Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

PROTEST South Bank turn backs in 6th minute

T

TheConcourse

It takes agreement from a bunch of people here, and a coordinated effort to spread the word on X.

Reality is that their algorithm is so finely tuned to provide content on interests, that fans will be able to see the intent by this afternoon/evening.

I like the idea of the whole stadium turning their backs on the game on the 6th minute.

Or phones out, torches on, to shine a light on the utter incompetence of the ****s at PGMOL.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
The most coordinated protest I've ever seen was the club shop catalogue paper airplanes of the Moxey era.

Sorry I just don't see any of these happening. If anything does, it would just be a 'curiosity' on news websites.

It should be a coordinated effort between every club, because every fan is suffering.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We have been denied 6pts

Suggestion: versus Spurs on TV, the South Bank (or ideally whole ground) turns our back for the sixth minute

yes? No? I don’t care if it’s a **** idea and doesn’t happen. But I do want something tangible to happen so better ideas welcomed
Great idea Surrey, an even better idea is every football fan stopped proscribing to the source of the problems created by them,
but we know that wont be happening,

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everybody in the ground to be given two cards when they go in. One says "There was contact" and the other "There's not enough contact". For every single referee decision, people hold one card up totally at random. It's how refs are refereeing games these days. Or a card with "He dived" , ready for the inevitable next decision against us.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been denied 6pts

Suggestion: versus Spurs on TV, the South Bank (or ideally whole ground) turns our back for the sixth minute

yes? No? I don’t care if it’s a **** idea and doesn’t happen. But I do want something tangible to happen so better ideas welcomed

I’m in !

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any action that we take can not put accross the message that we are "victims", it has to be a coordinated effort against VAR in general. Yes we have had a large amount of decisions against us, but so have others.

I like the idea of the red cards, but maybe they could be printed with VAR on them? Get them out on the away seats too, let them join in.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a great idea. Spread the word everyone.

6 minute back turn followed by **** VAR, **** VAR, **** VAR …

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we need to be careful so it doesn't just look like us Wolves fans moaning about the decisions that have affected us and suggesting it's down to bias/cheating against us in particular.

Stronger to focus on the general incompetence of the officials as a whole... and it would have a lot more impact if perhaps other fans at other games did something similar, regardless of the badge.
Maybe the International break would give a little more time to co-ordinate with other clubs ? I guess Arsenal fans will be on board after yesterday...

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been denied 6pts

How about just 90 mins of 'f' VAR, over and over again, whole stadium singing. Live on TV, seen by millions of viewers around the world (deliberately havent used the word fans)

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
this isnt right, do the rememberance part, all pay respects and then attack VAR from the whistle. The rememberance ceremony doesnt normally have any say or impact on events from when the whistle blows?! We need to strike while it is raw and fresh

(i am pro remeberance by the way, I have always atteneded at my local park before it became more popular, just incase anyone thinks this is an attack on that)

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Everything will fall flat if the match is exciting. Especially if there's a goal.

Sorry, but they just won't care.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
this isnt right, do the rememberance part, all pay respects and then attack VAR from the whistle. The rememberance ceremony doesnt normally have any say or impact on events from when the whistle blows?! We need to strike while it is raw and fresh

(i am pro remeberance by the way, I have always atteneded at my local park before it became more popular, just incase anyone thinks this is an attack on that)
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I don't think it would have the right impact in the press and on TV.
"Wolves fans playing the victim, on a day like today"

Much better to do it on another date.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I don't think it would have the right impact in the press and on TV.
"Wolves fans playing the victim, on a day like today"

Much better to do it on another date.

Well, lets see if we can get a load of old boys in their blazers, berets and medals to start chanting 'f VAR' on the pitch before kick off, the bugler can join in.

(joke, in case anyone takes offence)

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It takes agreement from a bunch of people here, and a coordinated effort to spread the word on X.

Reality is that their algorithm is so finely tuned to provide content on interests, that fans will be able to see the intent by this afternoon/evening.

I like the idea of the whole stadium turning their backs on the game on the 6th minute.

Or phones out, torches on, to shine a light on the utter incompetence of the ****s at PGMOL.
this and turn backs and boo every time a decision is made by VAR during the game

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
this and turn backs and boo every time a decision is made by VAR during the game

The catch with that is that some of our worst decisions are when VAR has not made a decision (but should have).

I don't think VAR is going away in the near future. Too many egomaniacs at the top invested in it. What perhaps is possible though, is to get rid of the "clear and obvious" clause. This seems to be problem #1 with VAR and getting rid of it would maybe make VAR sufferable? (though it will never be enjoyable).

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get a couple of dodgy VAR decisions go our way on Saturday like getting awarded a dubious pen and Spurs getting say a legitimate goal disallowed, will the protest still go ahead?
If you read it, they say that it won't be against Spurs due to Armistice day.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree. Respect the pre match remembrance ceremony, but as soon as the whistle is blown, let loose the (wolf) dogs of war on those biased *******s from Stockley Park. I think the X group are talking about raising a flag expressing their views, and understandably don’t want to raise that before kick off in the Spurs game because of the Remembrance Day stuff.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my opinion, the way to put pressure on the ref on the pitch is to make Molineux hostile towards not only the opposition but also the officials from the off. No waiting for a bad decision. Set the stall out early.

‘**** VAR’ is too vague too. Need to do our research and start name dropping whoever’s on it that day. They need to know it ain’t gonna run anymore. If going off what Mike Dean admitted is the case across the board, then the pressure needs to be on whoever is behind the screen as well as who’s on the pitch.
The announcer needs to announce the officials and who's working VAR after they've announced the starting lineups.

Then we can boo every name read out. Do it for every game. Make the officials feel unwelcome from the very start.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s been discussed elsewhere, but it’s more the refereeing standards than VAR.

VAR can’t re-referee a decision. It might be a soft penalty, but if the ref has given it, VAR can’t change the decision.

I thought the VAR was more at fault for the Hwang one against Newcastle, but when the exact same thing happened against Sheff Utd, I’ve changed my mind. It’s the ref’s fault for both.

The VAR might not agree that it’s a penalty, but he’s not checking that, he’s checking if a clear and obvious error has been made. If there’s any contact at all, he can’t overturn it.

If the ref isn’t sure, don’t give the penalty, the VAR will correct you if it is a penalty. But once it’s given, any sort of contact will mean it stands.

The issue is how the system works. They are not using all the tools to get to the best decisions.

How many times do we need to say it, the rugby approach of, “can you have a look at that for me please, I thought it could be a penalty, but it there may have been minimal contact” would work a lot better than giving a soft penalty that’s never going to be overturned.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you want big changes in the implementation of VAR, then you’ll have to do it on a NATIONAL scale but it’ll take time and planning.

Maybe something like this….
Invite a representative fan or fans from every supporters club to a convention hall, somewhere central to make it easy for people to attend. Maybe fans throw in a couple quid for basic costs, travel, food etc. If necessary , make it an all day event and keep booze to a minimum ( hahaha….dreamer).
No discussions ….none….about how to fix/improve VAR. This convention should ONLY focus on a national protest that has some teeth.
If attendees start yapping about improving VAR, then nothing will be achieved. This should be about a nation protest …..one that has every football fan talking about……and even non fans.
Keep it legal, civil.

If necessary, share ideas and meet again after retiring home and sharing ideas with one own’s club supporters.

Think big.

any ideas?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If you want big changes in the implementation of VAR, then you’ll have to do it on a NATIONAL scale but it’ll take time and planning.

Maybe something like this….
Invite a representative fan or fans from every supporters club to a convention hall, somewhere central to make it easy for people to attend. Maybe fans throw in a couple quid for basic costs, travel, food etc. If necessary , make it an all day event and keep booze to a minimum ( hahaha….dreamer).
No discussions ….none….about how to fix/improve VAR. This convention should ONLY focus on a national protest that has some teeth.
If attendees start yapping about improving VAR, then nothing will be achieved. This should be about a nation protest …..one that has every football fan talking about……and even non fans.
Keep it legal, civil.

If necessary, share ideas and meet again after retiring home and sharing ideas with one own’s club supporters.

Think big.

any ideas?
FSA is the only organisation that's ever had even a small impact in making the voices of the people who attend games heard.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loving this
Time for action
Sick of corruption and elitism in football

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ITS CLEAR AND OBVIOUS VAR NOT WORKING would be a good banner to produce
Combine that with "All we are saying is give us a chance"
May just get on MOTD if enough do it
Perfect . Turn around on 6 minutes and start the chant all we are saying is give us a chance

Ask GON to applaud the efforts

Get right up the pgmol noses

Back
Top Bottom