Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another transfer window passed
No centre forward

Actually COMICAL
We do seem to be pretty hopeless on strikers and in Sasa's case outright unlucky. Its such a tough market- a club has to be laser focused on the task and not be distracted by lots of other business. Trying to fix this in the last 48 hours of a transfer window is pretty ridiculous and can only lead to over-priced panic buys or probably in our case today nothing happening at all. If we miss out on Che Adams, which seems likely now, it might be a blessing in disguise, but on loan would have been useful back up.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, given the 20m plus bid for Diarra, assume there will be cash for January. We've spent less than half of the Nunes money, even with Bellegarde.

Just need to keep our heads above water until then.

I'd love to see what Hobbs could do at a sensible,stable club.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The other issue is thats just been revealed. PSG want him gone permanently no loans
I wonder how much they want for him? They paid something like 24m euros for him around a year or so ago I believe. I think he would suit us very well and contrast nicely with what Sasa and Fabio bring. He is fast and tall and has plenty of development potential. Just the job but PSG salary madness would probably make this impossible

Last edited:

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, given the 20m plus bid for Diarra, assume there will be cash for January. We've spent less than half of the Nunes money, even with Bellegarde.

Just need to keep our heads above water until then.

I'd love to see what Hobbs could do at a sensible,stable club.
Hopefully we will in the next few years. I think, with footballing people in the right places, we can get back on track to where we were- on the brink of Europe and the top 6.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My fear is that he’ll join one soon

Give him the keys to the place, honestly. More football knowledge in his little finger than the Board
He brought in GON so if he is successful why would he not stay and if he fails why would we want him?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't we pretty much got a CF in on most Transfer Windows?

18/19 Raul (Loan)
19/20 Raul (Perm) and Cutrone
20/21 Fabio and Jose
22/23 Sasa, Cunha (Loan) and Costa
23/24 Cunha (Perm)

So barring 21/22 it's not too bad.
Your facts will bounce of their agenda like rain off an iron umbrella

T

TheConcourse

Odoi for £8m is unreal business IMV.

3 year deal is a bit iffy though, but he has a good season this year and he’s gone for an awful lot more than £8m.
Not sure tbh. I’m always wary of:

- Young players who never kicked on
- Him moving away from London and having to scrap in a crap side

It feels like a horrible fit, for a player that always got talked up, but actually hasn’t delivered anything of note.

I’ll look forward to him making me look like a dick.

Last edited by a moderator:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Latest on Ekitike according tgo Sky is that he is trying to force a move to Palace whereas PSG want him to go to Eintracht Frankfurt. If he is in Palace's reach he should be within ours....but I know its all irrelevant now.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have liked another option up front, we regularly play 2 now so have little options to change it.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Latest on Ekitike according tgo Sky is that he is trying to force a move to Palace whereas PSG want him to go to Eintracht Frankfurt. If he is in Palace's reach he should be within ours....but I know its all irrelevant now.
Who is he starting ahead of?

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call me cynical but it's quite an easy decision to make to stay and fight for your place whilst receiving a significantly higher salary than if you moved
It’s even easier to just coast along, be a disruptive **** and milk the regular pay cheque.

Back
Top Bottom