Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The absolute worst thing that can happen to any Fosun plan involving us must still be us getting relegated.
They are really toying with fire here..Guo and Jeff.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
all these man city players being mentioned...doyle/mcatee/palmer

can anyone tell me anything about them having watched them ? are they as good as people making out ? or more "ones for the future"

not seen any of them play i dont think
I rate them quite highly. Especially McAtee and Palmer. Especially impressed with McAtee at Sheffield last season..
Both of them would need to step up of course.
Palmer seems very talented but having played a lot less senior games than Doyle and McAtee I've not watched him as much and I'd say that him having played as little as he has at this level or close to it, makes it a bit of a gamble.
In regards to what type of players we need, I'd definitely prefer Palmer or McAtee.

For all of them though I'd definitely only take them with option to buy, because they need to develop a bit.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
NOT a bloody Mendes player. We simply have to learn to stand on our own two feet. Have a proper recruitment plan. It's an absolute no from me to any more dealings with that parasite.
Man City should just give Mendes the transfer fee just to save time. :mad:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I rate them quite highly. Especially McAtee and Palmer. Especially impressed with McAtee at Sheffield last season..
Palmer seems very talented but having played a lot less senior games than Doyle and McAtee I've not watched him as much and I'd say that him having played as little as he has at this level or close to it, makes it a bit of a gamble.
In regards to what type of players we need, I'd definitely prefer Palmer or McAtee.

For all of them though I'd definitely only take them with option to buy, because they need to develop a bit.
I would also guess they would feel more attachment to the club.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
all these man city players being mentioned...doyle/mcatee/palmer

can anyone tell me anything about them having watched them ? are they as good as people making out ? or more "ones for the future"

not seen any of them play i dont think
I like McAtee the most. Knows where the goal is, has great technique, strong on progressive carries, intelligent and versatile. He has been working on his upper body strength over the summer, and after struggling initially on loan last season, he came into his own for Sheffield United after Christmas in particular.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON:

" I don’t think people leaving is the only way of people arriving," he said. "There are things going on and we’re hoping to add and make things a little bit stronger over the next week or so."

"Or so?" Anyone told him when transfer deadline is...

And yes of course you can bring players in without others leaving.

But I'd be surprised if funds were available. Otherwise Lopetegui would still be the manager.

But maybe he talks about loans and frees?

casbul

Reaction score
How committed is someone who's supped at the top table & think they've made it at a top six club, going to be when they find they're a makeweight in a deal that sees them end up at Wolves (however lucky we feel they may be)? eg Darren Potter, Darren Ferguson, Darron Gibson etc.

Can't speak for Doyle or McAtee, but reports in the last week that Palmer is ready to leave if he won't get game time. Article below says if they sign a new forward - which between then and now they have in Doku. So he might actually be up for the move.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mendes promising us a replacement. :( Just give us the ****ing money.

"It's understood that Pedro Sulkinho will be dragged kicking and screaming onto a flight to Birmingham Airport. Rumours indicate that he'll refuse all in-flight refreshments and won't speak to anyone while en route to Compton via Wednesfield Taxis.

Sources close to the club's hierarchy state the top brass are concerned Sulkinho will injure himself in training tripping over his bottom lip but are unable to act due to Mendes having pulled their pants down once again."

Madmalc

Reaction score
GON:

" I don’t think people leaving is the only way of people arriving," he said. "There are things going on and we’re hoping to add and make things a little bit stronger over the next week or so."

"Or so?" Anyone told him when transfer deadline is...

And yes of course you can bring players in without others leaving.

But I'd be surprised if funds were available. Otherwise Lopetegui would still be the manager.

But maybe he talks about loans and frees?
I'm not sure if the transfer window shuts for out of contract Free to sign players..

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

ok thanks for the info

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I like McAtee the most. Knows where the goal is, has great technique, strong on progressive carries, intelligent and versatile. He has been working on his upper body strength over the summer, and after struggling initially on loan last season, he came into his own for Sheffield United after Christmas in particular.
thanks for info, sounds an ideal replacement

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he in the mould of Foden?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless he just simply didn’t want to be here. The club said any business would likely be late in the window, Lopetegui pushed out info via Balague that we couldn’t even sign frees then if we do spend money that would be quite telling.

Obviously some will say we should have spent it earlier and given it to a better level of coach but I wonder if it would change anyone’s opinion on Lopetegui leaving if we do suddenly spend a chunk of money at the end of the window as they’d outlined originally.

There’s also every chance we do nothing at all in the final week, or that we spend money but having sold Nunes which muddies the waters too.

No matter what happens in the final week no one, the club, the owners, Lopetegui, Jeff Shi, come out of this well. Everyone will lay the blame more so at one parties feet than another but ultimately they’re all somewhat culpable for the mess this summer has been.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless he just simply didn’t want to be here. The club said any business would likely be late in the window, Lopetegui pushed out info via Balague that we couldn’t even sign frees then if we do spend money that would be quite telling.

Obviously some will say we should have spent it earlier and given it to a better level of coach but I wonder if it would change anyone’s opinion on Lopetegui leaving if we do suddenly spend a chunk of money at the end of the window as they’d outlined originally.

There’s also every chance we do nothing at all in the final week, or that we spend money but having sold Nunes which muddies the waters too.

No matter what happens in the final week no one, the club, the owners, Lopetegui, Jeff Shi, come out of this well. Everyone will lay the blame more so at one parties feet than another but ultimately they’re all somewhat culpable for the mess this summer has been.
Fosun has moved the goalsposts before, so if we suddenly spend money now, it doesnt mean Lopetegui was wrong. Could as well have been them changing their mind again..
Having said that, I firmly expect us to only spend a large chunk of money if Nunes is sold, and even them I doubt it.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON on sky saying we are working on signings, even if noone leaves...within out budget..whatever that is(he didnt say this last bit !)
perhaps he will follow Lop's lead and do what some on here consider to be the honourable thing and walk at midnight on 31st if nothing happens? :tearsofjoy:

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun has moved the goalsposts before, so if we suddenly spend money now, it doesnt mean Lopetegui was wrong. Could as well have been them changing their mind again..
Having said that, I firmly expect us to only spend a large chunk of money if Nunes is sold, and even them I doubt it.
Yeah that’s an absolutely fair view, no matter what happens it won’t definitively tell us the complete truth, which is sort of my point. There’s been a lot of reputational damage on all sides after this summer.

The club have taken the biggest hit and rightly so, I just wonder how much blame Lopetegui should shoulder. I don’t think it should be all of it no matter what happens in the final week, nor should it be zero in my view either.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watc
Yeah that’s an absolutely fair view, no matter what happens it won’t definitively tell us the complete truth, which is sort of my point. There’s been a lot of reputational damage on all sides after this summer.

The club have taken the biggest hit and rightly so, I just wonder how much blame Lopetegui should shoulder. I don’t think it should be all of it no matter what happens in the final week, nor should it be zero in my view either.
Wasn't it the club that chased JL?
If he's such a nightmare as @Stourport wolf has told us on such boring repeat, then due diligence by the club should have ruled him out,so whichever way you wish to slice it, down to the Muppets running the club.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely charlatans of ownership.

Still though, people will go week in week out, nothing will happen.
Of course we'll go. What's the point of a unilateral protest? Unless there's something organised to join in with there's no point at all.

If we get a fee of >70m for Nunes, with a decent sell on agreed, or some very canny combination of a Cole level player and decent money, and then reinvest all the money wisely, then this isn't the disaster I'm worried it could be. If we don't, then I agree, they're charlatans.

Back
Top Bottom