Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who is getting relegated?

• Thread starter Deleted member (smith)
  • Start date

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prize for daftest post of the day goes to….SuperGran.

I can’t stand Forest either, but I want the extra £10M bonus for MGW. It all helps FFP and pays someone wages for a couple of seasons.
A win against Everton might also help us climb one further place up the table, and that is worth another £2M istr.
The integrity of the competition demands that we play our strongest team in the remaining games.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dunno if I've subconsciously fallen for the Big Sam hype, but I've just done a predictor and have Saints, Leicester and Forest going down. Everton to pull themselves from the brink with back-to-back wins against us and Bournemouth. Didn't realise how tricky Leicester's remaining games were.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prize for daftest post of the day goes to….SuperGran.

I can’t stand Forest either, but I want the extra £10M bonus for MGW. It all helps FFP and pays someone wages for a couple of seasons.
A win against Everton might also help us climb one further place up the table, and that is worth another £2M istr.

Couldn't give a toss, I hope Forest liquidate and if it means Jose Sa intentionally puts through our net in the 95th minute for a 1-0 Everton victory, then so be it.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Shi went down the bookies with a few million and laid off the potential loss of £10million by lumping some money on Forest to go down? ;)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It interests me that so many posters take the time to say how they hate a particular club and hope they go down. Tbh I couldn't give a **** which 3 clubs go down as long as it's not Wolves! I may be unusual but I only take a passing interest in any club during the week before we play them.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It interests me that so many posters take the time to say how they hate a particular club and hope they go down. Tbh I couldn't give a **** which 3 clubs go down as long as it's not Wolves! I may be unusual but I only take a passing interest in any club during the week before we play them.
My preferences are based on my personal experiences of attending games, hence Leeds and Everton top my list

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dunno if I've subconsciously fallen for the Big Sam hype, but I've just done a predictor and have Saints, Leicester and Forest going down. Everton to pull themselves from the brink with back-to-back wins against us and Bournemouth. Didn't realise how tricky Leicester's remaining games were.
I expect Forest to stay up … they have the easiest run in by far !!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may be unusual? You may be unus.......ha ha ha gasp ha ha.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m thinking Everton will escape as I’m expecting them to beat us at home and Bournemouth on the final day
Most likely depends what Wolves turn up beach towel moment likely I’d throw the kids in with the ones that are leaving at least that game might mean something to them.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last time , in the top flight , we were the executioner ;and , we confined a club to a lower league ?
I’ve been going since 1966/67 and I can’t remember any occasion when we won and sent someone down

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most likely depends what Wolves turn up beach towel moment likely I’d throw the kids in with the ones that are leaving at least that game might mean something to them.

Our lads couldn't even be bothered to turn up for Nunos last game against United's kids. I'm fully expecting beach brain football post-Villa.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't give a toss, I hope Forest liquidate and if it means Jose Sa intentionally puts through our net in the 95th minute for a 1-0 Everton victory, then so be it.
Given his performance with his feet against Brighton, anything is possible. With Sa he may even score in the other end too! He is officially bonkers

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's like 250 to 1 against us going down, but I can't see us getting another point. The villa will turn us over at the weekend and I am pretty sure Everton will show too much fight for our lot.

I am even starting to have doubts about next season. JL really has to put some pace and steel into this club in the summer, and above all find 20 more goals a season. That does not have to come from a 20 goal a season striker, it can come from across the team. Don't forget we are likely to lose almost 21% of this season's total goals if Neves leaves (6/29). I will make a prediction now, Cunha won't get more than six premier league goals next season, and neither will Hwang.

I will reserve my judgement until the end of the transfer window but I am already starting to feel the rebuild needs will a step too far next season.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It has been suggested that Sam Allardyce will get a £2 million bonus if he keeps Leeds United in the premier league. Not bad for four games, is it?
No, but he's got to actually deliver results and 2 million is less than 2% of the income the club would be guaranteed to earn if they stay up so it's chicken feed for the club to pay if Allardyce can just jolt the players into a couple of decent results..

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last time , in the top flight , we were the executioner ;and , we confined a club to a lower league ?
I’ve been going since 1966/67 and I can’t remember any occasion when we won and sent someone down
We sent Sheffield United down in Nuno's last season. Willan Jose inevitably playing the role of executioner.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's like 250 to 1 against us going down, but I can't see us getting another point. The villa will turn us over at the weekend and I am pretty sure Everton will show too much fight for our lot.

I am even starting to have doubts about next season. JL really has to put some pace and steel into this club in the summer, and above all find 20 more goals a season. That does not have to come from a 20 goal a season striker, it can come from across the team. Don't forget we are likely to lose almost 21% of this season's total goals if Neves leaves (6/29). I will make a prediction now, Cunha won't get more than six premier league goals next season, and neither will Hwang.

I will reserve my judgement until the end of the transfer window but I am already starting to feel the rebuild needs will a step too far next season.
1683100037749.jpeg1683100069778.jpeg

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sacking a manager with four games left. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Big Sams first two games - Manchester City and Newcastle United. Good luck Sam, you will need it.
It makes no sense whatsoever, if you're looking for a 'new manager bounce' you don't give your new manager City first up followed by an away trip to Newcastle. Should have either done it 2 weeks ago or wait until after the Newcastle game

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It makes no sense whatsoever, if you're looking for a 'new manager bounce' you don't give your new manager City first up followed by an away trip to Newcastle. Should have either done it 2 weeks ago or wait until after the Newcastle game
I dunno, leaking goals as they are even a reduction in the amount they lose by in those two games could be crucial.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dunno, leaking goals as they are even a reduction in the amount they lose by in those two games could be crucial.

That’s a fair point. Doesn’t give him much time to prepare for this weekend though, so I can’t imagine big Sam being able to stop anything but a hammering on Saturday, especially since Man City will need to respond now Arsenal have finally won a game.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
That’s a fair point. Doesn’t give him much time to prepare for this weekend though, so I can’t imagine big Sam being able to stop anything but a hammering on Saturday, especially since Man City will need to respond now Arsenal have finally won a game.
The only small sliver of hope for Leeds is that they may be playing Man City at a good time, if that's such a thing. City have West Ham tonight, Leeds Saturday and then Real Madrid next Tuesday. I can see them playing most of their big guns tonight and then making changes for Saturday in preparation for the Madrid game on Tuesday. Mind you, maybe they're all big guns at Man City and probably any 11 they put out will dispatch Leeds comfortably.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only small sliver of hope for Leeds is that they may be playing Man City at a good time, if that's such a thing. City have West Ham tonight, Leeds Saturday and then Real Madrid next Tuesday. I can see them playing most of their big guns tonight and then making changes for Saturday in preparation for the Madrid game on Tuesday. Mind you, maybe they're all big guns at Man City and probably any 11 they put out will dispatch Leeds comfortably.

second string city i suspect will see them off easily they can balance alavarez,silva,haaland, foden, etc

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not so sure, the title race isn't over yet. I think it's more likely Pep will go full strength to start both games and then bring off the big guns once the game is safe.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not so sure, the title race isn't over yet. I think it's more likely Pep will go full strength to start both games and then bring off the big guns once the game is safe.

As opposed to resting them like Wolves in the cup for the last 10 years, then bringing them on on 60 mins when it isn't going to plan, then playing a replay and extra time, and losing on pens.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hold on, haven't we won 3 of our last 5 games?

I swear some people are worse than goldfish.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, but he's got to actually deliver results and 2 million is less than 2% of the income the club would be guaranteed to earn if they stay up so it's chicken feed for the club to pay if Allardyce can just jolt the players into a couple of decent results..

That‘s true, but have you seen their remaining fixtures.

Back
Top Bottom