Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 year left on his deal and sketchy injury history, also arguably not a system player and stood out in a poor Leicester side.

That being said id love him here, we should have signed him from Norwich, not sure where he fits in at spurs though with Son, Kulesevski, richarlason all vying to play off Kane already. Be interesting to see.
Considering that Kane, Son and possibly Richarlison are all likely to be on their way according to the London Evening Standard....

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re asking for a stupid fee for him. I’m sure they will get near what they’re asking for nearer the deadline but I can’t imagine he’s at the top of anybody who can afford him’s wish list.
Yep, way overpriced, great free kicks but not much else.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see it now, Friday 1st September, 11.01pm, Matt Hobbs speaks to the media.......

"Yes, undoubtedly it's been a frustrating window for everyone at the club. But I think we have already made our most important signing of the season when Julen committed to stay on as manager."
"Julen..... Julen? ...... Julen?!!"

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maddison money plus Harvey Barnes/ ienacho money when he’s sold should give them some funds I’d imagine.

They’ll win the champ next year I think.

Some yes, but not much. They will need pretty much an entire new first team given they also lost a bunch out of contract, and financially they are in a very deep hole.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spurs trying to sign Van de Ven, very highly rated left footed centre back. This would probably kill any potential move for Kilman. I'd much rather lose Collins than Kilman, as long as Brentford raise their price to £25m so we can generate a decent bit of profit (~£10m).
Kilmans moved dead, he as number three after van de ven and tapsoba

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think we'll be getting a very interesting window, apart from all the is he/isn't he gossip around who will be leaving. Potentially, both Collins and Coady could be priced out of a move by Wolves, which could leave a couple of unsettled bench warmers at the club.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think we'll be getting a very interesting window, apart from all the is he/isn't he gossip around who will be leaving. Potentially, both Collins and Coady could be priced out of a move by Wolves, which could leave a couple of unsettled bench warmers at the club.
Certainly not being priced out of a move just asking a reasonable price,in fact more than reasonable imo

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any ITKs know if we are in for Ward-Prowse from Southampton- should be someone we have an interest in, and Saints must need the money and get his wages off the books?
I don’t think he gets in our midfield! And probably on relatively high wages.

Reactions: Ned

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You can live with a guy that's smacked sombody though. The original story, wouldn't want him at the club
I can't find the journalist's retraction. Admittedly if it's in French or in a video it would be hard to find, but I have tried searching in French and can find nothing.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£80 million for Neves, Collins and Coady wouldn't be a terrible start to the summer I guess? Add to this a likely few million for Sanderson and Sarkic as well? £85 million or so as a starting point say?

Not all will go I don't think, but if we were then to factor in potential moves for the likes of Silva, Podence, Ait Nouri, Sa, Raul and Jonny, we could/should have a decent kitty to play with? I don't think this would be a catastrophic set of sales as such (though losing Neves is of course a big blow, and both Silva and Collins moving on would be disappointing)? I guess it all then depends on who we bring in, but if we could find ourselves a decent GK, CB, RB, CM, CF and a wide player with any cash we raise, then things won't look too bad I reckon?

Imagine us adding say Bonou, Baku, Garcia, Scott, Gyokeres and Ocampos to what we have (maybe even a Wahi, a Redondo and a Jaime too if we're being a bit greedy/overly optimistic)? I don't think we'd look too bad squad wise?

Bonou, Bentley, Semedo, Baku, Dawson, Kilman, Toti, Garcia, Bueno, Giles, Traore, Gomes, Lemina, Scott, Nunes, Hwang, Neto, Sarabia, Ocampos, Cunha, Kaladzjic, Gyokeres, Wahi. That'll do Jeff lol!

Last edited:

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£80 million for Neves, Collins and Coady wouldn't be a terrible start to the summer I guess? Add to this a likely few million for Sanderson and Sarkic as well? £85 million or so as a starting point say?

Not all will go I don't think, but if we were then to factor in potential moves for the likes of Silva, Podence, Ait Nouri, Sa, Raul and Jonny, we could/should have a decent kitty to play with? I don't think this would be a catastrophic set of sales as such (though losing Neves is of course a big blow, and both Silva and Collins moving on would be disappointing)? I guess it all then depends on who we bring in, but if we could find ourselves a decent GK, CB, RB, CM, CF and a wide player with any cash we raise, then things won't look too bad I reckon?

Imagine us adding say Bonou, Baku, Garcia, Scott, Gyokeres and Ocampos to what we have (maybe even a Wahi, a Redondo and a Jaime too if we're being a bit greedy/overly optimistic)? I don't think we'd look too bad squad wise?

Bonou, Bentley, Semedo, Baku, Dawson, Kilman, Toti, Garcia, Bueno, Giles, Traore, Gomes, Lemina, Scott, Nunes, Hwang, Neto, Sarabia, Ocampos, Cunha, Kaladzjic, Gyokeres, Wahi. That'll do Jeff lol!
I’d add losing RAN to the list of disappointments, so much potential, but maybe not the desired attitude.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d add losing RAN to the list of disappointments, so much potential, but maybe not the desired attitude.
Yeah definitely. I had high hopes. There is a player there, but I can't see that potential ever being realised here for whatever reason? It could do elsewhere. That mooted swap for Wahi I'd be all over personally. With Bueno, Giles, Semedo and Toti all capable at left back we won't lose too much though in reality I guess?

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Barcelona are trying to sell players by Friday because June 30 is the end of their financial year and they need to close sales by then.

The Spanish champions are trying to offload centre-backs Clement Lenglet and Samuel Umtiti, USA right-back Sergino Dest, and attackers Gustavo Maia and Alex Collado, who could join Las Palmas.

Lenglet spent last season on loan at Tottenham. The Frenchman remains an option for a permanent switch there but there is no agreement between the clubs, contrary to reports.

Dest, umtiti any value to us?
Jeff Shi could fall into a bucket of Umtitis and come out sucking his thumb.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently that reporter on his Wikipedia admitted the story about the academy was wrong and he actually got expelled for punching a supervisor …
From what I can see, no he didn't.

The club suspended him, publicly saying the reason was that he punched a supervisor. The investigative journalist, Romain Molina, then revealed it was *actually* because he forced high school students to commit sexual acts in the toilets.

If you have any evidence of Molina going back on his word, I'll happily admit I was wrong, but I can't find or see anything of the sorts from the research I've done.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dest, umtiti any value to us?
Umtiti was good for Lecce. Went away on loan, played well, had a great connection with the club and the fans and was happy slugging it out at the bottom of the table for most of the season.

However, he put country before club when he went to the World Cup in 2018 having had knee problems towards the end of the season and has struggled to recover ever since (sound familiar?!) He missed half of the following season, struggled with COVID and then missed all of the second half of 21/22 with a fractured toe. Barca have been trying to get rid ever since, Lecce took a chance on him and he's been pretty much injury free in a tough league ever since.

If there was any hope of getting him I'd consider taking a chance on him, but I think wage expectations and his injury record might put paid to that idea.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would be as close to a perfect window for us under the circumstances I think. Gyokeres and Scott probably upwards of £20m for either of them. Bounou maybe £10-15m. Baku quoted at £15m. Garcia release clause at £18m. Ocampos £15m reportedly.

£100m~ outlay could be realistic if we get the sales we need, John Percy's article distinctly said that the budget could change depending on outgoings. Selling Neves, Coady, Collins and Silva for a combined £100m would certainly help.

Just need to find takers for the likes of Sa, Podence, RAN, Raul, Jonny, Sanderson who are all reportedly available too. Raul and Jonny I think we might struggle for takers with the wages they're currently on. Sanderson might be £2-3m. Podence rumoured at £7-8m to Turkey recently. Sa probably £5m~. RAN not much given the 50% sell-on clause.

I think it would take another big sale to spend that type of money, Giles could be expendable if a big bid (£10-15m) comes in if Julen is happy with Bueno and Toti on the left.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see it now, Friday 1st September, 11.01pm, Matt Hobbs speaks to the media.......

"Yes, undoubtedly it's been a frustrating window for everyone at the club. But I think we have already made our most important signing of the season when Julen committed to stay on as manager."
Oh stop it :eek:

Back
Top Bottom