Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Magnificent - Brentford Verdict Thread

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great performance especially second half
Doyle with a worldie and takes a player out with another lol
Neto with another assist
Thought Cunha was MOTM but great effort by all
He worked hard, but he had a lot of bad touches that cost us chances.

Bellegarde and Doyle completely bossed the midfield down a man. They are clear tonight.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Replay week starting 15.

JRB and cunha really look players so pumped we have jrb and Neto and the channy and cunha so many options

Well done again SA and loved him giving it back to there fans at the end ****ers
Mr Toney is not eligible to play again until 17 Jan. Lets hope the replay is 15th or 16th Jan

Regardless they are getting smashed either way

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So there player makes a similar challenge on Doyle & nothing. There player grabs Semedo by the throat and its a yellow. Cool.

Well ****ing done lads. Great performance with 10 men. Absolute smash the pricks at home.
BBC stats showing their player was yellow carded for the challenge on Doyle. I didn’t see any card shown at the time so not sure if he was or not.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Great result all considered. Thought we were exceptional in the second half and didn't look like we were a man down. Think Neto made a huge difference when he came on, the whole team seemed to grow in confidence. Neto came on balls swinging and acted like he was the best player on the pitch. Beautiful goal by Doyle. As I said on the comms thread we are now a proper team who play for each other and the manager. Something has clicked. Everything's been said about the referee. Pretty disgraceful. Shout out to our fans too, they were brilliant. Friday night in London, ****ing down and a man down and 1 goal down and didn't stop singing all game. Did hear the Brentford fans at all.

Replay is week beginning 15th Jan and Brentford have Forest on the weekend after that, a huge game for them. They may rest a few but with a week off they may not. Ivan Toney's suspension ends on Jan 17th so he will probably make his comeback at Molineux against us.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC stats showing their player was yellow carded for the challenge on Doyle. I didn’t see any card shown at the time so not sure if he was or not.

I thought he was yellow carded a few minutes later? Don't even think we got a free kick for the Doyle challenge.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
i've replied on this below...he can play after 17th Jan.

The replay date has not been confirmed.. I'm hoping 15, or 16th
15th is a Monday so that is a Monday so that is very unlikely. We could play on Tuesday 16th though.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great result all considered. Thought we were exceptional in the second half and didn't look like we were a man down. Think Neto made a huge difference when he came on, the whole team seemed to grow in confidence. Neto came on balls swinging and acted like he was the best player on the pitch. Beautiful goal by Doyle. As I said on the comms thread we are now a proper team who play for each other and the manager. Something has clicked. Everything's been said about the referee. Pretty disgraceful. Shout out to our fans too, they were brilliant. Friday night in London, ****ing down and a man down and 1 goal down and didn't stop singing all game. Did hear the Brentford fans at all.

Replay is week beginning 15th Jan and Brentford have Forest on the weekend after that, a huge game for them. They may rest a few but with a week off they may not. Ivan Toney's suspension ends on Jan 17th so he will probably make his comeback at Molineux against us.
Agree on Netos ball swinging and swag he's really confident and thinks and is above the Brentford ****

JRB good game as did cunha ahve lovely dribbling touches. Well done Doyle well done Santi Bueno, Bueno seems to have bedded in actually worked well with Dawson having his knee injury has given Bueno chance to bed

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I enjoyed that in a funny way more than the 4-1. Worked our socks off and players playing for the manager and the fans, who sounded fantastic all game. GON has got them fighting for everything and 11 v 11 we win that comfortably. Great to still be in the Cup!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fair ref AND a just VAR and we'd be through comfortably.

Brentford had great confidence that they could get away with anything they liked.

Now to Wolves, who were once again brilliant given the circumstances. Doyle's performances of late have made him undroppable and that goal was a genuine worldy - something he's done before, so no one in a hundred fluke.

Fans yet again 10/10 and the character of this team is 10/10. Got a sneaky that our name is on the Cup, whatever the cheats in our game try to do.

Brentford - despise them and their chimney sweep faced manager.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy If You Say So GIF

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Weak weak ref tonight absolutely pathetic hed struggle with kids football based on that performance.

To send Joao off then not even give a yellow for an obvious stamp.We've had some **** refs this year but that guys up there for been the worst.

Onto the lads brilliant performance, looked the better team with 10 men for the majority of the second half is brilliant. GON has instilled some massive believe.

A replay is actually okay as it limits the games joao misses (prem games).
Can this get a retrospective ban, and the Semedo choke?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Wolves, Doyle growing in stature every game, he's a Wolf for sure. 10 men against 12 + VAR officials for most of the match. Noticed that the 4th official was refusing to communicate with O'Neil in the later stages. Absolutely disgusting.

The fourth official was more like a Brentford member of staff. Brentford have a team talk when their player gets the ball in the head but the ref is ready to restart, and he does sweet fa to move along the Brentford players or staff. He looked arrogantly at Gary when he asking about Doyle’s stamp. He was a perfect example of an arrogant official who thinks he’s above the plebs around him. Frankly, you could take the entire team of officials involved today, stick them on a ship to Australia with Gillett, never to be seen again.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great result and a great team performance to take in to the winter break. This team is once again made of steel, it’s glad to have this togetherness back - it’s been too long.

I hate the pathetic little club that is Brentford. Stupid, pathetic fans who mirror their stupid, pathetic manager who then picks a bunch of stupid, pathetic players. Such a tin pot club of pure nothingness. The sooner they go down, the better.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Seen the red card now as I missed it earlier, not a red yellow at worst. The one on Doyle was clearly worse and higher but play on?!?!? I missed semedo violently attacking the Brentford player hands with his throat.

Great performance to bring it back and a beautiful strike from Doyle.

Back
Top Bottom