Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lets discuss Fabio and his future .

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"The authorities want to discern why Porto did not receive a larger proportion of the €40m transfer fee. They were due to profit around €30m after agent fees were deducted. That €10m broke down into €7m for GestiFute - owned by notorious super-agent Jorge Mendes - and €3m for STV, a company headed by Silva’s father."

"Porto claimed they only profited €25m from the deal. This has led to questions about where the remaining €5m has gone."
"The missing €5m is not the only irregularity in the Silva deal. A payment of €500,000 to PP Sports - owned by Pedro Pinho, who is under investigation by the Portuguese Public Ministry and Tax Authority - from Mendes’ company is also causing question marks."

Fabio Silva's Wolves transfer under investigation by Portuguese authorities
as I said a couple of days ago, all about a few people making lots of money, very little to do with the improvement of our team. Stinks really but there you go.

The fact so many people didn’t see anything odd about Wolves spending 35m on a kid striker with one first team goal baffles me.

At least Fabios dad has a nice mansion now while we’ve just scored 31 in 38 games and fans are being hit with another price rise.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moving back into his house next week, not sure what that means for his future, maybe so Lopetegui can take a look at him.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes agreed

I think he deserves a chance seems the right player to make forward runs and clever movements, and clearly loves his football

Say if he comes in get a good share of the mins and score 6-10 goals, it’s certainly a start and he’s only going to get better

While we do need a forward I think we need one that fits in with Cunha, Sasa, Fabio, and Raul if he is still here.

I do think however we need to create more chances and a shift how we play is needed. Can JL do it, with a clean slate I think so, does he have the players he needs? Not so much, think 3 key additions are what is needed AM, CF, CM

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me I’d keep.

We then have:

Fabio, Cunha, Sarabia, Neto, Hwang, Podence

Sasa and Chqiuinho provide depth if return. (I’d want 6 in squad at any time). Review mid-August if either are unlikely to be fit.

Guedes gone, Traore (sadly gone), Costa gone, Raul probably gone

Should any of 6 eg Neto or Podence be sold then need a replacement.

Ideally need a goal scorer but I’m happy to get behind Fabio. If not deemed good enough yet then loan out and seek to replace.

If Fabio had come through academy ala MGW then would be given more respect but still the normal mix crew going he’s only Champ standard. Strikers generally blossom other than those with searing pace (MBappe Owen). Fabio is clearly bulking up. Excited to see his development.

Last edited:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would keep him, but I’m still not at all convinced he’s a centre forward, at least not in the mould we need him to be. The same with Cunha. What we need is a centre forward for either (or both) of them to play off. Somebody strong with their back to goal, an aerial presence, can link the play…

Gyokeres a very realistic option in that respect. En-Nesyri would be the dream choice but perhaps unrealistic at this point, he also turned down West Ham in January but perhaps the “Julen factor” could help us in that regard.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would keep him, but I’m still not at all convinced he’s a centre forward, at least not in the mould we need him to be. The same with Cunha. What we need is a centre forward for either (or both) of them to play off. Somebody strong with their back to goal, an aerial presence, can link the play…

Gyokeres a very realistic option in that respect. En-Nesyri would be the dream choice but perhaps unrealistic at this point, he also turned down West Ham in January but perhaps the “Julen factor” could help us in that regard.
Actually in the few games I saw of Fabio last year the linking up of play (excluding heading) was the aspect I thought he looked strongest at but he will need other players to be close around him up front which will need a big change in how we have played recently.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually in the few games I saw of Fabio last year the linking up of play (excluding heading) was the aspect I thought he looked strongest at but he will need other players to be close around him up front which will need a big change in how we have played recently.
I can’t abide the big eared, even larger ego’ed ****, but MGW would’ve been ideal to play alongside Fabio.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can’t abide the big eared, even larger ego’ed ****, but MGW would’ve been ideal to play alongside Fabio.
Don’t fall for the hype regarding MGW. Before the final 2 games of the season most Forest fans wanted him dropped due to a lack of effort and also he was in hot water for being rude to fans.

A couple of assists in the last 2 games and all of a sudden he is “brilliant”. Very overrated player.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People still hanging the transfer fee around Fabio's neck but nobody questioning the 43 million for Cunha's two goals?
Nunes went to Liverpool for 80m, looks terrible at the moment but most saying first season and he'll come good next year. Similarities with Cunha?
Personally I think we should set up to be quite a solid back 4, Gomes and Lemina would be quite solid in front of them plus Matteus Nunes, then Cunha Fabio playing wide but close to a new striker.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Weird if AC Milan are targeting Fabio Silva as their Zlatan replacement and Sevilla and Roma, who just played out the Europa League final, are in for him as well.

Perhaps it could be worth giving him some game time and seeing how he does?

Last edited:

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Weird if AC Milan are targeting Fabio Silva as their Zlatan replacement and Sevilla and Roma, who just played out the Europa League final, are in for him as well.

Roma have their own ffp issue they were relying on selling Abrahams

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nooo, can't be any truth in it. We've been told by the resident expert on here that he's no better than Fleetwood Town standard

We need to get the next two years out of him, if he continues to develop at his current rate in a couple of years we won't be able to keep hold of him anyway

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure about that but if he wants to give the Premier league a go this season he is certainly worth a run of games.
Been written off far to quickly by our fans due to his fee and lack of service when he got his chance.

I think he’s a very intelligent player and as long as he stays fit and is played in the right system, will have a great career.

If Fabio is allowed to leave then it will have been very poor business by us (as I can’t see anyone paying much more (if any more) than we did).

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nooo, can't be any truth in it. We've been told by the resident expert on here that he's no better than Fleetwood Town standard

We need to get the next two years out of him, if he continues to develop at his current rate in a couple of years we won't be able to keep hold of him anyway
Steptoe played for Fleetwood before winning the league.
If Silva comes back and we do the same then we would all be very happy.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think JL is a no nonsense, type man .
There will be a man-to-man discussion , and no soft ball chats over where he feels he wants to play , and what he wants to do. Silva has a contract with Wolves . He is paid very well. Sometimes you just have to accept the rules of life. Sacrifices are made for big pay. Unless you are a superstar and he isn’t.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think he wants to be here.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand all the talk about him not wanting to be here but if he was that unsettled here why did he sign a contract extension?

I understand the whole process about wanting players who want to be here but where is the line with this? We can start appearing a bit soft here and will have a situation where players will come out with they want to leave as soon as bigger clubs become interested and will just expect to be sold.. .

He is under contract here it's now time for him to come back and really show everyone what he is about and why we spent the money on him....

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be a big mistake by the club to sell Fabio now.

While I agree in terms of talent, it really depends on whether he’s up for it here. If Lopetegui talks to him, and his view is that he isn’t, perhaps because of his fathers influence, then we should either continue to loan him out where he can build his reputation and cover his wages, or sell him if we get an offer which more than covers his residual book value of £16m. A sale of around £25m would net us around £10m, and knock £7m off our annual amortisation bill.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as people are saying its a mistake to sell him, if he wants to leave then we just sell him. No loans this time, just a sale. And he's under contract, if 3 or more clubs want him, then slap a 35 million fee on him and play hardball like other clubs do.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as people are saying its a mistake to sell him, if he wants to leave then we just sell him. No loans this time, just a sale. And he's under contract, if 3 or more clubs want him, then slap a 35 million fee on him and play hardball like other clubs do.

I can’t see us getting £35m. He’s reportedly on relatively good wages of £40k/wk which limits the market for him outside of the PL, and he hasn’t yet proven himself a top tier striker for that market. I can’t see a PL side coming in for him based on his PL stats to date, so it would likely be an Italian or Spanish club and very few of them have much cash to splash. Personally I think we’d be doing well to sell him for £20m+, which would at least generate a small profit on his remaining book value and take a chunk out of our amortisation bill.

JL said he’s going to take a look at him in pre season. I’m hoping he likes what he sees, and Fábio is inspired to perform and take a spot in our squad next season.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see us getting £35m. He’s reportedly on relatively good wages of £40k/wk which limits the market for him outside of the PL, and he hasn’t yet proven himself a top tier striker for that market. I can’t see a PL side coming in for him based on his PL stats to date, so it would likely be an Italian or Spanish club and very few of them have much cash to splash. Personally I think we’d be doing well to sell him for £20m+, which would at least generate a small profit on his remaining book value and take a chunk out of our amortisation bill.
This is it isn't, his value is on the up given how he done on loan but now really isn't the best time to sell him at all! Even if he isn't 100% keen we should be trying everything to get him to do at least one more season and see how he feels after that.... If he has even a half good season in the Premier League next season his value will increase ALOT given his age and reputation..

He is a regular for the under 21 now and another good season I can see him getting a call up for the first team which again will only increase his value.... I really think selling him now would be a terrible decision as in a few years we could get back what we paid or if he does really well a lot more!

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The kid got four goals and three assists in the 20/21 season, which was pretty impressive all things considered, I think he would be touching double figures now he is more experienced. We would still need to get someone else in but unless we get our money back we should keep him and back him.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I agree in terms of talent, it really depends on whether he’s up for it here. If Lopetegui talks to him, and his view is that he isn’t, perhaps because of his fathers influence, then we should either continue to loan him out where he can build his reputation and cover his wages, or sell him if we get an offer which more than covers his residual book value of £16m. A sale of around £25m would net us around £10m, and knock £7m off our annual amortisation bill.
Amortisation shmashion!!! Simple maths means a £10m book loss plus wages paid for a non producing asset.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you sure about that book value? He signed a new contract last summer

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t fall for the hype regarding MGW. Before the final 2 games of the season most Forest fans wanted him dropped due to a lack of effort and also he was in hot water for being rude to fans.

A couple of assists in the last 2 games and all of a sudden he is “brilliant”. Very overrated player.

He won their player of the season award. He is clearly a good good player

Back
Top Bottom