Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like many other players, Nunes sees Wolves as a way into the prem and onto a decent club. Jota is a great example; he was an okay player at Wolves and very good at Liverpool.
So-called financial fair play is quite the opposite. It is time to break the power of the top 6 or 8 teams and level up the division. Other elite leagues worldwide do this with reverse drafts and spending caps decreasing from the lowest upwards, for example.
Do you not think that is how Wolves were sold to Nunes?
Disagree re Jota as for me it was his form in the second half of the first season back in the Premier that secured us European football and while plenty said Neto and Traore would easily step up and score more than him when he left that was misguided to say the least.
I do agree though that FFP is keeping power in the hands of the bigger clubs and ironically Chelsea and City who only got there by spending vast unrestricted sums of money to make the Premier Sinister Six.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'forced to stay'...?? So what is the point of a 4 year contract? It guarantees him his job and wages. He didn't HAVE to sign it. He wanted the security of a 4 year contract ... and so did the club. Takes two to tango.

Whoever has advised him to do this is a numpty. Unless it is Citeh themselves who have suggested it, I cannot see Pep being anything other than hugely underwhelmed by a player showing this degree of commitment to his club and his team-mates.

Wouldn't surprise me if Citeh withdraw the offer and walk away.
Yes in this respect it is an unfair contract. We are committed to a 4 year contract and if we decided we did not want him could only let him go if we paid him off unless we could sell him. So barring any breach of contract on his part he is gauaranteed that as a minimum.
On the other hand if he decides to force a move during the time he is here clubs often cave in for fear of upsetting the mood of the club. Also we could not pay him any less if his performance was not up to standard.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
If City haven’t made a second bid why is nunes reacting like this? Surely he was told we wouldn’t accept the first bid it was way too low.

Millsywolf22

Groupie
Reaction score
I thought GON said 'he,nunes' knows how this works if they come in with a big offer he can go...he said he was a true professional lol what a joke !! No way he leaves for this much....but then we have a temprmental little bas***d on the books, another who will be travelling Ning with the kids before long !!
It couldn't get much worse

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nunes hasn't had the impact yet to demand a fee in the £80m+ bracket imo. Maybe if we took a gamble and held on for another 12 months he might, but we have to accept he had a mid-year at best last season, even if he improved near the end of it. A big part of that is how much the team in general struggled but when you compare him to Eze / Caicedo etc they were on another level performance wise.

Neves was the player we really should have got that £80m bid for but, for whatever reason, while teams like Man Utd / Barca flirted with the idea for years, nothing ever happened.
Strange one with Neves, I certainly don’t think Declan Rice is worth double Neves value but that’s what just happened.
It doesn’t surprise me Nunes not turning up for training, trying to force a move. Kind of reaffirms my view he’s not the type of player we need in what is likely to be a battle in the lower half of the division. Would love us for once to spend the fee wisely and reflect that we’re better off without him.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you're employer moves the goal posts, do you continue to go in?

Are you against striking?
Does your employer continue to pay you £100k a week for four years if you get injured and also provide the best medical treatment? It seems to me that contracts only benefit players in so much that they get paid if they are injured or playing crap or can't be ***** to play (as a few have done) but as soon as they get a better offer, they are suddenly meaningless.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Quite weird that a Gestifute client is basically on stike at Wolves, a club whose owners have a stake in Gestifute. Podence also sulking, you can only think we are not 'in step' with Mendes at the moment.

Exactly what I said earlier. The Nunes deal will get done but the wider implications, following the Lopetegui saga, are what are worrying me the most.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was clearly a joke. But still, screw him.
Just like the Julen situation there are two sides to every situation and while you seem happy to accept the club’s version of everything I would suggest that reality is a little more balanced.
Who knows what was promised to Nunes when he signed or is an offer came in from City or Liverpool?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have to leave anyone alone. If you don't like what I have to say, there's an ignore feature and I wouldn't be upset if you use it.

I dislike people who lack integrity and treat this club like garbage.

I would have zero issues if he was pushing for the move but continued to act like a part of Wolves. He's the one who signed his name to contract.
You still need to mind how you post about people please.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Haven't read all through this thread but do we know officially he hasn't turned up to training?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does your employer continue to pay you £100k a week for four years if you get injured and also provide the best medical treatment? It seems to me that contracts only benefit players in so much that they get paid if they are injured or playing crap or can't be ***** to play (as a few have done) but as soon as they get a better offer, they are suddenly meaningless.
In my case yes in fact they probably would have been happy to pay me double to not come in. :D

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite weird that a Gestifute client is basically on stike at Wolves, a club whose owners have a stake in Gestifute. Podence also sulking, you can only think we are not 'in step' with Mendes at the moment.
Exactly.
But Shi or whoever in China should be on the phone to Mendes to “have a word”.
We have benefitted from Mendes link but we have also been screwed over, and its time to benefit again.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly what I said earlier. The Nunes deal will get done but the wider implications, following the Lopetegui saga, are what are worrying me the most.
The talk of moving to a more British model does indicate the move away from Mendes.

I know a few might rejoice at that, but not being friendly with the most powerful agent in the world is not an ideal move.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hadn’t realised when posting that he’s refused to train. Not good at all from Nunes.

City fans are having mixed views on his strike action with one commenting:

“don't like to see players do this either but it should be noted he never wanted to go to Wolves. This was a Mendes driven move and now that the opportunity has arrived for him to join a top club like he wanted he is desperate to leave Wolves and not waste another year of his development there.”

Sums up my views. Which irks as I really want to see players like Nunes thrive at Wolves. But sadly we aren’t very good a bringing out the best in players. We never seem to get a style of play and we are way too negative. We can’t score goals and are so inconsistent.
He has been part of the not scoring goals though. Contribution of one goal in all of last season. I think most are ok with him going, but only for the right fee. Little old wolves are not here just to be trampled on by the likes of man city. Get to what the club value him at, at 60m plus and thry have a deal, otherwise they can just **** off.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His actions are not what you would expect from an adult, I'm sure he would get his move without such a childish attitude as the clubs come to an agreeable transfer fee. The interesting thing as a wolves supporter is whether fosun are prepared to invest a suitable amount from the fee to improve our 1st team setup.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Makes sense he wants to force it through. He's not that young now really - he turned 25 yesterday. He won't want to waste another year here with Pep and City interested.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes isn't in step with the world at the moment. He is starting to become yesterday's man.
Wasting time trying to force players onto Barcelona that they either can't afford or don't want or both.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Seem to remember Mahrez went 'on strike' at Leicester to try and force a move to Man City. Seems to be a bit of a trend.

That "strike" didn't seem to bother Pep that much either. The notion that City will back out of a deal because Nunes isn't practicing is wishful thinking from fans that there's a moral component to how transfers get done. Nunes' "strike" and the subsequent media attention puts more pressure on Wolves to sell and it gives City a better chance at a favorable deal.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just like the Julen situation there are two sides to every situation and while you seem happy to accept the club’s version of everything I would suggest that reality is a little more balanced.
Who knows what was promised to Nunes when he signed or is an offer came in from City or Liverpool?
He signed a contract and as such should honour it.

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The talk of moving to a more British model does indicate the move away from Mendes.

I know a few might rejoice at that, but not being friendly with the most powerful agent in the world is not an ideal move.
Very simple really until fosun sells it stake in Gestifutute Mendes is involved

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure they said "sign with us, sign for 5 years, and if a bigger team comes for no real profit, we will sell you anyway!"

I'm not accepting anything other than that it's a scummy move to stop training. He's hurting his teammates.. and that's garbage. End of story.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exact parallel with Gnonto at Leeds
And we can learn a lot from how Daniel Farke handled that
Told Gnonto he wasn't going anywhere unless Leeds' valuation was met
Sent to train with the 21s
Valuation not met.
Gnonto backs down. Apologises. Re-integrated. Stuffs it in the onion bag at Ipswich
Very true ...Nunes is probably v good at sulking though

Back
Top Bottom