Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary O’Neil - Poll

Do you want Gary O’Neil as our next Head Coach?

• Total voters

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New lyrics required for the "Jeff Shi" song...........

HessonWolf

Reaction score
29% win ratio.
37 games in charge = 39 points.

Why would you appoint this guy as the manager of a Premier League club?
If he has been at your club, your manager leaves and you place him in charge as stop gap fair enough.
To come from the outside, smacks of cheap, no forward planning, just hoping for the best yes man.
No thanks Fosun, i gave up my season ticket end of last year after many years. Something felt off with them since the Sellars stuff.
Will i miss it? Probably.
Do u feel i have made the right choice? 100% yes.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
There is absolutely no way he will still be here at Christmas.

I’m tempted to lump on him being the next manager to be sacked as soon as he is appointed. That’s how confident I am that this will be a complete disaster.

I could even begin to get on board with FOSUN’s approach to spending and holding their ground with Lopetugui, but not if the master plan was to appoint O’Neil off the back of it.

Unspeakably angry.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was 3 hours because they had to start with the basics to get Jeff Shi up to speed.

"This is a football, you get the players to kick it"

"This is a goal, that's where you want the players to kick the ball"

And so on and so forth

Why did I picture Gary O’Neil frantically taking notes as Hobbs explained what football was to Shi

Sedgleywolf

Groupie
Reaction score
O’Niel would not be my 1st choice but if appointed we have got to get behind him.He will have better players at wolves than what he did at Bournemouth so he might adapt a different style of play with us .

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary O’Neil arrives with new signings Che Adam’s and Cresswell.. I can see it now.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've given up, gone from Lopetegui to Gary O'Neil. Im waiting for Jeremy Beadle to pop out and hit me on the head
On the one hand it's a small time appointment, on the other hand..... it's ****ing massive!!! ;)

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I actually feel sorry for O'Neil. Do badly and we sack him. Do well and we sack him next summer.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary had a dream
To coach a football team
With fed up owners and a group of unhappy fans
FFP in hand
Liquidator banned
We're Wolverhampton
The football is bland

Because it was free flowing and enchanting stuff under Lopetegui wasn't it.

O'Neill kept a team up comfortably which every single football fan in the country said were relegation certainties. Would he have done that by trying to outplay the likes of Liverpool and Spurs who they beat? The whole thing is a circus, but he's not the villain here, and deserves a chance. He's got something to prove, that may just work in our favor.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He kept a championship club with championship players in the premier league. 15th after that amount of games isn't a full season, its ridiculous to make that comparison.
And to say that he did worse tactically than lopetegui after the lottery ball picks and that absolute ****show of a selection against brighton is just *******s.
You almost make it sound like O'Neill didn't have a net spend of £70m en route.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O’Niel would not be my 1st choice but if appointed we have got to get behind him.He will have better players at wolves than what he did at Bournemouth so he might adapt a different style of play with us .

How did that work out for Nuno at Spurs?

I’m clutching at straws here but has a manager who was sacked by a small club after such a short spell in charge ever gone on to do well at a bigger club with better players?

Andi130

Reaction score
Why must we get behind him? What's he done to deserve that sense of reward/loyalty? Why must we continue to put up with the absolute shower going on behind the scenes? Support the players, yes. Endorse a poor managerial appointment, and the people who made the decision!? We've done that previously and look at where we continue to end up. This carp can't carry on, and we can't persist with false loyalties, hope and blind faith. We're not a tin pot club, but we're being made to resemble one.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

O'Neill kept a team up comfortably which every single football fan in the country said were relegation certainties. Would he have done that by trying to outplay the likes of Liverpool and Spurs who they beat? The whole thing is a circus, but he's not the villain here, and deserves a chance. He's got something to prove, that may just work in our favor.

I was there on Saturday, and yes it was. Free flowing and enchanting I mean.

Have you seen the stats for Bournemouth under O’Neil? Have you listened to their fans comments? **** me, how is that supposed to be inspiring? This is an absolute disaster, a sodding disgrace, and its architect is Jeff Shi, who gave himself a massive pay rise. What a load of crap.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You weren’t at Molineux on saturday then?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am praying that the Club have 2nd thoughts after the backlash on here against appointing GON
I admire your optimism mate, but they couldn't give a flying **** what us mere mortals think!

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the bright side, expectations couldn't be lower so we have more chance of being pleasantly surprised.

colincameron

Reaction score
O'Neil has got Yes man written all over him.

This has all been a very long time coming, but Jeff has finally managed to back us into a very dire corner. I'm convinced he completely fluked things with Nuno, because pretty much everything before and after him has been pretty dismal.
Ah Nuno. The best thing to happen to this club in a generation. Nothing's felt the same since and we all know it.

Andi130

Reaction score
Hey Pep Guardiola started out somewhere didn't he
Pep won practiaclly every accolade as a player. Played under a host of world class managers. Had the brain to go with the schooling he recieved.

Gary O'Neill played football to a decent level and was managed by Woodgate, Alex Neil, Pullis, Southgate and 'Arry R.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You think Lage would have kept Bournemouth up last season?
As has been stated many many many many times today, it was a total statistical anomaly that Bournemouth stayed up, to the point it defied all logic.

By every measurable stat they should have gone down, hence why he was sacked. By Bournemouth.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame. My journey was quite a bit longer. I was there.

I'm going through the break up of a 10 year relationship and in the every day process of finding a place to stay/afford in order to remain near my young Daughter up here, but well done to you.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, I didn't travel a 6 hour round trip for a pre season friendly I'm afraid. But I was there for games last season where it was generally pretty crap.
Well it was the best I’ve seen us play in a very long time
I'm going through the break up of a 10 year relationship and in the every day process of finding a place to stay/afford in order to remain near my young Daughter up here, but well done to you.
Genuinely sorry to hear that.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
If true, a disaster waiting to happen. The levels of stupity involved are astronomical. There will be no backing from the crowd, fans on socials, honestly I can't see the players being overly impressed either. Why would you think employing a manger who plays a completely different style is a good idea and has zero experience, or from what it seems a solid back room team.

If you're going to replace a popular manager (albeit a charlatan) you need to have someone the fans can at least have something they can get behind. This seems doomed before it starts. If this is Hobbs best option I have no faith whatsoever in his ability.
Oh and if trying to sugar coat this as a young up and coming English manager, don't bother it wont work.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think on the positive. Atleast we get a black country derby next season

Back
Top Bottom