Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell Kilman for £40m in this window, can that money count to income for summer purchases for FFP purposes? Or would there be an onus on us to spend it in this FFP window (i.e. immediately)? If the latter, we're going to get rinsed by any club we want to buy from.
I’m no expert on FFP but know that it works on a rolling 3 years basis. So, Anything that impacts our bottom line this year provides extra spending power next year.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell Kilman for £40m in this window, can that money count to income for summer purchases for FFP purposes? Or would there be an onus on us to spend it in this FFP window (i.e. immediately)? If the latter, we're going to get rinsed by any club we want to buy from.
FFP works in rolling three year cycles. I think it's £105m permitted losses accumulated over those three seasons.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeh he did stand out, him and Doue were phenomenal. Actually really surprised to see that Doue has only started 5 games for them this season, he looks like a really special talent.

I liked the look of Ibrahim Salah

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only if the owner invests, otherwise its £15m accumulated over 3 seasons
Almost unfathomable that a Premier League owner wouldn't invest though, in this day and age. Not saying it couldn't happen, but owners will do whatever they can to retain their status in a multi-billion pound league. The loss of Premier League status is far more costly than not covering £90m losses over three years!

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What signal does it send out if we sell our captain? We should not sell Kilman a left footed CB is worth double, I’d be well cheesed off if we sold him.
For those who would quite happily see Kilman sold becasue they dont rate him think about what would happen without him. He may not appear to be the great centre back but if he unites the team together and his absence would negatively upset the balance of the team then he needs to stay. Only when we feel he can be taken out of the side without worsening it should we even think about it.

Coops

Reaction score
Sad, I really like Cundlinho but he never doesn’t break into this Prem Team for several years at best.
Don’t think he ever would unfortunately, we’re a level above. A decent sale of £2-3m+ would be ideal and allow us to spend a little this year given amortised costs.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe there’s an option with the loan?
That I would not like to see unless the option is a lot higher than tjhe fee mentioned. Just a loan allows us to retain advantage for any deal whereas an option allows the other team to dictate at a low fee or if they dont want him to walk away.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why have we recalled Cundle and sent him to Stoke? Any ideas?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
That I would not like to see unless the option is a lot higher than tjhe fee mentioned. Just a loan allows us to retain advantage for any deal whereas an option allows the other team to dictate at a low fee or if they dont want him to walk away.
The only clubs with money aren’t showing interest in him.
2m is about right really. Championship isn’t awash with money.
We’ll sell him in the summer I think.

Back
Top Bottom