Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale... NO....NO....NO....

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bullet well and truly dodged when he turned us down 16 months ago. Pretty sure we’d have got relegated had we appointed him.
If as expected Silva leaves in the summer for way less than we paid for him, it pales into almost insignifance compared to relegation.
What a crazy industry football is. In 16 months Beale has probably earned millions by failing in two consecutive jobs !!!

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The opinions of some folk, l'm not saying that you are one of them, do seem to shift according to whatever the latest line from the club is.....

It's my mum's funeral on Thursday so apologies if l came over as harsh.
Condolences to you and yours

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sellers got the boot because Lopetegui wouldn’t work with him.
His position was untenable as such....cause basically Jeff and Fosun had had to put there hands deeper in there pocket and go crawling to beg Jorge again with lopetugui....as Sellars in his role had proved incapable of bringing a manager in .....

None of it matters really...old news....bullet well and truly dodged....but bit harsh to blame Hobbs when it was Sellars job....

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
His position was untenable as such....cause basically Jeff and Fosun had had to put there hands deeper in there pocket and go crawling to beg Jorge again with lopetugui....as Sellars in his role had proved incapable of bringing a manager in .....

None of it matters really...old news....bullet well and truly dodged....but but harsh to blame Hobbs when it was Sellars job....
Yeah I agree all turned out well in the end

Stingray II

Reaction score
I would be interested to know how many £ millions in contract pay-offs to date Beale has earned for relatively short work periods. A 2.5 yr contract cancelled after two months. Football clubs need to wise up and not be signing lengthy contracts for any but the top managers.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at the pig's ear Lampard's right hand man is making of Millwall as well. No doubt Beale has the ability to talk a good game in interviews but is clearly all fur coat, no knickers.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bullet well and truly dodged when he turned us down 16 months ago. Pretty sure we’d have got relegated had we appointed him.
If as expected Silva leaves in the summer for way less than we paid for him, it pales into almost insignifance compared to relegation.
What a crazy industry football is. In 16 months Beale has probably earned millions by failing in two consecutive jobs !!!
I'd argue three. QPR started sliding down the table and he quickly jumped ship to Rangers before his stock fell any lower. Con artist.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be interested to know how many £ millions in contract pay-offs to date Beale has earned for relatively short work periods. A 2.5 yr contract cancelled after two months. Football clubs need to wise up and not be signing lengthy contracts for any but the top managers.
I presume that most coaches don’t receive as much as some fans think when they’re fired.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The opinions of some folk, l'm not saying that you are one of them, do seem to shift according to whatever the latest line from the club is.....

It's my mum's funeral on Thursday so apologies if l came over as harsh.
Sorry to hear about that mate. Thinking of you and your family.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd argue three. QPR started sliding down the table and he quickly jumped ship to Rangers before his stock fell any lower. Con artist.

They were seventh when he left, 6th a game before so a bit daft to call that a failure.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s not a con artist. He may have doubted his own ability and thus was reticent about working in the PL at this time.
He’s a qualified coach but whether he’s any good or not is another point.

Edit…..written before the fake Twitter account was revealed.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The comments on that post sum up why no fans anywhere will celebrate his appointment if he gets another job.

I saw separately that one of the final straws was the players reaction when after a defeat, he made them do extra training while he took a day off. How’s that for arrogance and not taking responsibility for his part in the defeat? A truly awful coach.
When he was mentioned for us I felt very meh about it but talked myself round that maybe an up and coming coach was ok.

His behaviour after our approach tho was terrible. Glad it never happened.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The comments on that post sum up why no fans anywhere will celebrate his appointment if he gets another job.

I saw separately that one of the final straws was the players reaction when after a defeat, he made them do extra training while he took a day off. How’s that for arrogance and not taking responsibility for his part in the defeat? A truly awful coach.

That last part is bloody disgraceful behaviour!!! Surely as the manager you would want to be there hands on to fix issues even if he blames the players…… truly odd behaviour

Shows he doesn’t respect the time of his players or staff to get them in for extra stuff and not turn up himself.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He tried to make us look like a laughing stock whilst trying to enhance his reputation and it worked for a while as he was everywhere in the media and online tossing himself off whilst repeating the word loyalty.

We got accused of sour grapes when we said he wasn’t offered the job anyway and took umbrage to almost every word that came out of his mouth after that. Well, thank **** this clown rejected a job he was never officially offered in the first place or we would be in the championship right now with one of the many “safe pair of hands” managers in charge keeping us in with an outside shot of the playoffs.

Also, the cynic in me thinks that Beale knew that we were holding out for Lopetegui, was not the first choice by any stretch of the imagination and any appointment wouldn’t be before the winter break/World Cup break so knew he wasn’t a shoe in.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Canadian Wow GIF by DJ Khaled

Doomed to fail with an ego like that

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to prove how little I know, when Mark McGhee was appointed manager I felt it was a very good move by the club and would see us promoted… !!
I felt the same Frank.

He was appointed after Jonathan Hayward was apparently blown away with a Reading performance when we played them at the Mol. McGhee was their manager at the time before he moved to Leicester, where he stayed only 12 months. I think we thought he was a really good, up and coming manager at the time.

I often think of Steve Corica and Kalac, the goalkeeper that never was!

Never forget him starting with Steve Claridge and Paul Simpson, leaving Bully and Robbie Keane on the bench in Cup semi final defeat to Arsenal!

McGhee never gave credit to anyone or any team.

He was given plenty of backing, but he won’t be remembered with much affection.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I felt the same Frank.

He was appointed after Jonathan Hayward was apparently blown away with a Reading performance when we played them at the Mol. McGhee was their manager at the time before he moved to Leicester, where he stayed only 12 months. I think we thought he was a really good, up and coming manager at the time.

I often think of Steve Corica and Kalac, the goalkeeper that never was!

Never forget him starting with Steve Claridge and Paul Simpson, leaving Bully and Robbie Keane on the bench in Cup semi final defeat to Arsenal!

McGhee never gave credit to anyone or any team.

He was given plenty of backing, but he won’t be remembered with much affection.

His team talks were utterly inspirational and sent the starting line up out with passion and fire .............................................................. Sadly that side was more often than not who Wolves were playing that day, as the amount of times he could not keep his trap shut from spouting what the Americans refer to as Bulletin Board material was incredible !!!

People on this thread have mentioned a ' Sliding Doors ' moment reference Michael Beale. McGhee was such a happening as we paid a King's ransom to get him from Leicester who appointed Martin O'Neill as his successor and would go on to get promoted and have one of the best periods in their history. Meanwhile under McGhee, Wolves blew promotion ( a familiar refrain ! ) and would spend yet more seasons in the Division from Hell !!!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For those without Twitter.....

A Twitter account called 'Player ID' has been posting pro Mick Beale tweets for the last few days, showing things like camera angles to defend him not shaking his player's hand, retweeting stuff about no one wanting the Sunderland job if he's sacked, etc. etc.

The same account has historically Tweeted stuff about Rangers, during Mick Beale's time there.

Turns out, this account is linked to Mick Beale himself.....

1708436213406.png
Unbelievable Jeff!!!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. I think we luckily avoided a talentless narcissist of the highest order.
I think that Beale avoided us as we offered him the job - allegedly.

Don't want to 'bash the club', but how did we even get to consider such a person, let alone offer him a chance to manage us?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don't want to 'bash the club', but how did we even get to consider such a person, let alone offer him a chance to manage us?

Cant remember who was in charge of that side of the club at the time was it Sellers or Hobbs?

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For those without Twitter.....

A Twitter account called 'Player ID' has been posting pro Mick Beale tweets for the last few days, showing things like camera angles to defend him not shaking his player's hand, retweeting stuff about no one wanting the Sunderland job if he's sacked, etc. etc.

The same account has historically Tweeted stuff about Rangers, during Mick Beale's time there.

Turns out, this account is linked to Mick Beale himself.....

View attachment 40612
Unbelievable Jeff!!!
came to post the same, unbelievable Jeff!!!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Back
Top Bottom