Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Diallo and Sancho are hopefully on our radar. We just need to sell Sarabia , Silva and Jonny. Get as much as we can ready to bolster the defence in the summer. Dawson can’t go on forever
Unless United want to pay 75% of his wages there’s zero chance of Sancho coming here. No way we pay him anywhere near what he’s on.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Mosquera will come back into the first team squad following his successful loan whilst Jonny, Jordao, Fabio, Hodge, Fraser and Enso should all go out on loan for game time.

I would then be very surprised if the club choose not to back Gary with a new star striker. All of the names below have at least 4 goals this season in a top European league. They are all 6'2" plus and most have a bit of pace too.

Dominic Solanke, Joshua Zirkzee, Artem Dovbyk, Samu Omorodion, Jorgen Strand Larsen, Alexander Sorloth, Terrem Moffi, Serhou Guirassy, Jonas Wind, Victor Boniface, Akor Adams, Luis Suarez

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
I think Mosquera will come back into the first team squad following his successful loan whilst Jonny, Jordao, Fabio, Hodge, Fraser and Enso should all go out on loan for game time.

I would then be very surprised if the club choose not to back Gary with a new star striker. All of the names below have at least 4 goals this season in a top European league. They are all 6'2" plus and most have a bit of pace too.

Dominic Solanke, Joshua Zirkzee, Artem Dovbyk, Samu Omorodion, Jorgen Strand Larsen, Alexander Sorloth, Terrem Moffi, Serhou Guirassy, Jonas Wind, Victor Boniface, Akor Adams, Luis Suarez
I thought loan rules now mean only so many can be loaned?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be silly not to explore it, we also have a former PSG player on the books
They have been looking to loan him for a bit , and put him in the premier league shop window..we could agree to a slightly inflated option to secure it......Mendes mate is PSG recruitment bloke....

D

Deleted member 13560twfw

Does anyone know if Fosun are going to invest or just pull/keep the funds like they did over the summer? Any info would be helpful for me really. Because if they do hold the funds back in the January window, or if they are planning on doing so. I would have something to say against it. As we need players. A striker, or two. A defender. Our squad does need strengthening, as I think Mario and Cunha in African Cup of Nations in January, and I don't know who is going to cover them.

There was talk over Nathan Fraser, yet, he may be too inexperienced to play first team football despite his good record this season. Not sure if Gary plans to play him in following fixtures.

Let me know your thoughts, as would help me get a better insight. Any rumours, or stories, or inclinations as to what is going on with Jeff Shi right now with funds.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think we can expect much in January as it’s still the same financial year for FFP.

Hopefully, the purse strings loosen next summer but one thing I’ve learned over the years is that money spent does not have a direct relationship to success on the pitch.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell Neto we'll have a good (or should I say busy) window if we don't then the best we can probably hope for a mid-range no9 and maybe a backup winger.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Fosun are going to invest or just pull/keep the funds like they did over the summer? Any info would be helpful for me really. Because if they do hold the funds back in the January window, or if they are planning on doing so. I would have something to say against it. As we need players. A striker, or two. A defender. Our squad does need strengthening, as I think Mario and Cunha in African Cup of Nations in January, and I don't know who is going to cover them.

There was talk over Nathan Fraser, yet, he may be too inexperienced to play first team football despite his good record this season. Not sure if Gary plans to play him in following fixtures.

Let me know your thoughts, as would help me get a better insight. Any rumours, or stories, or inclinations as to what is going on with Jeff Shi right now with funds.
I don't think Mario's team, Gabon, qualified.
Cunha is Brazilian.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who are the players who would play in the African Cup of Nations?
I can’t think of any or am I missing something.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I'm getting boring but we've got to get a between the posts CF in January, even if we need to sell Silva to do it. When you watch Haarland, Watkins, Wilson they're right there between the posts where they get their goals, not out on the wing or in mf where our 'strikers' tend to roam.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure (or certainly hope) GON has identified a striker in the low price range that would benefit us.

Won't be him but you'd imagine Hobbs & the recruitment team will have done the legwork now. Wouldn't mind a loan with an option.

If we can I'd try & shift Jonny.

Maybe bring in another wide player.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are there any lower league gems that we should be picking up?

Just looking for those performing and young enough to improve, how about any of these?

Jack Clarke - Sunderland (22 years old, Winger)
Morgan Whittaker - Plymouth Argyle (22 years old, Winger/Forward)
Leif Davis - Ipswich Town (22 years old, Left back/Centre back)
Jaden Philogene - Hull City (21 years old, Winger/Midfielder)

From the little I have seen I would take Clarke for a sensible price, and I like the look of Leif Davies, but I doubt we are in the market for a left back with RAN, Toti, and Bueno.

Is there anyone else that we should be looking at?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I'm getting boring but we've got to get a between the posts CF in January, even if we need to sell Silva to do it. When you watch Haarland, Watkins, Wilson they're right there between the posts where they get their goals, not out on the wing or in mf where our 'strikers' tend to roam.
Good post but it’s only now with Gary that our midfielders are putting the ball through the channels and not only the wing. It’s great to see 4 or 5 of the lads in the penalty box and having a go.
Neves and Mouthino drove me crazy watching them passing sideways. Now we’re attacking more.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were to sell, what do we think his value is now? 10m tops I’d say with add on’s and a sell on clause
Might get 20m at the most I think most of the Europa league clubs interested was offering someone in part exchange plus money maybe a route we will have to go down to reap the rewards

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That simple eh?

I don’t think they’d sell him, certainly not in January. Or only for much more money than we could/would pay.
He’s going to be crucial to their hopes of staying up and that’ll be worth far more than they will get for him.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure (or certainly hope) GON has identified a striker in the low price range that would benefit us.
Do we even know if such a player exists?

Whoever we get will be a massive punt. No chance of a striker from a Premier League club. Transfermarkt have even Evan Ferguson rated as £65m so you're either looking at a Danny Welbeck type or a complete unknown from the Championship for £20m

Back
Top Bottom