Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah, they're going to give us a player not one club has tried to sign on loan or permanently instead and convince us he's up to it. Had a good year stats-wise in the Championship last season but he's a way off being PL-ready, hence why they're happy to throw him in. They want £35m for Palmer which is too much but shows they actually value him.

One for the future perhaps but given our state we need players that are ready to replace Nunes now.
Are you talking about Doyle? Cause Sheffield definitely wanted to keep him..

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Mendes (and Guo by extension) will benefit from a higher fee (at Wolves' expense). Add in that they'll probably get double bubble for mediating if a player comes the other way too.

I find it funny that the club have briefed the press that he didn't turn up for training on Sunday (a rest day!), suddenly the focus of our fans' fury has shifted from Fosun to Nunes.

Yeah, funny that…

“Look Matheus, you’re going to get your move to City this summer, but before you go, we just need to throw you under a bus to take the heat off us when we fail to spend your fee on incomings. Yeah, don’t worry, you can still do the emotional farewell video on the pitch after you’ve gone, just give it a few weeks for fans to forget about the summer window…”

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone else think it's possible Jeff told Nunes we'd accepted an offer and sent Nunes off to City

Then denied it, called him out for going without permission and then fined him just to claw back 100k for Fosun

He'll be in Guo's goodbooks for sure!!
No.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly not a “firesale” if we’re showing a bit of backbone on a sale
It was never a firesale. The only two players we really wanted to keep were Neves (who was never staying) and Adama (who proved he didn't want to stay at Wolves for the last few years by not signing).

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Mendes (and Guo by extension) will benefit from a higher fee (at Wolves' expense). Add in that they'll probably get double bubble for mediating if a player comes the other way too.

I find it funny that the club have briefed the press that he didn't turn up for training on Sunday (a rest day!), suddenly the focus of our fans' fury has shifted from Fosun to Nunes.
Almost as if Jeff Shi has just found the “Moxey Manual of Fan Manipulation” book lost down the side of a sofa.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is, he’ll look great for City and all we’ll be hearing is “£60m what a bargain”.

For us though, he’s been largely bang average (in his defence he’s been surrounded by mediocrity), but if you take Neves as a comparison who looked world class more often than not, it goes to show how poor Nunes’ attitude has been.

Right from that first interview where he said something like “this seemed like a good step for now” he’s never really looked like he loves it here, and the fans haven’t exactly taken to him.

Think we’ve got to take the money and run at this stage. If we can get a CB and a ST, good ones, on the back of this I’ll be happy.

It is a sad reflection of how ****ed the PL is though, that we, a club that has just received £97m in player sales can’t spend any money, City suffer an injury and just go and offer £100m for Paqueta and then £60m for Nunes, and it’s all fine. Don’t begrudge the City fans, but what City are doing is going to kill the PL. Although, maybe that’s a good thing.

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

He's such a tit. Got 4 (potentially 5) years left on his contract, and after a mediocre year he's refusing to train to try and force the club's hand to accept a low-ball offer because that bidding club/his agent is in his ear telling him to behave that way. He's not even considered the fact that City clearly don't value him high enough to meet our valuation of him.

He looks like a right idiot. City also look horribly snakey. **** him.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's such a tit. Got 4 (potentially 5) years left on his contract, and after a mediocre year he's refusing to train to try and force the club's hand to accept a low-ball offer because that bidding club/his agent is in his ear telling him to behave that way. He's not even considered the fact that City clearly don't value him high enough to meet our valuation of him.

He looks like a right idiot. City also look horribly snakey. **** him.

What’s worse is the comment that he was told that going on strike would help to get the deal done. Assuming that’s Mendes, he can **** off and shove his business where the sun doesn’t shine.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand why if City doesn't like our valuation, they don't just add Doyle. He's never going to make their roster and it makes the money very close.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He really doesn't want to be here, and who can blame him? There's nothing about Wolves that makes us vaguely attractive to players any more - no hard feelings from me towards Nunes - he may not have shown his best in Wolves colours but he's still better than this **** show

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He really doesn't want to be here, and who can blame him? There's nothing about Wolves that makes us vaguely attractive to players any more - no hard feelings from me towards Nunes - he may not have shown his best in Wolves colours but he's still better than this **** show
I understand your point, however I have a big problem with players/player power and how they now seem to think they can act their way out of a contract. Gnonto has done it with Leeds. YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT SO HONOUR THE CONTRACT!!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand why if City doesn't like our valuation, they don't just add Doyle. He's never going to make their roster and it makes the money very close.

Because in effect, that’s City accepting our £60m valuation. They are not short of cash, so are largely indifferent between offering us cash or cash plus players. Equally, that offer only works for us if we want Doyle and agree with City’s valuation. For us, cash is likely more attractive unless we really want or need Doyle.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand your point, however I have a big problem with players/player power and how they now seem to think they can act their way out of a contract. Gnonto has done it with Leeds. YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT SO HONOUR THE CONTRACT!!
At the same time, the club will have almost certainly sold Nunes the dream when he agreed that contact with us. For me, if you're telling players/managers one thing and then not just not fulfilling it, but doing something completely different then don't be surprised if they try and force a move away, especially in the face of interest at a far, far greater prospect than we will ever be now.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. About time Mutchy. Doesn't behaviour like this warrant a ban? I for one am sick of posters acting like this.
All of us have said stuff we regret when emotions are high. Very few of us would be left if we were banned every time we slipped up. I also apologized for going overboard with my emotions a few pages later into the thread. I was mad at his actions. I should have targeted my thoughts towards his actions, not him.

You don't have to go far into your post history to see you insulting a fellow Mixer. We all make mistakes. We are all here because we love Wolves dearly and that can cause our emotions to run high. Sometimes against the club or sometimes against our fellow posters.

Thankfully, we have a good mod team who understands this and gives us warnings if we've crossed the line, like I did earlier.

Monswolf

Reaction score
All of us have said stuff we regret when emotions are high. Very few of us would be left if we were banned every time we slipped up. I also apologized for going overboard with my emotions a few pages later into the thread. I was mad at his actions. I should have targeted my thoughts towards his actions, not him.

You don't have to go far into your post history to see you insulting a fellow Mixer. We all make mistakes. We are all here because we love Wolves dearly and that can cause our emotions to run high. Sometimes against the club or sometimes against our fellow posters.

Thankfully, we have a good mod team who understands this and gives us warnings if we've crossed the line, like I did earlier.
No warning for me when I reacted to one of your posts straight out ban

Now don’t get me wrong I regret what I posted but as you said sometimes things are posted in the heat of it. Still not change the fact no warning no discussion with mods no chance to apologise just straight out weeks ban

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No warning for me when I reacted to one of your posts straight out ban

Now don’t get me wrong I regret what I posted but as you said sometimes things are posted in the heat of it. Still not change the fact no warning no discussion with mods no chance to apologise just straight out weeks ban
Sorry to hear. Emotions really do suck sometimes, don't they? Haha.

Regardless what people feel of me here... even the ones I disagree with daily (plus what fun would it be if we always agreed with one another?)... I love everyone here. Without this place, I would have no one talk about Wolves with. I'd have almost no one to talk about the sport I love with. I definitely need to think before I hit "post" going forward because I really do cherish this place.

Happy to support this badge with you my friend!

Stingray II

Reaction score
Just for once, i hope we stand our ground.
Me too. I hate it when bullies win. It's unforgivable to go on strike to get his move at a lower fee for us. There's zero decency in that man. Add a $10m strike tax to the price. Take it or leave it, City. If you're still here next week, Nunes, beg for your place back or disappear from tv screens until your contract runs out.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In defence of Nunes (who was only ever just passing through) no doubt there are quite a few players that would rather be somewhere else, and why would this be, our owners appear to promise much but unfortunately not the ability to deliver.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The strangest thing that I've picked up from the 'Nunes refuses to train' articles is that Wolves 'train'. Unbelievable, based on the last few seasons, unless training is taken by Farmer Giles who has taught them to run around like headless chickens.
Seriously, though, another issue at Wolves that drags our name through the mud and makes us look tin-pot. Please go, Fosun, you've done enough damage!

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The strangest thing that I've picked up from the 'Nunes refuses to train' articles is that Wolves 'train'. Unbelievable, based on the last few seasons, unless training is taken by Farmer Giles who has taught them to run around like headless chickens.
Seriously, though, another issue at Wolves that drags our name through the mud and makes us look tin-pot. Please go, Fosun, you've done enough damage!

It’s Fosun’s fault that a player has threw his dummy out the pram and refused to train?

Incredible mental gymnastics.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, funny that…

“Look Matheus, you’re going to get your move to City this summer, but before you go, we just need to throw you under a bus to take the heat off us when we fail to spend your fee on incomings. Yeah, don’t worry, you can still do the emotional farewell video on the pitch after you’ve gone, just give it a few weeks for fans to forget about the summer window…”
Vivid imagination.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good fan fiction, but hardly credible.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Levy did similar to Kane….

Accepted offers, told kane about the move then demanded tens of million more later down the road on a few occasions.

It is why Kane’s team let it into the press his wife was looking at homes and schools in Munich this summer.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was never a firesale. The only two players we really wanted to keep were Neves (who was never staying) and Adama (who proved he didn't want to stay at Wolves for the last few years by not signing).
When was the last time Wolves made an offer to Traore?……years ago and I would bet my last dollar that that offer was withdrawn several years ago.
I feel that he did want to stay at Wolves.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last time Wolves made an offer to Traore?……years ago and I would bet my last dollar that that offer was withdrawn several years ago.
Do you know anything about our club?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He forced a loan with bad financial return for wolves to Barca.

Offers were made after he returned from Spain.

These offers were all for more money than he took from fulham…

So he clearly didn’t want to stay.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. It wouldn’t surprise if all the players wanted to leave if offered a better alternative.
Several years ago Wolves looked like a very attractive place to join……not anymore.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I got banned, just returned to the mix. I thought it was very harsh. I was quite stunned tbh.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He forced a loan with bad financial return for wolves to Barca.

Offers were made after he returned from Spain.

These offers were all for more money than he took from fulham…

So he clearly didn’t want to stay.
“Forced a loan?” Really?
While he was Barca, who paid his wages? Barca…….Wasn’t that a saving to Wolves?

If he had serious better paying offers after his return from Barca, then why didn’t he accept them?

How much is he getting from Fulham?

Back
Top Bottom