Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't know who this is, but a few people are posting it elsewhere. Essentially we should be able to do around a £100mill in purchases currently- previous purchases and ffp aren't holding us back. The only thing holding us back is Fosun.
Could be.
The same Fosun that had seventh highest net spend in Europe over the past five years.
Austerity is precisely that.
Too many people bleat about interest rises, because they are accustomed to what they pay. Not interested in the fact that interest rates go up and down over time.
I’m as frustrated as everyone else.
But we don’t have a Golden Tit. Nor should we.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One big mistake we have made in our past big money signings which like likes of Brighton get right is character , Guedes Nunes etc I have never felt they wanted to be at Wolves in the first place, if we spend what is coming in let’s get it right in that department.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't know who this is, but a few people are posting it elsewhere. Essentially we should be able to do around a £100mill in purchases currently- previous purchases and ffp aren't holding us back. The only thing holding us back is Fosun.
As @SingYourHeartsOut says, if Fosun have not injected cash in one or more of the past three seasons, then the loss limit could be much lower, potentially as low as £15m. This could well be how Jeff might use technically correct statements like, "We have FFP issues," to obscure the truth of the matter. Straight out of journo school.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be.
The same Fosun that had seventh highest net spend in Europe over the past five years.
Too many people bleat about interest rises, because they are accustomed to what they pay. Not interested in the fact that interest rates go up and down over time.
Then don't own a football club. It's all rather simple.

D

Deleted member (smith)

As @SingYourHeartsOut says, if Fosun have not injected cash in one or more of the past three seasons, then the loss limit could be much lower, potentially as low as £15m. This could well be how Jeff might use technically correct statements like, "We have FFP issues," to obscure the truth of the matter. Straight out of journo school.
We have been over this ground already ….loss 2022 was 46 million estimates of 23 loss after significant january expenditure 80 million. You can assume Fosun have already put in over 105 million to cover these. Conclusion is 2024 must be a profit and no funds from Fosun….this may be speculative but so is everything else and I have seen nothing definitive….who could be definitive about future results …financial and premier league.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes promising us a replacement. :( Just give us the ****ing money.
Imagine if our transfer business this summer is Doc whom Hobbs ran into when playing golf and another overpriced Mendes client..
So much for forward planning and having a proper DOF in charge..
(And no this isn't aimed at Hobbs)

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
GON on sky saying we are working on signings, even if noone leaves...within out budget..whatever that is(he didnt say this last bit !)

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been over this ground already ….loss 2022 was 46 million estimates of 23 loss after significant january expenditure 80 million. You can assume Fosun have already put in over 105 million to cover these. Conclusion is 2024 must be a profit and no funds from Fosun….this may be speculative but so is everything else and I have seen nothing definitive….who could be definitive about future results …financial and premier league.
Not all business losses count toward FFP calculations, such as infrastructure. In 2021/22, clubs are allowed to claim back Covid-related losses, as Everton are trying to do massively. It's safe to assume the £46m loss figure is not accurate for FFP purposes. The buying of players is calculated differently for FFP as well (amortisation), rather than a straight up figure that you would see on a balance sheet.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One big mistake we have made in our past big money signings which like likes of Brighton get right is character , Guedes Nunes etc I have never felt they wanted to be at Wolves in the first place, if we spend what is coming in let’s get it right in that department.
Depends what you mean by "character"........Coady for example ?

We're merely a stepping stone to a brighter future (CL and winning trophies), and most will come to our club with a view to getting noticed in the top flight and the chance of a dream move.
That appears to be the case with Nunes and the same will happen with Gomes, Lemina etc. imo.

Neves is the closest we've come to loyalty in the last few seasons, but he's the exception to the rule and even he's flown the nest for a better world.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Palmer comes in, I’d expect Fabio to go too

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel like it will be someone like Ivan Jaime, linked previously. However he's not had a preseason. Desperate to leave Famalicao
Why would man city end mention a replacement if it wasn't a player directly involved in the deal......I mentioned cole Palmer cause he was involved in a similar deal to west ham in the paquetta deal...but could also be Mcatee I reckon....it will definitely be someone from city....

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not all business losses count toward FFP calculations, such as infrastructure. In 2021/22, clubs are allowed to claim back Covid-related losses, as Everton are trying to do massively. It's safe to assume the £46m loss figure is not accurate for FFP purposes. The buying of players is calculated differently for FFP as well (amortisation), rather than a straight up figure that you would see on a balance sheet.
So, FFP doesn't include all the money spent on stadium redevelopment. That's a relief.

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
When why man city end mention a replacement if it wasn't a player directly involved in the deal......I mentioned cole Palmer cause he was involved in a similar deal to west ham in the paquetta deal...but could also be Mcatee I reckon....it will definitely be someone from city....
The only reason I think the replacement won't be a City player is because Mendes will want it to be one of his clients. Gets him extra money.
I'd definitely take Palmer or McAtee but only if there was some sort of option to buy. I don't want to lose a player and just develop one of theirs for them too.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
all these man city players being mentioned...doyle/mcatee/palmer

can anyone tell me anything about them having watched them ? are they as good as people making out ? or more "ones for the future"

not seen any of them play i dont think

Madmalc

Reaction score
If Nunes goes for a profit it could resurrect Mendes as a favoured provider.
Does anyone know who is on his books we'd be interested in?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only reason I think the replacement won't be a City player is because Mendes will want it to be one of his clients. Gets him extra money.
I'd definitely take Palmer or McAtee but only if there was some sort of option to buy. I don't want to lose a player and just develop one of theirs for them too.
We would have to spend as such to get a mendes player.....wrap one of the city kids up on loan option as part of the deal it's free as such....till a later date .. that would fit in with the summer plans so far.

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
We would have to spend as such to get a mendes player.....wrap one of the city kids up on loan option as part of the deal it's free as such....till a later date .. that would fit in with the summer plans so far.
Ivan Jaime would cost around €10m. For that price, he's certainly a player I'd be targeting.

However I think you're right. €10m euros is about €10m too much for us at the moment.
Interesting few days ahead though

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Could be.
That's a fair comment, but why should we be selling ? Collins for example. Barely made a profit on him, why sell?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NOT a bloody Mendes player. We simply have to learn to stand on our own two feet. Have a proper recruitment plan. It's an absolute no from me to any more dealings with that parasite.
I'm afraid Wolves are too imbedded with this bloke, in the end we'll end up with some massively overhyped cast off.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How committed is someone who's supped at the top table & think they've made it at a top six club, going to be when they find they're a makeweight in a deal that sees them end up at Wolves (however lucky we feel they may be)? eg Darren Potter, Darren Ferguson, Darron Gibson etc.

Back
Top Bottom