Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the latest Totally Football Show podcast, Tim Spiers claims that “from what [he] is told, Wolves are not out” of the FFP front concern. There’s no way that’s still true after all the summer sales and savings on wages - is it?

Right after downplayed the penalty incident and said "Well Wolves fans loves a moan about the refs.."

Can't believe there's a fellow Wolves fan on one of my fave podcasts and he is ****ing me off everytime he opens his mouth about anything Wolves related..

By the way I presume he knows nothing in this regard. He's reporting on Spurs now and never even had any decent insight info except what the club fed him when he was a Wolves reporter.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
We have it’s locked in bods safe
Isolate Wait For It GIF by Woodblock

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s probably more of a case of Fosun wanting to recoop sone more money.

Would anyone have an issue if we sold Neto and 3 fringe players for £80m and spend £60m very wisely?

Yeh I’d have an issue….. I’d like to see our best players playing for Wolves not other teams!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Laughable Spiers knows nothing. The nunes sale has more than helped us.

Big big offer for Neto to leave 70m+ Not happening

Add into that fabio and sarabia likely to be sold for combined 25/30m and over almost 180k a week off the wage bill.

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't be out of the woods yet for FFP purposes due to the simple fact that we haven't released our losses from last season yet...... hopefully it's covered with sales from this season...but until the figures are released we won't nw....

As far as sell to buy is concerned, we still have a few avenues to use without effecting the first team... Guedes, podence, Silva......that will give us funds January and next summer....

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Isn’t FFP on a 3 year rolling scheme? So last season’s money wasting will be on the books for last season, this season and next season.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t FFP on a 3 year rolling scheme? So last season’s money wasting will be on the books for last season, this season and next season.
Yeah, if there is a problem it will be for the 3 year period behind us, though I think that will include this coming January window.

After this gone summer, going forward we should be in fairly good shape.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeh I’d have an issue….. I’d like to see our best players playing for Wolves not other teams!
Good luck with that then.

Only way that’s going to happen is if we start qualifying for the champions league and challenging for trophies.

Until then we have to be realistic and have a good scouting network to replace the players we lose with other gems who cost a fraction of the price.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s just no way we still have immediate ffp concerns. It goes against everything coming out of the club since the Nunes sale. The late transfer dash, Hobbs’ interview, O’Neil changing his tune on incomings when talking about January.
Spiers is baiting us by saying if we receive a big offer we will have to consider it. (Stating the obvious) Total non story.

So when fabio is sold or whoever else. There is no issue. Creating noise out of a positive time. Spiers the snake

Don’t forget Guedes and Podence will be offloaded at a later date to deal with FFP. This is all in hand.

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We obviously tried last summer to clear the loses in one foul swoop , so it wouldn't effect us over 3 as such.....we probably took the gamble with the promoted teams being weak....hence fosun saying we might be able to spend a bit next summer.......clear say 100m in one summer....as apposed to 3 times 35m....or 2 times 50m..

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers is baiting us by saying if we receive a big offer we will have to consider it. (Stating the obvious) Total non story.

So when fabio is sold or whoever else. There is no issue. Creating noise out of a positive time. Spiers the snake

Don’t forget Guedes and Podence will be offloaded at a later date to deal with FFP. This is all in hand.
We have to sell fabio for 15 million to break on him for ffp purposes.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to sell fabio for 15 million to break on him for ffp purposes.
Many rumours few clubs was willing to offer €20m euros but the offers never came. I’m sure we will find the right solution.

Saudi clubs step forward lol

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right but he explicitly said we aren’t out of the FFP woods just yet. That’s the point I have issue with.

I’m sure we sell Neto in the summer (and my username becomes obsolete) but we can’t still have an FFP issue with all our sales, minimal purchases and savings on wages. Also, didn’t Hobbs say we had some money for Jan if needed?

I think that our FFP situation depends on how much support Fosun are willing to put in and what our current losses are.
ISTR that a club is allowed £105M losses over 3 years if the owners are covering that, but if they are not then the allowable losses drop markedly. So, if we are not virtually breaking even or better and Fosun are not putting cash in the bank, we may still have issues.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love this to happen.

It's ridiculous how good he has been in the last 18 months, but gone up a level this season.

Needs to play on the left but would bring us Neto qualities with his dribbling/pace.
Would be a quality addition to be fair. Pricey. Bowen was worth it mind you. Look at the potential.

However QPR will be selling off Illias Chair and Chris Willock off cheap 3/4m each. Their fate to league one continues. Wouldn’t mind a gamble on one of them. Low risk

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are Villa, Bournemouth, Forest etc going to cope. Surely they'll need to make some big sales in the next 12 months to recover some costs.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan with obligation I reckon for a forward....Boulaye Dia again maybe....

Surely we must try to get Serhou Guirassey though as his release clause from Stuggart is active in January...15m......... obviously there will be other suitors.....

If ever there is a striker we need it's Guirassey..

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Neto injury should be a reminder that we definitely need another body up front in January....it can easily fall apart if we get a couple of key players injured......

Definitely need one but 2 if we move Sarabia n Silva on...

Why aye we got a January thread yet....
Some may say what's the point.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Surely we must try to get Serhou Guirassey though as his release clause from Stuggart is active in January...15m......... obviously there will be other suitors.....

Not dia according to Percy which is hardly surprising given his antics

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Guirassey is also out indefinately due to a hamstring issue

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just noticed that.....he is on fire isn't he.... mentioned him in the summer as the striker we needed ....

Yeah he has. The question is if that same form continues when he's back or gets a move to a bigger side. Or will he vanish into the ether like Piatek etc.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
So what was Spiers on about then? Is it coincidence that this article has come out following his comments yesterday

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah he has. The question is if that same form continues when he's back or gets a move to a bigger side. Or will he vanish into the ether like Piatek etc.
Release clause is active January.....he has definitely added the goals to his game this season....but remember watching him last season and thinking he is the type of physical striker we need...

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
I think that our FFP situation depends on how much support Fosun are willing to put in and what our current losses are.
ISTR that a club is allowed £105M losses over 3 years if the owners are covering that, but if they are not then the allowable losses drop markedly. So, if we are not virtually breaking even or better and Fosun are not putting cash in the bank, we may still have issues.
I believe it's £45 million without owner investment??

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what was Spiers on about then? Is it coincidence that this article has come out following his comments yesterday
One a respected journalist who rarely tweets or releases information without being certain

Another a click bait journalist who has to fill pages.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven’t heard what he said in full, but the quote here was that wolves aren’t out of the woods yet with FFP.

Percy said “Wolves remain under temporary restrictions and will not be spending big in the January transfer window”

So they don’t exactly contradict each other, it’s just Spiers slant was perhaps more negative in that we’re still under review and Percy was more about us being on track to come out of the other side okay.

Back
Top Bottom