Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary O’Neil - Poll

Do you want Gary O’Neil as our next Head Coach?

• Total voters

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This should have another option of; is he the best option of who will come in quickly?

I'm in favour of whatever keeps us out of Steve Davis running the team again.

I'd prefer O'Neil as an assistant, I think there's solid potential there. But of course I'd rather someone like Nagelsmann. I just don't think coaches like that are coming to Wolves, lol.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Available - Ruud van Nistelrooy, Andre Villas-Boas, Rafael Benitez, Graham Potter or Gary O’Neil. Surely Potter of Ruud would be interested.
Unfortunately we will be shopping in KwikSave for a manager and after shelling out loads on Lopetegui's payout we will not be able to afford anybody who has a bit of a pedigree.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here is a list of free agents that I've heard of:

-Andre Villas-Boas
-Ralph Hassenhuttl
-Giovanni van Bronkhorst
-Claude Puel
-Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Not saying it's a great list, but I'd take any one of those over Gary O'Neil.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here is a list of free agents that I've heard of:

-Andre Villas-Boas
-Ralph Hassenhuttl
-Giovanni van Bronkhorst
-Claude Puel
-Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Not saying it's a great list, but I'd take any one of those over Gary O'Neil.
Must not be big enough yes men for Shi, which is funny because Ole certainly was at United.

Wanderer Til I Die

Reaction score
I would be happy with Gary O'Neill, that being said, he wouldnt be my first choice. If I was the wolves chairman I would go all out to try and get Rob Edwards from Luton.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
AVB is an interesting shout. He’s got some morals and decency about him, at least.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be happy with Gary O'Neill, that being said, he wouldnt be my first choice. If I was the wolves chairman I would go all out to try and get Rob Edwards from Luton.
No money to get a manager from another club....

Reaction score
All you have to do is look at the metrics during O’Neill’s time at Bournemouth.

Is he really going to get the best out of the likes of Nunes, Silva, RAN and Gomes?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, and for the absence of doubt, hell no!

Nothing against the guy personally, but he’s inexperienced, got fired by the people who knew him best even after keeping them up, and he would come with no backroom staff leaving in the same mess we had under Davis. He needs at least a few years managing a team in L1 or the Champ, building his style and a team to support him.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder how many top managers out there are looking at our squad, and how we played against Rennes, knowing there's no money to spend for a year, thinking of ringing us up.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a depressing thread.
Now people are crying out for Rob Edwards too. Didn’t he drop Saiss when he was caretaker manager for two games or did I dream that?

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted for O'Neil for no other reason than speed.

I don't think Potter would entertain coming here. He will be holding out for bigger jobs.

Jonny Philips said on the Talking Wolves pod cast that O'Neil is a far more impressive character than people realise.

Look, he may turn out to be an English Lage for all I know, but we can't let the situation drift. If Potter is not interested then I would rather have someone who knows the league, will be quick to settle, and wants to be here.

It may end in disaster but it could with any expense overseas manager.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he's our next man I'll get behind him. Like, do I have a choice?

Andi130

Reaction score
Lage, Beale, O'Neil.....if that's really the level of the pond we consistently keep trying to wee in, I give up. None of them should even be mentioned in the same sentence as our club. It's criminal.

Back
Top Bottom