Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never said it was just goals they’re judged on, however it is something they are judged on . Because at £90 million any club will be wanting both not just assists.

No they don’t and they haven’t based it on that in quite a few years when reviewing a wide player’s performances over a campaign, they want goal contributions now, if a player can give you 10 assists that is better than 3 assists and 6 goals and the same as 9 goals and one assist.

They want outputs that lead to points, what they are doesn’t matter.

If you get more assists than the average, then chances are you have helped others score more goals than there competitors, so it evens out in the wash.

Spurs and their fans would love son if he got 15 assists a season and 3 goals if his assists had meant Kane scored more goals.

It is a team game, hence why the phrase goal contributions is used a hell of a lot more now in the media, as it has finally seeped in thanks to the influx of more recent retirees and injured players.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No they don’t and they haven’t based it on that in quite a few years when reviewing a wide player’s performances over a campaign, they want goal contributions now, if a player can give you 10 assists that is better than 3 assists and 6 goals and the same as 9 goals and one assist.

They want outputs that lead to points, what they are doesn’t matter.

If you get more assists than the average, then chances are you have helped others score more goals than there competitors, so it evens out in the wash.

Spurs and their fans would love son if he got 15 assists a season and 3 goals if his assists had meant Kane scored more goals.

It is a team game, hence why the phrase goal contributions is used a hell of a lot more now in the media, as it has finally seeped in thanks to the influx of more recent retirees and injured players.
Did you learn this in analysis school?

You can say “told you so” when we get £90 million for him in the summer then

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you learn this in analysis school?

You can say “told you so” when we get £90 million for him in the summer then

Straight in with the mocking comment…..

One post and bang….. you’re quick…… you really don’t like a reasoned point that makes sense do you that shows a good reason to an opposing view point……

And where did I say he is going for £90m, so on the SBK bingo card you are 2 in 1, as you create a point to argue with quotes back at the person they didn’t make…..

Where did I say what fee he goes for? I await the actual quote I made…….

You are efficient today…… well played!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Straight in with the mocking comment…..

One post and bang….. you’re quick…… you really don’t like a reasoned point that makes sense do you that shows a good reason to an opposing view point……

And where did I say he is going for £90m, so on the SBK bingo card you are 2 in 1, as you create a point to argue with quotes back at the person they didn’t make…..

Where did I say what fee he goes for? I await the actual quote I made…….

You are efficient today…… well played!
But with such wonderful output that he has because goals don’t matter, surely that’s his value??

What does the analyst think he’s worth?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still no striker. Lighter squad now

Give it time, we don’t have a game for a few days and shouldn’t rush to sign anyone just to have a body in, we may as well kept sasa if we were going to do that.

I am sure they have irons in the fire and discussing signings

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hugo isnt in a rush basically, is what that implies

i doubt we have a new option in before brentford, maybe before brighton? like what was suggested to me 15th

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
en anglais por favor?

Hunted by the Wolves, Ekitike temporizes​

The sports daily, on the other hand, confirms the keen interest of the Wolfsburg Wolves and Wolverhampton. Wolfsburg's interest was denied in Germany a few days ago, but the Team assures on Tuesday that the current 10th Bundesliga is well interested in a loan with option to buy from Ekitike, even if it has not yet made an official offer to PSG. Wolverhampton is also a credible destination for Ekitike because of Jorge Mendes' influence in the Wolves and PSG, especially since the English club lent Kalajdzic in Frankfurt, Germany, portuguese center Fabio Silva at the Glasgow Rangers. Hee-chan Hwang went to play the Asian Cup with South Korea, the current 11th in the Premier League'has more than Matheus Cunha as center-forward in its workforce.

If Ekitike has several interesting touches sportively for him, then, The Team understands that the player has not yet given preference to a club and is waiting to have all the concrete options at his disposal before deciding. The market is open until February 1st midnight and Ekitike obviously does not want to rush, probably aware that other opportunities could present themselves in the coming days thanks to the traditional game of musical chairs of the market.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But with such wonderful output that he has because goals don’t matter, surely that’s his value??

What does the analyst think he’s worth?

Where did I make a blanket statement they don’t matter? So again quote correctly if you are going to be so attacking and mocking in tone…..

I said that wide players goals and assists are getting combined to the one collective stat for wide and more creative responsibility players.

The market is screwed due to FFP, clubs now
Won’t be as keen to buy as many high fee players after seeing what has happened with Everton. So who knows…. As it could be a few with one fee we see publicly and 15 million of add ons we don’t see.

2 in 1 again on the SBK bingo card……. You are 4 in 2…… keep it up, you are truly on fire!!!!!

Let’s see if you manage another 2 in 1 to this message…..

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hunted by the Wolves, Ekitike temporizes​

The sports daily, on the other hand, confirms the keen interest of the Wolfsburg Wolves and Wolverhampton. Wolfsburg's interest was denied in Germany a few days ago, but the Team assures on Tuesday that the current 10th Bundesliga is well interested in a loan with option to buy from Ekitike, even if it has not yet made an official offer to PSG. Wolverhampton is also a credible destination for Ekitike because of Jorge Mendes' influence in the Wolves and PSG, especially since the English club lent Kalajdzic in Frankfurt, Germany, portuguese center Fabio Silva at the Glasgow Rangers. Hee-chan Hwang went to play the Asian Cup with South Korea, the current 11th in the Premier League'has more than Matheus Cunha as center-forward in its workforce.

If Ekitike has several interesting touches sportively for him, then, The Team understands that the player has not yet given preference to a club and is waiting to have all the concrete options at his disposal before deciding. The market is open until February 1st midnight and Ekitike obviously does not want to rush, probably aware that other opportunities could present themselves in the coming days thanks to the traditional game of musical chairs of the market.
Hopefully we will put a time limit on the deal and move on. We don’t really need someone so committed that he’ll wait as late as possible for the best possible club.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where did I make a blanket statement they don’t matter? So again quote correctly if you are going to be so attacking and mocking in tone…..

I said that wide players goals and assists are getting combined to the one collective stat for wide and more creative responsibility players.

The market is screwed due to FFP, clubs now
Won’t be as keen to buy as many high fee players after seeing what has happened with Everton. So who knows…. As it could be a few with one fee we see publicly and 15 million of add ons we don’t see.

2 in 1 again on the SBK bingo card……. You are 4 in 2…… keep it up, you are truly on fire!!!!!

Let’s see if you manage another 2 in 1 to this message…..
So what do you think he is worth then? Simple question.

Also if you had a player who scored 30 goals but no assists and a player with zero goals but 30 assists, will they be valued the same? Again, very simple question

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep seeing references to “damp squid” but the phrase is “damp SQUIB”, (with a B) and this is because a squib is a fuse for explosives, and if it is damp it doesn’t work and fizzles out, hence the phrase.
Dollocks!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what do you think he is worth then? Simple question.

Also if you had a player who scored 30 goals but no assists and a player with zero goals but 30 assists, will they be valued the same? Again, very simple question

Where have I said value is equal based on the last hypothesis?

I presented an accurate statement to rebuttal what you said that isn’t accurate to all clubs anymore.

Based on what teams who aren’t Chelsea and Everton who seem to not care about ffp…..

I think a fair fee is anything between £65-80m depending on the structure of the deal.
That is based on his age, but few expectations slightly reduced due to his recent injury record.

The fee is caveated because we don’t know how the rules for FFP being enforced will change buying habits next summer, hence the £15m range.

But as wolves fan, I would want as large a number as possible. There was an agreement for around £45m previously for the summer before he damaged his knee, I have heard. So I am also basing the fee off that number as a starting point due to the quality of his return this season, before another injury derailed it stopping me going to the higher than £80m if I were the buying club and caught in tough negotiations.

And to your last point, that is dependant on the coach and the squad set up. As if that team doesn’t have a main scorer and focal point for goals who is more of an equal or closer in number of goals to assists then you want a wide player with more goals to assists, but if you have a striker and let’s say a CAM with more goals than assists than a player like Haaland for example you want a player to feed that player more than themselves so would want a more assist led Pedro and not a more focused on goal scoring type of option.

So dependant on the buyer and their squad/playing dna what weighting they go for in their goal contributions make up.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where have I said value is equal based on the last hypothesis?

I presented an accurate statement to rebuttal what you said that isn’t accurate to all clubs anymore.

Based on what teams who aren’t Chelsea and Everton who seem to not care about ffp…..

I think a fair fee is anything between £65-80m depending on the structure of the deal.
That is based on his age, but few expectations slightly reduced due to his recent injury record.

The fee is caveated because we don’t know how the rules for FFP being enforced will change buying habits next summer, hence the £15m range.

But as wolves fan, I would want as large a number as possible. There was an agreement for around £45m previously for the summer before he damaged his knee, I have heard. So I am also basing the fee off that number as a starting point due to the quality of his return this season, before another injury derailed it stopping me going to the higher than £80m if I were the buying club and caught in tough negotiations.

And to your last point, that is dependant on the coach and the squad set up. As if that team doesn’t have a main scorer and focal point for goals who is more of an equal or closer in number of goals to assists then you want a wide player with more goals to assists, but if you have a striker and let’s say a CAM with more goals than assists than a player like Haaland for example you want a player to feed that player more than themselves so would want a more assist led Pedro and not a more focused on goal scoring type of option.

So dependant on the buyer and their squad/playing dna what weighting they go for in their goal contributions make up.
You said “They want outputs that lead to points, what they are doesn’t matter”. So on that basis surely the value would be the same if they only measure output and goals/assists are the same thing??

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The phrase is definitely a damp squid! It means an overall disappointing situation, as squid prefer to be soaking wet.

So if someone says did you have a good night, you could say it was really good, a totally wet squid of a night, thanks. ;)

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You said “They want outputs that lead to points, what they are doesn’t matter”. So on that basis surely the value would be the same if they only measure output and goals/assists are the same thing??

Sorry, I will explain it again, hopefully in the way I want it to read:

The balance doesn’t matter, not that the they only want to see goals scored or they only want to see assists. You want a balance is what I meant. So in the modern game you want a split or at least a couple of the other.

Hence why I gave the example breakdowns in an earlier post to reflect what I meant. And neither example reflected a zero for goals or assists. So I had hoped that example given would have explained the point with an example incase someone read it or wanted to reflect it as you did.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, I will explain it again, hopefully in the way I want it to read:

The balance doesn’t matter, not that the they only want to see goals scored or they only want to see assists. You want a balance is what I meant. So in the modern game you want a split or at least a couple of the other.

Hence why I gave the example breakdowns in an earlier post to reflect what I meant. And neither example reflected a zero for goals or assists. So I had hoped that example given would have explained the point with an example incase someone read it or wanted to reflect it as you did.
In that case you were very quick to jump on my initial post (something you accused me of) because clearly I never said they only want goals, I said they would expect goals as well. My point was (and still is) Neto doesn’t score anywhere near enough for some of the fees quoted. He doesn’t have anywhere near a good enough mix of goals and assists hence his 1 in 10 goal scored ratio.

Look at the club he’s been linked with most (Arsenal). There issue isn’t creating chances it’s finishing them. If they spent £90 million on Neto does he really solve that? There fans would be livid at another forward who doesn’t score

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In that case you were very quick to jump on my initial post (something you accused me of) because clearly I never said they only want goals, I said they would expect goals as well. My point was (and still is) Neto doesn’t score anywhere near enough for some of the fees quoted. He doesn’t have anywhere near a good enough mix of goals and assists hence his 1 in 10 goal scored ratio.

Look at the club he’s been linked with most (Arsenal). There issue isn’t creating chances it’s finishing them. If they spent £90 million on Neto does he really solve that? There fans would be livid at another forward who doesn’t score

“Forwards especially modern wide forwards as opposed to an old fashioned winger will be judged on goals. For a player “back to his best” his goal output was still woeful. “

So you said they will be judged on goals…… I said it is goal contributions.

How have I jumped on you? Please explain?

My reply to your post was based on that, I didn’t mock you, something you did to me on two successive post in two comments…..

hence the SBK bingo card after you mocked me twice in a post! A reply to a post that was only polite and showed balanced reasoning to the statement I have quoted above.

You are very very quick to mock others and be nasty like here when the opening to our discussion from me was polite and not aggressive or jumped in on you as a person like you did me and you know that is what I meant!

I came back with the SBK bingo, because I am standing up quickly to your constant attacking the poster *******s that we are told not to do as for some reason you are continually allowed to get away with……

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Squib or Squid me point stands .

West ham will be like us , mindful of cost cutting...they wow sign kilman because Saudi outs or deals for Benrahma b Aguerd won't happen....

It's journalist clutching at straws , cause the window will be very quiet all round ....them just trying to make it look like they are doing a bit of work , which is what I was trying to do whist coming on here this morning......

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Squib or Squid me point stands .

West ham will be like us , mindful of cost cutting...they wow sign kilman because Saudi outs or deals for Benrahma b Aguerd won't happen....

It's journalist clutching at straws , cause the window will be very quiet all round ....them just trying to make it look like they are doing a bit of work , which is what I was trying to do whist coming on here this morning......
It like Moxey window we tried

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It like Moxey window we tried
We will get a couple of loans which was the intention from the start ..... nothing has changed..

We didn't go to them lengths with FFP in the summer to blow it all in January...

We just need to be patient, by the end of the month we will have a couple of loans ..

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dewsnip told the Plymouth Herald: “I took a phone call about eight o’clock and it was from Wolverhampton Wanderers’ technical director. He was very meek and mild on the phone but, yeah, very disappointed to take that phone call.”

He added: “The reason for the phone call on Friday morning, quite frankly, (was) to establish what the state of play was. I was assured at that moment in time there was no interest from anybody at all so it was safe to discuss selecting him, which we felt was the right thing to do.

“I thought he played really well, for what it’s worth. So you have to take people by their word I guess and at that point in time maybe there wasn’t anything going on.”

Back
Top Bottom