Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Diallo is brilliant.

He was a class above in the Championship last season.

But I would not want to sign him in January unless we're fighting relegation. Otherwise we're just helping Man United make their player better. No thanks.
Did I get this right?……..

You wouldn’t sign a player to help Wolves because it might make Utd. better? Really?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps you have the same contact???
Mine is Man utd end.....works in the sports science bit.....I get a bit of info nw and again on man utd squad ...he is quite senior ....

Told the story when I went to United the one year under Nuno and was sat in the director box bit at old Trafford and after the game was speaking to a recruitment bloke of there's who commented "can we buy your team spirit"...

JJ59

Reaction score
Mine is Man utd end.....works in the sports science bit.....I get a bit of info nw and again on man utd squad ...he is quite senior ....

Told the story when I went to United the one year under Nuno and was sat in the director box bit at old Trafford and after the game was speaking to a recruitment bloke of there's who commented "can we buy your team spirit"...
If that was the year we drew 1-1 I was in the directors box but on the other side to the Wolves contingent with the Man U directors. Ed Woodward told me that George Mendes was pushing Nuno to be the next MU manager. Ed was very impressed with Nuno. In response I suggested that Nuno might not be as effective when handling big names with egos (Benzema?) Really great day, sat 2 seats away from Alex F. Followed by an evening at a German bar where the Man U management were highly critical of their team, Rashford in particular seemed to be a pet hate.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get rid ...Jonny , Doherty , Silva
Get in ....
Walker peters ,
Langstaff from notts county ,
Hutchinson and Diappo ( the 2:lads who ran rings around us at Portman road )

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that was the year we drew 1-1 I was in the directors box but on the other side to the Wolves contingent with the Man U directors. Ed Woodward told me that George Mendes was pushing Nuno to be the next MU manager. Ed was very impressed with Nuno. In response I suggested that Nuno might not be as effective when handling big names with egos (Benzema?) Really great day, sat 2 seats away from Alex F. Followed by an evening at a German bar where the Man U management were highly critical of their team, Rashford in particular seemed to be a pet hate.
First year we came up.....only went in that year in there........with me mate who works for them....he asks me most years but prefer the away end.....hate watching me p's and Q's around man utd people....hate em.......it wasn't woodwood who said it.....was a scout who worked for him...

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sancho is allegedly on £200k a week. Even a loan deal is too unrealistic as Utd won’t cover most of his wages just to send him to us.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a wide forward more desperately than any other position. Hwang will be lucky to last the whole season and players like Neto really don’t need hamstring issues - we desperately need some cover/competition there as Enso isn’t anywhere near ready to be thrown in.

A striker would also be nice as Sasa doesn’t fit into our current style and Fabio is struggling.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man Utd could likely have a new manager by January, Sancho would then probably be reintegrated into their team/squad.
Apparently he has been left out of the WhatsApp group, doesn't wake up in time for training and is not in a good state mentally or physically. A problem child who believes he is a wonderkid. They have one or two like that.

JJ59

Reaction score
From 'Stretty News'

Amad Diallo has yet to make a competitive appearance this season but that won’t stop clubs from trying to sign the winger in January.

The 21-year-old sustained a knee injury during the pre-season tour and he’s still going through the recovery process.

That said, with Amad now working with the ball at training, we should see him return after the international break.

Reports this week suggest that Wolves will try to sign Amad on loan in January.
I have serious doubts about this individual, on his stats alone it is difficult to understand why Man Utd bought him. Not even sure about his name, he was fined 48k Euros for immigration irregularities, may have obtained an Italian ppt by falsely claiming to be the brother of a resident. Overall we need to steer well clear of this mistake. Success in the Championship often means nothing in the EPL as we know from our own experience. Leo Bonatini ring any bells,?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have serious doubts about this individual, on his stats alone it is difficult to understand why Man Utd bought him. Not even sure about his name, he was fined 48k Euros for immigration irregularities, may have obtained an Italian ppt by falsely claiming to be the brother of a resident. Overall we need to steer well clear of this mistake. Success in the Championship often means nothing in the EPL as we know from our own experience. Leo Bonatini ring any bells,?
Would that be the same bells that Bowen and Eze ring?

JJ59

Reaction score
Would that be the same bells that Bowen and Eze ring?
It's the exceptions that prove the rule.
If we do link up with him I hope it would be a loan initially and if we do then I will support him.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any names people would like us to realistically to sign?

Some players to keep an eye on. From my own viewing. Not saying sign all of them but I feel some would offer us potential to improve us

Jordan Lotomba RB / LB
Marco Kana DM / CB
Giorgi Gocholeishvili - right wing back
Raphael Veiga - CAM
Pedrinho - winger
Moses Simon - winger
Jonas Wind - forward
Jack Clarke - forward
Michail Antonio - forward
Yes please to Jack Clarke.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the exceptions that prove the rule.
If we do link up with him I hope it would be a loan initially and if we do then I will support him.
Jamie vardy , Ricky lambert are another two

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I get this right?……..

You wouldn’t sign a player to help Wolves because it might make Utd. better? Really?
Yes, unless we're in a desperate situation (which I hope we won't be).

It blocks the path of our own players, and we would be in a position where we need to replace him in the summer. It's a short-term solution and Man United would be the big beneficiaries.

I would generally not look to loan players unless there was an option to buy.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why an earth would we develop another premier league teams player?
Loan with an option or obligation that’s different
Because we’re not out of the woods yet…….not by a long shot.
Help Wolves now and worry that we might improve another club’s player by a small margin later.

Survival first.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With FFP tight and low on funds ... straight loan maybe our only option in January.....diallo and say Hugo Ekitike from PSG are realistic options in January for straight loans , if that is all you can negotiate...

Agreeing to over inflated obligation to buy might not be our best solution...

Last edited:

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, unless we're in a desperate situation (which I hope we won't be).

It blocks the path of our own players, and we would be in a position where we need to replace him in the summer. It's a short-term solution and Man United would be the big beneficiaries.

I would generally not look to loan players unless there was an option to buy.
Issue is if Hwang gets injured as he often has or Neto doesn't recover well from his injury who from the current squad replaces them?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Issue is if Hwang gets injured as he often has or Neto doesn't recover well from his injury who from the current squad replaces them?
Luckily we're getting close to the transfer window, so we might be able to bring in some lighter help.

Hwang has been scoring, but that could try up at any second. It's not like he's making crazy chances himself. His engine gets him in spots where the balls have fallen. And I've always been a huge support of Hwang.

We could also raise some funds by selling guys like Silva who clearly aren't going to be part of plans anymore.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we're in a good position then I'd rather give those minutes to Silva/Sasa with a formation tweak or even Chirewa from the U21s.

If we're 4/5 points above the relegation zone and on a bad run, I full accept going for a short-term option like Amad. As I said, I think he's class so I'm not going to be gutted if we did sign him, just hate loans that you realistically know you can't keep if you're a mid-table side.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're in a good position then I'd rather give those minutes to Silva/Sasa with a formation tweak or even Chirewa from the U21s.

If we're 4/5 points above the relegation zone and on a bad run, I full accept going for a short-term option like Amad. As I said, I think he's class so I'm not going to be gutted if we did sign him, just hate loans that you realistically know you can't keep if you're a mid-table side.
It's unlikely we'll know how comfortable we'll be in January though and it's a notoriously bad time to do business. Get a loan like him to see us through then look for someone permanent in the summer

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m with you on this.

Besides if he’s not good enough to get anywhere near their team then I’d guess he’s not going to come here and play a significant role for half a season.
If we can buy him or loan with option then he could provide some cover and be developed for the future.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m with you on this.

Besides if he’s not good enough to get anywhere near their team then I’d guess he’s not going to come here and play a significant role for half a season.
If we can buy him or loan with option then he could provide some cover and be developed for the future.
He got injured in pre season...he was had a good pre season apparently...has only just started training fully.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very interesting. Thanks to you and Let's all have for sharing.

I was very sad the way Nuno left, but if he had gone to Man United then all the illusion of romance in sport would have gone and it would have been a hard thing to take! But, he didn't. I wonder why not? Also linked with Arsenal, I'd like to believe he chose to stay with us.

So, are those players seriously linked, and are they who we need? I like our links with South American players by the way, Brazil can change the colour of their shirts to old gold.

Back
Top Bottom