Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Why are Wolves so poor at playing the media?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Currently we have umpteen stories which may be right or may be wrong... but no other club has anything like the same problem...

1) Every club is contending with FFP- why is FFP supposedly costing us our manager?
2) Our Goalkeeper wants to leave because fans don't love him
3) We are hawking around our Captain and holding man, yet West Hams Captain and holding man with 1 year left on his current deal is worth £100m

At what point did our Comms guys decide looking like complete dildos in the media was the right move?

Last edited:

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1) Its hard for any media team to stop that kind of story, if it comes straight from the managers mouth...
I'm however surprised about the lack of crisis management from the PR team at the club. Complete silence. Instead, they overload us with pictures of happy players, and quotes from players about how they do their best...
And to the question - What should they do? Simple answer..
A statement from Jeff Shi, where he states something sort of that the club obviously has to be run in a financially sensible way, they are commited to giving Lopetegui the best possible platform from which to build his team, and they are planning frutiful conversations on how to do this, in the coming days.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3) We are hawking around our Captain and holding man, yet West Hams Captain and holding man with 1 year left on his current deal is worth £100m

West Ham have an option to extend Rice's contract, which is why he's worth far more.

As a more general point, I suspect you pay far more attention to Wolves news than other clubs, and are far more worried when you negative things. Klopp spent half the season moaning about not being able to compete due to FFP for example.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Currently we have umpteen stories which may be right or may be wrong... but no other club has anything like the same problem...

1) Every club is contending with FFP- why is FFP supposedly costing us our manager?

At what point did our Comms guys decide looking like complete dildos in the media was the right move?
Is it our comms guys responsible for this?
Or is it Mr Mendes?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1) Its hard for any media team to stop that kind of story, if it comes straight from the managers mouth...
I'm however surprised about the lack of crisis management from the PR team at the club. Complete silence. Instead, they overload us with pictures of happy players, and quotes from players about how they do their best...
A statement from Jeff Shi, where he states something sort of that the club obviously has to be run in a financially sensible way, they are commited to giving Lopetegui the best possible platform from which to build his team, and they are planning frutiful conversations on how to do this, in the coming days.

I think Jeff controls the media team not the other way around!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's zero point to actually making this statement. No one cares about words, just get it sorted either way. Actions are all that matter.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's zero point to actually making this statement. No one cares about words, just get it sorted either way. Actions are all that matter.
Broadly agree in the short term. If this is something that is going to get resolved imminently one way or another (and it seems that way), then there is no comment necessary. In fact, making a statement only validates the debate and implies that there is something to comment on.

If this looks like it's going to be strung out, or if there is some kind of catastrophic outcome (i.e. JL walks), then the club need to be very proactive with their comms, go into crisis management and control the narrative from the earliest reasonable point.

On that basis, if there is a club statement, that's when I'd be worried.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This would do nothing other than fan the flames.

People on here: we're PLANNING a fruitful conversation? So we haven't already had one???? FAFFETY FAFF they didsn't EVEN denY he'S LeEving!!!!

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't know they had a team, but it's probably because our build up play is too slow, we don't create enough chances and our strikers are rubbish.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly I disagree……we are now in an age when many people have lost their ability to consider what is fake. Words matter.
The result is like what happened on here yesterday…..JL was lied to and he should leave and Jeff has to go.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When Gosun took us over I thought than an organisation like their's would bring expertise to the club. In many areas they do not exercise thiis at all. PR is so important in enhancing this club to maximise our resouces. Bring in branding experts and then you dont need to worry about these articles quoted.
There are many areas where we could improve our standing and with it performances. Maybe we cannot match some of the very rich clubs yet but look at Brighton and Brentford .

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly I disagree……we are now in an age when many people have lost their ability to consider what is fake. Words matter.
The result is like what happened on here yesterday…..JL was lied to and he should leave and Jeff has to go.
What does an official statement achieve? Stops fifty ... on an internet forum collectively lose their ****? To what end? So they can collectively lose their **** over something else?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What does an official statement achieve? Stops fifty ... on an internet forum collectively lose their ****? To what end? So they can collectively lose their **** over something else?
I see your point but a statement, if not conclusive, can lead to even more questions. This is why many times politicians and companies don’t rush out too soon with statements.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Number 3 is down to the fact Declan rice has:

The homegrown player aspect and benefits means there is a premium attached.

Is a regular England international starter and regardless of your thoughts on GS, that means more than what Ruben does with Portugal.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, don't release a statement then. Oh...
Well, sometimes a ‘too soon’ statement can only perpetuate the story……however, I’ll be the first to say I’m not sure when to stand back and let the story die or to clarify club/company/political positions.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@mods So you're now editing out words you deem to be offensive. Why not just add ********* to the swear filter?

Or is it because Dick is someone's name lol? and heads are just... well heads.

I meant it in the nicest possible way and I do consider myself a ******** on the internet btw

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
@mods So you're now editing out words you deem to be offensive. Why not just add ********* to the swear filter?

Or is it because Dick is someone's name lol? and heads are just... well heads.

I meant it in the nicest possible way and I do consider myself a ******** on the internet btw
Good point, why has ********* got through the swear filter but ******** hasnt, will need to look at that

Back
Top Bottom