Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JL is a good man manager done well with Costa it's either genius for a player who was going to be the next mbappe 100m player or absolute catastrophe. But it will be a signing he signs off on unlike guides. But 30m cash **** me

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok cool, cheers for the explanation! That makes it slightly better. Still feels like a horrendous deal though.

Fati is good mates with Adama, wonder if he’d sign a new deal if it does happen.
I’m terms of accounting it’s good for this summer (which is necessary with the large outgoings we’ve had in the past year or so) but that’s semantics, best to look at it in real terms which is £40m for Neves is good with a year to go in my opinion but £70m for Fati is a massive risk for a club in our position unless we’ve got a big budget this summer.
From an FFP point of view is it a good deal for us?
It is in year 1, less so year two onwards.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fati coming might gives us the edge with Nico Williams......can see Neto being sold to bring in Nico Williams as well ...

Portuguese exodus with young Spainish incomings.....

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JL is a good man manager done well with Costa it's either genius for a player who was going to be the next mbappe 100m player or absolute catastrophe. But it will be a signing he signs off on unlike guides. But 30m cash **** me
With Neves only having 12 months left it sounds about right.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto 2027 so no rush to sell him with so long left on his contract.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This would be a great experiment for this forum to try. We all agree on a random but not completely unrealistic player and keep dropping his name into posts.
I am sure this us how some stuff happens. I will Google young Iberian players and get the ball rolling.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expect (and hope) that, if there's any truth in this, that the £30million is based of appearances, goals etc.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This would be a great experiment for this forum to try. We all agree on a random but not completely unrealistic player and keep dropping his name into posts.
How about Abel Ruiz, Spanish under 21 player ?Shall we make it so...?

Reactions: Ned

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am lead to believe that we may have an interest in a Spanish under 21 international, Abel Ruiz...anyone else heard anything? ;)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expect (and hope) that, if there's any truth in this, that the £30million is based of appearances, goals etc.

It’s 30m euros, so slightly better, but I agree that I’d hope the cash would be linked to appearances given his injury record.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not quite sure how Scott fits into our team? I’m guessing he’d play the sort of deep 10 role Moutinho sometimes does, but then what do you do with Cunha?
Scott can play left mid ...a similar role to what hwang Sarabia neto and what Nunes has been playing......it's predominantly where he plays for Bristol city....that's why they liken him to grealish....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scott can play left mid ...a similar role to what hwang Sarabia neto and what Nunes has been playing......it's predominantly where he plays for Bristol city....that's why they liken him to grealish....
Ah, ok, that makes sense.
Every time I’ve looked on the bbc lineup bit he’s been in the middle of the 3 in a 4231.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won’t change back to a five to accommodate a player who isn’t good enough for a team about to get relegated and shipping goals….

If he comes back, he will be shipped straight back out
He’d be a good buy for one of the promoted clubs.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's a risk yes. But I think they do have to take some if they want to out perform our status/size. That's why I wasn't that upset with the Barcelona Adama loan. Jeff got pelters for it, but if Adama had gone their and smashed it they we would have got much more than what we will get now which is the squsreroot of **** all. It was a calculated risk that just didn't work.

If we were City or United we could wait for players to prove their elite status, obviously it reduces uncertainty a little (they can always get injured or not settle), but that certainty comes at a price premium or they simply move outside of our possibility set - they out grow us.

We have to take risks on players and hope JP's man management and a settled environment helps them fulfill their potential to our mutual benefit.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah, ok, that makes sense.
Every time I’ve looked on the bbc lineup bit he’s been in the middle of the 3 in a 4231.
In the few times I've seen him play he has been more on the left of the 3.....not out wide solely but as I say where you would expect to see grealish....he is like grealish in the sense he is a creater of chances...more so than end product....

More grealish than Maddison..

You could say what we lack ..

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’d be a good buy for one of the promoted clubs.

He wouldn’t start at Burnley or at Sheffield UTD if someone was to be 100% honest.

Would need to be the play of winners……

For me it is most likely he will be leaving us to simply join another relegation scrap as a squad player.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So overall, it doesn't look like we are going for the best, solid, British players from the Championship? :D

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know it goes against the grain on here, but if Julen has the cojones/medical staff to get Neto, Cunha, Fati and Fabio on the pitch in the same lineup for the majority of next season, I think it would be a much more enjoyable watch than anything seen over the last three years.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it goes against the grain on here, but if Julen has the cojones/medical staff to get Neto, Cunha, Fati and Fabio on the pitch in the same lineup for the majority of next season, I think it would be a much more enjoyable watch than anything seen over the last three years.
I would like to be entertained. I want to be successful. The second is way more important than the first. I really rather would not be next season's Norwich thanks.....

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now that would offer the entertainment people want for the stupid annual increase on prices we are paying for tickets

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It would count as £40m in for Neves (about £38m of which would be profit as Neves value is mostly written down now) with £70m cost amortised over the contract length (presumably 5 years) so a cost of £14m per year.

Net affect would be £24m profit across the 2 transfers this window but then £14m cost in each of years 2 to 5.
Not sure that's quite right. You're correct that Neves' book value is low (I'd guess no more than £2M or so) so the book value of Fati would be whatever cash we paid (£30M) plus Neves' book value.

Neves' perceived market value is irrelevant for the accounting process so I suspect Fati's book value would only be about £32M. If you amortise that over 5 years that's £6.4m per year which is a lot less than if you'd paid £70M cash.

Not bad if you get £70M-worth of player so on the face of it, not a bad deal but you are foregoing any cash revenue you would get from selling Neves on the open market.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
70 million for fati - for a position we don’t need more players in

Really
Its not just about whether we've players for that position, but whether we can upgrade on them. Fati is a solid upgrade on all our current wingers, so in that regard, I can totally understand why we'd sign him. However I do agree that the price is steep, considering his recent injury history,

Madmalc

Reaction score
Its not just about whether we've players for that position, but whether we can upgrade on them. Fati is a solid upgrade on all our current wingers, so in that regard, I can totally understand why we'd sign him. However I do agree that the price is steep, considering his recent injury history,
With his injury record we will also need a big upgrade on the medical team..

Back
Top Bottom