Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What players are we leaving out of the match day squad to bring in these other players? I think a midfielder is needed too.. but if we bring in even one more player, we suddenly have to leave multiple out of the matchday squads.

Let's say we get those two in...

Sa
Semedo - Dawson - Kilman - RAN
Lemina - Gomes
Sarabia - Cunha - Neto
Silva

Bentley, Sasa, OTHER F, OTHER M, Bueno, Bueno, Doherty, Toti, Doyle

We're already at 9 there without Gonzalez, Traore or Hwang (when healthy) on the bench.

I understand your logic, but think we shouldn’t forget that this summer we are selling/sold our two best midfielders for a combined 100m, and released another senior midfielder, and even if you include the January signings, only one of those brought in are mature, experienced players (Lemina). The rest are young, high potential but higher risk signings. So a new senior midfielder would still be desirable for me.

At CB, think we need to recognise Dawson is struggling to keep up, and so another senior CB would be desirable for me.

Up front, I think it depends on what we want to do with Fraser. Personally, I’d like to loan him to a decent Champ team and get him a full season there. Think that could turn him into a player ready to step up to the PL. If so, then I’d like another striker, as I think GON will want to play two up from time to time, and we will need cover.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What players are we leaving out of the match day squad to bring in these other players? I think a midfielder is needed too.. but if we bring in even one more player, we suddenly have to leave multiple out of the matchday squads.

Sa
Lemina - Gomes
Sarabia - Cunha - Neto
Silva

We're already at 9 there without Gonzalez, Traore or Hwang (when healthy) on the bench.
It would differ from game to game depending on tactics / injuries.

The squad was too bloated second half of last season but has been too thin previously. I think @wolfgar is about right numbers wise with 21 outfielders. 18 will be in the match day squad, you’ll usually have one or two injuries / knocks at any one time so you’re only really leaving one or two out each week.

On the odd occasion everyone is fit you’d leave out a CM, probably Hugo Bueno as Toti can cover CB and LB and then possibly Gonzalez as the most inexperienced forward.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Not exactly been a stellar window, and we still need at least a couple to be anywhere near competitive. When I’m feeling critical of what’s going on at the moment, it’s worth reflecting on the last pre-Fosun window when we were signing Grant Holt, Mike Williamson and Adam Le Fondre

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Lemina - Gomes
Sarabia - Cunha - Neto
Silva

Injured ones? Suspended ones? Ones not playing as well as the other ones?

We’re only four games in and have already lost Hodge and Hwang for however long?

Last edited:

Bigcheese

Reaction score
It's entirely possible that Brighton signing Fati could go tits up in a big way.
He is likely to go there thinking he's Billy big ****** on big money and upset a dressing room that from the outside looks tight nit.
I don't think that one will end well.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's entirely possible that Brighton signing Fati could go tits up in a big way.
He is likely to go there thinking he's Billy big ****** on big money and upset a dressing room that from the outside looks tight nit.
I don't think that one will end well.
Dunk will sort him out

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Injured ones? Suspended ones? Ones not playing as well as the other ones?

We’re only four games in and have already lost Hodge and Hwang for however long?
And even with that, we will still be leaving 3 out of the squad if we bring in 2 more.

Just hope we know how to keep them all happy if they're not even going to be part of the squad weekly.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure we can call it the MMSTT 800 club what a summer it’s been.

Today will be interesting

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And even with that, we will still be leaving 3 out of the squad if we bring in 2 more.

Just hope we know how to keep them all happy if they're not even going to be part of the squad weekly.
Personally I'd rather GON worry about that problem than him worry about us not having enough quality in depth when injuries and suspensions are kicking in (a couple of injuries have already come about)? We've not exactly been the most fortunate of sides in recent times?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to admit that I have no idea about any (bar Doyle) of the players we have signed (or verbally agreed to sign), or been strongly linked with. I dont know whether they add quality to the squad, ones for the future of will not want to be here! I am glad that we have some more numbers in as we were looking at having 15 year olds on the bench regularly or 2 x sub GKs again, but I will wait to see whether the scouting team have been successful and found gems that will settle in quickly and be suited to the PL.
Of the signings, I am most enthused about Doyle - Man City pedigree, England U21 Captain and a good season in the Championship, so used to the pressure, speed, physicality and intensity of English football and hopefully he can step up to the increase in all of those things in the PL, although that isnt guaranteed.....and ManCity were happy to sell him....!!!
Many people considered MGW not really good enough for the PL having only had a season in the Championship at SheffU; Scott, Hamer and Gyokeres were also equally considered to be risks but hopefully Doyle, at least, can come good and I do think that it is less of a risk to buy young talent on the way up who have good experience in the Championship rather than youngsters from S America or even Europe. Time will tell.
My glass remains half empty.....but at least it has something in it, rather than nothing!!!!!!!!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dont forget suspensions will hit hard this season, already a third more yellow cards dished out than normal ,and we as a club have a terrible record on that front

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do we think about the two French players. The bid was rejected for the one, and I have seen reports that we are close to agreeing terms with Bellegarde.

He is only 5'7" and doesn’t score many. Now I haven't watch any clips on him, but is he any good?

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do we think about the two French players. The bid was rejected for the one, and I have seen reports that we are close to agreeing terms with Bellegarde.

He is only 5'7" and doesn’t score many. Now I haven't watch any clips on him, but is he any good?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’d say Bellegarde is more likely of the two. Only has a year left on his contract and refuses to extend. With enough pressure, I think a deal could be had.

Unfortunately running out of time so hopefully there’s contingencies.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I’d say Bellegarde is more likely of the two. Only has a year left on his contract and refuses to extend. With enough pressure, I think a deal could be had.

Unfortunately running out of time so hopefully there’s contingencies.
Hoping he goes on strike for the next day and a half, that'll show em....

Reaction score
Enso González (awaiting announcement)
Santiago Bueno (awaiting announcement)
Tommy Doyle (medical due today)
Wolves are waiting for this thread to reach 732 pages then they'll announce. Have got the media team standing behind me with a camera trained on the laptop ready for that moment when we tip over from Page 731. Talks are ongoing regards a "Transfer Window Documentary". Keep Posting......

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well my guy in the pub was spot on with the Nunes deal
He also said Elvedi plus at least one more this week
No idea whats happened with Elvedi and personally not a clue :)

Reaction score
Well my guy in the pub was spot on with the Nunes deal
He also said Elvedi plus at least one more this week
No idea whats happened with Elvedi and personally not a clue :)
He'll be sitting on the car park outside Molineux tomorrow at 10:50pm in his Toyota Prius with his boots on the passenger seat

Back
Top Bottom