Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally i think if the potential bids of 40m for max, big bid for Sa etc come in this winter then i think we should take them as long as we have replacement targets lined up. We wld have half a season to bed in the new players ready to go into next season and as for the rest of this season, we realistically need to win another 3 games to be safe.
This isn’t a game of FIFA

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes…..?

We still have to move Jonny and Jordao on, but yes the outgoing business is on track.

Let’s see some incomings now, Hobbsy!
Surely we just terminate Jordao at some point Jonny little bit more difficult with his huge wage

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jordao's contract expires in the summer, it's just going to wind down I reckon.
He won’t get his 20k a week elsewhere

Cost us €8.9m suppose was worth it for Neto alone. He did actually look quite promising before his injury. Obviously doesn’t train very well. No manager has took to his abilities

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope he loves up to your hype

Not sure what will happen with him. Has he done much with his loan spell?

I've watched a bit of Ekitike and have my doubts but what do I know. If we do loan him, let's hope it's with a option and not an obligation to buy. Just because a team spends 35m on a young striker and all that...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've watched a bit of Ekitike and have my doubts but what do I know. If we do loan him, let's hope it's with a option and not an obligation to buy. Just because a team spends 35m on a young striker and all that...
Don’t get the hype either hardly a strong lad to hold the ball up

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm kind of confused what kind of striker we are looking at now.

Is Hwang now our main out and out striker going forward, last few games before going off, he was very much our guy up top and repeatedly finding space in behind the oppositions defence. Are we looking for someone as backup who is pacey and can make the same kind of runs? Some one who is good on the ball and can interchange with the front 3? Or someone with different attributes, maybe offering strength and heading ability? And Hwang going back out wide.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Is Hwang now our main out and out striker going forward, last few games before going off, he was very much our guy up top and repeatedly finding space in behind the oppositions defence. Are we looking for someone as backup who is pacey and can make the same kind of runs? Some one who is good on the ball and can interchange with the front 3? Or someone with different attributes, maybe offering strength and heading ability? And Hwang going back out wide.
I think a pressing forward is probably the best description. Channy can do it, and imo it's his best position, but he's the only one and he's adapting. I think ideally GON would like a Solanke type (big while also having the engine to press a good bit and with finishing ability), but I'd like a pony.

Someone who can't do the running to fit in the structure just won't play. See: Sasa

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hwang has to stay central

Ideally it is someone with a better all round game than Hwang, who can press and score goals

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just picked up Sheff U have got Brereton Diaz on loan. Seems a very decent piece of business for them.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just picked up Sheff U have got Brereton Diaz on loan. Seems a very decent piece of business for them.
No goals or assists in 20 appearances for Villareal this season, albeit largely off the bench. If they're going to sign him permanently then I think it's sensible, but I'm not sure he's the man for a quick turnaround in fortune.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there talk of Kilman going to Napoli for 40m again?

Surely we can't be that lucky again can we? That would be truly incredible business.
Wrong on so many levels.

Skilled, strong, loyal, likeable, a staple of our mandated requirement to have at least 7 players from British isles, Kilman is key player to both the spine and spirit of the team.

I convinced that the FIFA game has destroyed some fans' ability to understand real world football.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wrong on so many levels.

Skilled, strong, loyal, likeable, a staple of our mandated requirement to have at least 7 players from British isles, Kilman is key player to both the spine and spirit of the team.

I convinced that the FIFA game has destroyed some fans' ability to understand real world football.
Never played FIFA but I’ve seen Kilman in back four and he’s nowhere near what you’d want from a £40m player. I’d be surprised and disappointed if we couldn’t replace him with better for about half the reported fee.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won’t get his 20k a week elsewhere

Cost us €8.9m suppose was worth it for Neto alone. He did actually look quite promising before his injury. Obviously doesn’t train very well. No manager has took to his abilities
Not heard anything that suggests he doesn’t train very well, and istr that the the u21 coach, Steve Davies?, was very complimentary about his input.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never played FIFA but I’ve seen Kilman in back four and he’s nowhere near what you’d want from a £40m player. I’d be surprised and disappointed if we couldn’t replace him with better for about half the reported fee.
Looking forward to you getting the Chief Scout of DoF job next time it is advertised!!!

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before 2nd January we had a squad regarded as too small - so far we have made it smaller.
Tick tock

I know ...and some on here seem almost seem happy to make it smaller by letting senior , established players go (Kilman , Neto) .....Decent fees mentioned , but whats the point of money in the bank ......We need players on the pitch & on the bench

Back
Top Bottom