Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And it's the same squad depth that caught us out last season.
"We'll be fine when the injuries come back" and we lose the best part of half a season waiting to become competitive again.

We never learn.
Also add the extra potential 10-25 mins each game, now bigger squad needed more than ever, another rule change to suit the top 6.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I worked for Caterpillar years ago and they decided to put locks on the toilets and we were advised to go to the media and when management found out the locks came down quicker than a prostitutes knickers so while you might be like that doesn't mean everyone else is.
Wouldn’t most be in favour of a lock on the toilet door?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is how it reads unfortunately. It’s a wait and see moment for me. Hopefully he takes training as expected and the noise settles down.

It looks like the reality of the situation is coming home to you too unfortunately. Short of a very rapid intervention from China, injecting 50m to fund say three key signings and some assurance to JL that he will continue to be backed, then I don’t see this ending in anything other than JL leaving by mutual agreement and the club appointing O’Neil, Edwards or similar.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary O'Neil wouldn't be a personal choice but why all the bodering on hatred of him?

He took 39 points from 36 games last season, and had to work with the squad he inherited from the off until January with no time to implement a style of play and morale at rock bottom. Before he was appointed they lost their previous game 9-0 and on paper had the worst squad in the league, he did an incredible job to keep them up and was very harshly sacked.

Lopetegui got 35 from 27 games so a very slightly higher ppg but had the benefit of a month working with the players before taking his first game and then a fairly productive transfer window right after where we spent a decent chunk of money, and already we had a better squad than Bournemouth.

To be honest I am tired of the Lopetegui soap opera crying to his chum Balague and the media and the threats of walking out. Doing so as close to the start of the season and with another 3 weeks still to run in the transfer window doesn't smack of any loyalty to the club and just protecting his own reputation. We could do with a couple more no doubt but after what he got to spend in January the first 11 is ok and only Neves has left who would have been a starter.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, it's 11/30. JL must be at Compton by now.

Even the most incompetent **** - that's you by the way, Jeff - must see that this needs resolving one way or the other by the end of today. The fans, the players and the club staff are entitled to a decision.

Why does it need resolving by the end of today?

Because some bloke called Bacon Sandwich on a forum said so? Go and cover yourself in brown sauce to cool yourself down.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah.. and I think this is where it falls down for me.

Fosun aren’t stupid. If it really only took 20mill investment to keep JL happy, they would do it. The costs of not doing it, are too large.

It’s becoming clear to me JL never really wanted the job and doesn’t want to be here. He’s using the media to engineer his story, because he already has a reputation for being a snake, so wants to lay blame elsewhere.
If that’s the case why are we looking at the cheapest of cheap managers?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's pretty much a certainty that we will still bring in Elvedi or someone similar as 3rd/4th choice CB.

We may even get Scott - who knows. I would be astounded if we don't make any signings at all, but I don't think it would be the disaster we all think it would.

Whether that is enough for JL is the question that nobody knows the answer to
No it's not, is your head in the sand. We literally have one of, if not the most reliable journalist on Wolves saying that we are not buying them players.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why does it need resolving by the end of today?

Because some bloke called Bacon Sandwich on a forum said so? Go and cover yourself in brown sauce to cool yourself down.
Two points:
1. If you can't see why it needs resolving today then you need to increase your medication
2. Brown sauce on a bacon sandwich is the devil's work

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it's not, is your head in the sand. We literally have one of, if not the most reliable journalist on Wolves saying that we are not buying them players.

Like I said, I'd be amazed if we didn't sign a single player.

Not once have the club said that - it's just media speculation to fuel the fire.

Feel free to bookmark it and call me out on it on September 1st!

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Currently booking a room at the Mount
He's actually on holiday in Vale do Lobo, Portugal. He was on a table next to my friend yesterday, but it was before all this news broke!!

Reactions: Ian

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Beale was Hobbs recommendation. Who else other than O’Neil is there that wouldn’t cost much and wouldn’t whinge about lack of signings?
Is this right? Sellars was still Sporting Director at the time, although he was rapidly replaced once Lopetegui got through the door and started removing the incompetent ones (well most of them!)

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two points:
1. If you can't see why it needs resolving today then you need to increase your medication
2. Brown sauce on a bacon sandwich is the devil's work

My post was only in jest.

But in all seriousness, it'll be resolved when it's resolved. I hope they take their time and thrash things out because that's the best solution all round

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary O'Neil wouldn't be a personal choice but why all the bodering on hatred of him?

He took 39 points from 36 games last season, and had to work with the squad he inherited from the off until January with no time to implement a style of play and morale at rock bottom. Before he was appointed they lost their previous game 9-0 and on paper had the worst squad in the league, he did an incredible job to keep them up and was very harshly sacked.

Lopetegui got 35 from 27 games so a very slightly higher ppg but had the benefit of a month working with the players before taking his first game and then a fairly productive transfer window right after where we spent a decent chunk of money, and already we had a better squad than Bournemouth.

To be honest I am tired of the Lopetegui soap opera crying to his chum Balague and the media and the threats of walking out. Doing so as close to the start of the season and with another 3 weeks still to run in the transfer window doesn't smack of any loyalty to the club and just protecting his own reputation. We could do with a couple more no doubt but after what he got to spend in January the first 11 is ok and only Neves has left who would have been a starter.
O'Neil would get the support of the fans if he comes, it wouldn't be personal against the bloke.

But any problems on the pitch would be vented completely at Fosun and Shi.

Wolves have a very tricky start this season, regardless of the manager. And Shi has a target on his back for many.

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
Lop transfer spends. Sevilla

€188 million

€74 million

€41 million

Far outweighing outgoings.

2022 Arrivals
€29 million

2022 Outgoing
€91 million

Point I am trying to make is Lopetegui has had previous form with spending big then throwing toys out the pram. I feel both he and Shi have handled things badly.

Surely if it was just 20 million we would have made it happen?

Lopetegui appears to have engineered his leaving from Wolves, I really hope I am wrong but surely there is more to this than Alex Scott???

Whatever the reasons and who's to blame, it's a **** show so close to the season!

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm assuming the locks were to prevent you going to the toilet, rather than you all being perverts?

If Wolves were violating Lopetegui's human or employment rights, I'd have no problem with him going public. That isn't the case here though.
Yes they were on the outside and I'm sure they were some perverts (not me obviously :tearsofjoy: ) but I was just using it as an example of how powerful using the media can be.

Andi130

Reaction score
O'Neil would get the support of the fans if he comes, it wouldn't be personal against the bloke.

But any problems on the pitch would be vented completely at Fosun and Shi.

Wolves have a very tricky start this season, regardless of the manager. And Shi has a target on his back for many.
Are you sure he get the support!? 3 games in, watching turgid football and the anger will be directed at all.

T

TheConcourse

Are you sure he get the support!? 3 games in, watching turgid football and the anger will be directed at all.
It’s like a car crash being played in slow-motion. Everyone can see what’s coming.

Brighton at home: an absolute thumping and mass disapproval from the fans.

O’Neil out by Christmas.

I’d be staggered if this ended any other way tbh.

I’d never wish relegation on us. Ever. But if it means getting this erratic business model out of our club the I’d take it.

How can we go from one plan to another so quickly across multiple windows.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dont see much hate toward O'Neiil here. In fact I think most including myself have sympathy for the guy.
But you cant honestly think that what he did at Bournemouth qualifies him for the job at Wolves? 39 points from 36 games isnt exactly a major achievement
And with regards to working with the players. He was there already coaching them, when appointed. Its not like they were strangers to him. He knew the squad, their strenghts and weaknesses.

T

TheConcourse

I dont see much hate toward O'Neiil here. In fact I think most including myself have sympathy for the guy.
But you cant honestly think that what he did at Bournemouth qualifies him for the job at Wolves? 39 points from 36 games isnt exactly a major achievement
And with regards to working with the players. He was there already coaching them, when appointed. Its not like they were strangers to him. He knew the squad, their strenghts and weaknesses.
And Bournemouth fans hated his style.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Monday - news breaks on the future for Lopitegui
Tuesday - Jeff and Julen meet in the Lamborghini
Wednesday - Julen's contract is in the bin
Thursday - Jeff goes and gets Gary in
Friday - Agents are already on the phone
Saturday - Players start pack up their home
Sunday - Training at Compton is pretty lonely
Monday - Scott goes for £15m - "my god, if only"