Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Offer ten million :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

In all seriousness, Bristol City are gesturing in the media that they have a strong hand, when the reality of the situation is they really don't.

Talks with us and now Bournemouth have stalled over both the amount and the structure of the fee.

Next summer, Alex Scott has 1 year left on his deal with City. They are into forced sale territory. He's probably only going for £10-15m then.

I would genuinely now go back and offer them £20m, but on a loan with an obligation!!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all seriousness, Bristol City are gesturing in the media that they have a strong hand, when the reality of the situation is they really don't.

Talks with us and now Bournemouth have stalled over both the amount and the structure of the fee.

Next summer, Alex Scott has 1 year left on his deal with City. They are into forced sale territory. He's probably only going for £10-15m then.

I would genuinely now go back and offer them £20m, but on a loan with an obligation!!

Agreed. I might even suggest a loan fee with an option in our favour next summer, with a total deal value around 20m incl the loan fee.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like Bristol City just lost a whole lotta leverage.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes…

while he is talented, they have played this so badly. I called it weeks ago that if someone moved on out of us or Bournemouth they would lose millions on the sale.

This now looks to be the case.

Bournemouth don’t have a HG player issue I don’t think either, so they weren’t going to be as easy to string along and try to coax more money out of as we are

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes…

while he is talented, they have played this so badly. I called it weeks ago that if someone moved on out of us or Bournemouth they would lose millions on the sale.

This now looks to be the case.

Bournemouth don’t have a HG player issue I don’t think either, so they weren’t going to be as easy to string along and try to coax more money out of as we are
I don't think Bristol are in a bad position though. Turn down £20m and try to string clubs along for £25m. It doesn't work, they reduce asking price to £20m and play ball. It was worth a try from their point of view.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we genuinely have £20m+ available I’d rather we spent it on a pacey right sided centre back, Mavropanos or Danso for example.

Far more important than signing Scott IMV.
Yes. Good as he was for large parts of post January last season, Dawson has looked particularly sluggish so far in preseason.
That would have to be the priority.
No complaints, he did the job for which he was purchased. Ship steadied, kept us up, made Kilman more comfortable, but he’s certainly not the future on current showings.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, but I think the issue might be that Scott is an important signing for JL, for whatever reason.
I do think that signing Scott and Elvedi or a Centre back on loan would probably assuage JL somewhat. He seems to rate Scott (as does Hobbs) so it’s probably more symbolic to JL if he gets Scott.

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
If we genuinely have £20m+ available I’d rather we spent it on a pacey right sided centre back, Mavropanos or Danso for example.

Far more important than signing Scott IMV.
Danso just signed a new deal.
Not sure on Mavropanos. I'd much rather we try get Elvedi over the line

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maguire being linked with Everton... How the **** would they pay his wages???
They appear to be banking on the FFP punishments not being too harsh, if its only 3-6 points and they can get more than that ahead of the bottom 3 by making signings then they might get away with it.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm determined to keep the thread going ... disco's on his own ... he's on his own.. disco's on his own

He'd add much needed pace to the back line but is very error prone. If we could get a loan with an option I wouldn't be against having a look at him for 12 months

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enquiry made for Sanchez from Spurs
Better than Collins? Not Collins’ biggest fan but seems like a like for like swap to me so begs the question of why? Unless Sanchez is free of course. Have to be honest, not watched an awful lot of him…

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Bristol are in a bad position though. Turn down £20m and try to string clubs along for £25m. It doesn't work, they reduce asking price to £20m and play ball. It was worth a try from their point of view.
Yes, but they could maybe have gotten 22-25m of us and Bournemouth were still competing.

Worth a try, I agree, but what I have been saying is I think they have overplayed their hand a bit

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better than Collins? Not Collins’ biggest fan but seems like a like for like swap to me so begs the question of why? Unless Sanchez is free of course. Have to be honest, not watched an awful lot of him…

Yeah spurs fans at work saying they'd pay us for him

I'd like to add they also said he might be better in a smaller side like us

Back
Top Bottom