Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bloody love it.. contains my 3 favourite food groups; Cheese, Chips and Gravy.
It's so popular in Canada though that everyone tries to make it. And some of them are very poor attempts. McDonald's made it for awhile and it was awful.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's so popular in Canada though that everyone tries to make it. And some of them are very poor attempts. McDonald's made it for awhile and it was awful.
A&W is decent though..

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You could make it with microwave fries, packet grated cheese and bisto gravy. I'm still eating it.

Still not a clue what cheese curd is.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love it. Off to Toronto soon and can't wait to get back on it! The BK Angry Poutine is amazing!
I used to go to Poutinis House of Poutine on Queen Street.. AMAZING! (Heard a rumours it’s closed though..)

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there’s something this transfer thread needed it cheesy chips and gravy.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I once looked into making some at home, as you can't really buy it here. But you needed some **** weird ingredients and I'm not sure It would have seemed as appetising.
Gravy, cheese (preferably curd) and french fries!

Any kind of cheese that melts will work though. If I make it at home I use regular shredded marble cheese.

You can add meat or whatever else as well. There's a mom and pa pizza shop near me that makes poutine with chicken and I love that. I make sure to grab one from there 2 or 3 times a year.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Phillips says he thinks the Elvedi deal held up over payment terms, but he thinks will complete. Thinks the Scott deal also failed on payment terms rather than overall value. Around 27 mins in.

Positive things about O'Neil.... I think he's a solid choice for what we could afford and attract.

But I also don't think Lopetegui is going anywhere for at least a few weeks/month. He's not going to quit and walk away from ALL that money for him (and his staff) while damaging his reputation. Wolves also aren't going to fire him because 1. they want him and 2. that would be a ridiculous amount of funds to spend when we already won't spend any this window.

If we come out of the first 4 or 5 games with 1 or 2 points, Lopetegui may quit then because he can save his reputation that way.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positive things about O'Neil.... I think he's a solid choice for what we could afford and attract.

But I also don't think Lopetegui is going anywhere for at least a few weeks/month. He's not going to quit and walk away from ALL that money for him (and his staff) while damaging his reputation. Wolves also aren't going to fire him because 1. they want him and 2. that would be a ridiculous amount of funds to spend when we already won't spend any this window.

If we come out of the first 4 or 5 games with 1 or 2 points, Lopetegui may quit then because he can save his reputation that way.

When pressed, Phillips thinks he won’t be here for Man Utd, but said it’s really uncertain either way. Said it’s all down to money. JL can’t afford to walk because of the size of contract for him and his staff. Also said Wolves can’t afford to sack him for the same reason. If he does leave, it can only be by mutual agreement. That’s a risky situation as that’s exactly the situation Leicester were in last season with Rodgers.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When pressed, Phillips thinks he won’t be here for Man Utd, but said it’s really uncertain either way. Said it’s all down to money. JL can’t afford to walk because of the size of contract for him and his staff. Also said Wolves can’t afford to sack him for the same reason. If he does leave, it can only be by mutual agreement. That’s a risky situation as that’s exactly the situation Leicester were in last season with Rodgers.
And I don't see Wolves mutually agreeing to let him leave UNLESS the results are poor through the first month or two.

We don't want to buy players, why would we want to spend 80% of what Elvedi would cost to buy out our staff and then get a new one in?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And I don't see Wolves mutually agreeing to let him leave UNLESS the results are poor through the first month or two.

We don't want to buy players, why would we want to spend 80% of what Elvedi would cost to buy out our staff and then get a new one in?

Listen to the podcast. It was recorded just before 9pm tonight so the whole Lopetegui thing is covered in some detail with Jonny Phillips, who is about as clued in on us as any journalist. Some insights, some opinions, but the gist was, the relationship is broken, possibly beyond repair. He was quite clear that the only thing stopping a separation is the money involved for both JL and club.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listen to the podcast. It was recorded just before 9pm tonight so the whole Lopetegui thing is covered in some detail with Jonny Phillips, who is about as clued in on us as any journalist. Some insights, some opinions, but the gist was, the relationship is broken, possibly beyond repair. He was quite clear that the only thing stopping a separation is the money involved for both JL and club.
Oh yeah, I've been listening. I'm 54 minutes in.

I just still don't think Wolves are walking away unless Lopetegui is willing to quit for little to no payment to start the season.

I have no doubt that Hobbs and Shi want Lopetegui to stay. I have no doubt that Lopetegui wants to leave either.

Wanderer Til I Die

Reaction score
Not that I want Lopetegui out, he is a top manager and he kept us up last season, but his days are numbered at Wolves now, it is only a matter of time before he leaves/gets fired. He burned his bridges with Jeff Shi and Fosun the moment he did that interview with Guilliem Balague. I get that he is angry and frustrated because he has been lied to, but if he is unhappy with the situation he should resign. Let's not forget, this isn't the first time he has done something like this. He went for an interview and accepted the Real Madrid job while he was coach of the Spanish national team, just before the World Cup in 2018! Both of those things say a lot about his character. I fear it will turn into a car crash of a season the longer this saga goes on.

If/when he does leave, we will struggle to find a manager of his calibre, given our current financial situation but it wont be the end of the world either. We are Wolves and we have been in worse situations than this and bounced back stronger.

As for managers to replace him, we could do a lot worse than Gary O'Neil or Rob Edwards, both did fantastic jobs at Bournemouth and Luton last season. Both I think would have a decent chance of keeping us up this season and are used to working on a shoestring budget.
If we get relegated this season, I think there is a good chance both would stay and have us pushing for promotion back up from the Championship.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

37 games as a manager then sacked by Bournemouth is a solid choice?

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m guessing there’s no more news on any new signings?

We ain’t getting anyone are we?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
37 games as a manager then sacked by Bournemouth is a solid choice?
And kept them up.

Yeah, I think he's a solid choice for what we could attract. Who do you think we could get in, quickly, that would be better?

Lopetegui lasted 14 games after spending over 100 million euros with one of the best teams in the world. He was replaced and the team went 15 wins, 3 draws, 6 losses the rest of the way.... so I guess he sucks too.

Back
Top Bottom