Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Recent content by Pessimistic Wolf

1. P

Villa verdict

I think we broadly did about as well as we could have. Play that game 10 times with the same players and we might nick a 1-0 win twice. We obviously have no real attack, and even with the best coaching we have a slightly leaky defence. With the injuries we have and our squad size, there's not...
  2. P

Well done George Elokobi

Had a chance to interview George after a recent Maidstone league game for the press. Honestly, a really lovely, genuine man. It was a night match and the floodlights went out, but he insisted on carrying on with the interview in the pitch black at 10:30pm. He made a real point of speaking to...
  3. P

West Ham United v Wolves comms thread.

No quibbles there. He's offside, however marginally. But remarkable that it took so long for them to establish that.
  4. P

Liverpool Verdict

We've got a good squad of players who are periodically playing some terrific football. Credit to GO'N for getting a tune out of them in that regard. Today was, in my view, largely lost due to mismanagement. His game management is really questionable. We consistently come out in the second...
  5. P

Crystal Palace v Wolves comms thread.

Another awful dive from Ayew.
  6. P

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Well I think Boulaye Dia is off the table as the Italian window has already closed.
  7. P

But add ins related to Nunes' performance might not necessarily be. Would he score 10 goals or make 15 assists, for example? He could fall out of favour or get injured, for instance.
  8. P

So what is the actual fee? E&S report £47m flat fee. Percy reports package up to £60m with £47m cash up front. Do we know whether the add ons are realistic ?
  9. P

Only bad news-slow motion suicide?

You have listed a number of frankly horrendous errors of judgement (or consciously self destructive approaches). I think that's enough to justify an anti-fosun mindset, don't you? Of course there should be space for balance and nuance in the debate, and a recognition of some of the positives...
  10. P

Welcome Gary

I'm not wildly pro O'Neill. It's a tremendous gamble on a young manager who hasn't achieved a huge amount thus far. His stats at Bournemouth are not encouraging, but ultimately it's about points, not xG, and he did enough to keep an astonishingly poor side up. I would encourage everyone to...
  11. P

Lopetegui

I've no way of knowing the merit in this, but there are some glaring omissions from Shi's open letter, which probably shine a light on things he'd rather not discuss. 1) Lopetegui's unhappiness with arrangements. This has happened more than once where external sources have suggested he's...
  12. P

Kilman. Should he stay or go?

I would say 'yes' on the grounds that I have some faith in Lopetegui and Hobbs, and believe that they can use this money in a productive way. I think that's what it has to fundamentally boil down to. I like Kilman a lot. His defensive style is well suited to a top team that has excellent...
  13. P

Why are Wolves so poor at playing the media?

Broadly agree in the short term. If this is something that is going to get resolved imminently one way or another (and it seems that way), then there is no comment necessary. In fact, making a statement only validates the debate and implies that there is something to comment on. If this looks...
Back
Top Bottom