Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Recent content by portugamerifinn

1. portugamerifinn

VAR 2023-24

The first words that last night's officiating crew hear from their boss better be some variation of "How the **** did you miss that?!"
  2. portugamerifinn

2023/ 2024 Kit

Here's the source, which I trust is accurate since it's a website specifically about kits that tracks the PL kits worn by matchday. Premier League 2022/23 – End of Season Report
  3. portugamerifinn

2023/ 2024 Kit

For those who are acting like this way kit is an affront to humanity that you may never get over, here's how many times Wolves wore each kit during the 22/23 PL season: Home - 31 Away - 2 "Third" - 5 Most PL clubs wear red/claret at home, so you'll see this thing in action probably <6 times...
  4. portugamerifinn

International Call Ups

Portugal opens up against Georgia today at 17:00 in the U-21 Euro on UEFA.tv. Neto and Silva are both on the squad.
  5. portugamerifinn

Neves

And it's not like Ruben was scraping by in Porto, he was making nearly €12,000/week (or €610,000/year) as a 19-year-old there. Obviously, he did make a fair bit more immediately upon moving to Wolves, and he wasn't going to the Championship for the same money he was making at Porto, but it's...
  6. portugamerifinn

Premier League Fixtures 2023/24

I quickly noticed the final matchday and was instantly annoyed. Always playing one of the "big six" nearly always away is not even remotely random luck of the draw.
  7. portugamerifinn

Moutinho

Hate to break it to ya, but guys who were born in the 1920s and '30s didn't play for Wolves recently. I'd say a quick rule of thumb is that if a footballer played before matches were broadcast in colour ... they're not included in the "recent memory" category.
  8. portugamerifinn

Moutinho

The fact he didn't sustain excellence for years and years in a Wolves shirt doesn't mean is isn't "one of the best players ever to play for the club". He is unquestionably one of the few most excellent and accomplished players Wolves have had. He is second all-time in caps for Portugal...
  9. portugamerifinn

Merchandise Lucky Dip

Got an ugly, green training top last year and already took advantage of the £18 shirts last week, so I'm probably gonna sit this one out. I love the idea of it, but that only extends as far as getting something I'd actually wear.
  10. portugamerifinn

SAFE!!!

Absolutely. I really don't understand how fans can watch a sport all the time and not really "get" how the matches leading up to a given performance impact it. Each team has highs and lows and duds and bounceback efforts. The match at Brighton was an example of both ends of the spectrum...
  11. portugamerifinn

Who is getting relegated?

For what it's worth, a Wolves win this weekend almost certainly leaves them 10 points safe with 6 matches to play. The bottom three play at Liverpool, at Arsenal and, of course, v. Wolves. It is very unlikely that Wolves have anything less than a 6-point cushion after the weekend even with a...
  12. portugamerifinn

Who is getting relegated?

For a little perspective, Wolves have a 2% of relegation according to the current final table projection at fivethirtyeight.com. Everyone from Leeds down is at 18-91%, so at this point those are the clubs truly in the thick of the relegation battle. Here's a handy color-coded chart that shows...
  13. portugamerifinn

Liverpool v Wolves (FAC3) comms thread.

Remember when Jimenez could do stuff?
  14. portugamerifinn

World Cup

It has been a long time since all of those tournaments, though. If you have to go back that far to find much better World Cups than '94, that doesn't paint the '94 edition in too poor of a light. I also saw your '94 comment and thought, "Wait, I always thought '94 was really good!" According to...
  15. portugamerifinn

Nuno or Beale.

Well, it's all moot now. I'd argue that "being part of a club's DNA" doesn't equal experience as a manager. If the DNA thing was that big a deal we'd see a lot more former club legends become great managers. Just like being a "coaching nomad" who didn't cut it as a player and starts their...
Back
Top Bottom