At the end of the day 7 or 8 scruffy wins would put you in with a great shout of 7th.
I think we have the class on the ball but we lack goalscorers and the willingness to shoot sometimes when in good positions.
I am hoping Hwang can rediscover some goalscoring form and early season wasn't just a purple patch.

Especially when we sat deep yesterday he was very isolated, held the ball up well a few times but just no-one near him

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're in a great position now but we simply cannot afford another performance like today's second half.

You can when it is against a team who have more interest in kicking you and cheating to stop getting momentum or exploiting phases when they are spread out.

Yesterday was a challenge for them with the **** housery and weak officiating. I am just happy the lads kept their heads on the whole and didn’t drop down to their levels

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At this current time no it doesn’t.

But if the winners of the FA also finish in the top 6 then 7th does get Europe

Also if England get a 5th CL spot 8th place gets Europe if the above also happens.
What has to happen in England to get that 5th champions league spot

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What has to happen in England to get that 5th champions league spot
WE need to beat germany and italy cooeficient

Where we can get some good results on this is the following

West ham knock out freiburg

PSV knock out dortmund

barcelona knock out napoli

Brighton knock out roma etc

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love to know what you base your "no chance" argument on given our record against top teams is outstanding and only the current top 6 are above us in the last 12 games form table

And that's without even considering yesterday's favourable results

I'd say there's a hell of a good chance
The last 10 games is a lot more palatable…;)
IMG_0642.jpeg

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
How good is this thread, remarkable to think we have any chance of Europe.

I was lucky enough to do Braga and Espanyol but post Nuno I genuinely believed I wouldn't get to experience that again. It's a testament to GON that we can start to believe.

A wise man once said: "Dreaming is for free"

SEAwolves

Reaction score
Wanted to figure out the probability of qualifying scenarios yesterday and couldn't find anything available already, so ran the numbers myself - overall we've got about a 1 in 4 chance of making Europe, based on Opta projections for which two countries receive an extra Champions League berth and final league table positions combined with FA Cup odds from Sky Bet.

Wolves_226a.png

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone else wins ugly "it's what good teams do".

The negativity on this forum is off the charts.
It wasnt winning ugly it was a poor and tired performance.

I have made it clear that the reduction of our squad in January will have put to bed our hopes of coming 7th and above.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Any chance the financial situation at Villa/Newcastle/Chelsea stops them qualifying next season?

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool won the Carabao cup so that helps us

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having rewatched it, I think it was a tactical experiment against the worst team in the league that had mixed results. Hopefully next time the team try some of that stuff (pushing Lemina up as a target man, swapping RAN with a midfielder, the crazy wing back rotations generally), Gary will have them playing with better understanding. They were obviously confused a few times in the second half once Blades changed their press.

And yet they still kept a clean sheet and won!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have made it clear that the reduction of our squad in January will have put to bed our hopes of coming 7th and above.
Oh well, all over then, if you have made it clear. Let the lads know.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Your first sentence is total nonsense.

Your second one is pure speculation but certainly not short of self adulation.

"I have made it clear" good grief.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your first sentence is total nonsense.

Your second one is pure speculation but certainly not short of self adulation.

"I have made it clear" good grief.
I totally disagree with you, . I have been consistent , if that sounds better. You come across as having a strong opinion too.! But I won’t insult you for having a different opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom