Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who is getting relegated?

• Thread starter Deleted member (smith)
  • Start date

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knows a staircase when he sees one too....

I once had an estate agent show us around a flat and he actually said “ this is the lounge, it has fully glazed widows”
I said I should hope they have or they are just holes in the wall.

I think he expected to say double glazed, saw they werent and panicked for something to say.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon Saints, Forest and Everton.

Yeah, looks very much like it will be 3 of the current bottom 5.

With the fixtures they've got, I think Saints and Forest could be down before the last weekend of fixtures.

Then I think it will go to a last day decider for the final spot between Everton, Leicester and Leeds.

Final days sees Everton at home to Bournemouth, Leicester at home to West Ham, and Leeds at home to Spurs.

Could even be decided by goal difference.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, looks very much like it will be 3 of the current bottom 5.

With the fixtures they've got, I think Saints and Forest could be down before the last weekend of fixtures.

Then I think it will go to a last day decider for the final spot between Everton, Leicester and Leeds.

Final days sees Everton at home to Bournemouth, Leicester at home to West Ham, and Leeds at home to Spurs.

Could even be decided by goal difference.
Iv got a feeling Leeds will go

Fulham away - loss
Leicester home - draw / loss
Bournemouth away - loss
City away - loss
Newcastle home - draw/loss
West Ham away - draw/loss
Spurs home - draw

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I cannot see Southampton staying up. I recall when they beat us 9-3 following our relegation from the top division. After that game I remember thinking that our glory days of the 1950s were finally over. However, my preference would be for Forest, Leeds and especially Everton to take the drop.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I once had an estate agent show us around a flat and he actually said “ this is the lounge, it has fully glazed widows”
I said I should hope they have or they are just holes in the wall.

I think he expected to say double glazed, saw they werent and panicked for something to say.
A fully glazed widow indeed....2 glass eyes?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right now it does look like three from five, hopefully we can keep them all at arm's length by just continuing to pick up points. I'd also not rule out West Ham just yet. They're halfway through a run of nine games in April, their game in hand is at the Etihad, their more winnable games (on paper) in the next six are trips to resurgent Bournemouth and Palace, and they finish the season with matches against Leeds and Leicester. I think they'll just about stay out of it but what West Ham do will have a serious bearing on who goes down

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear how sad never mind
****ing hate Brentford

They've overtaken Bournemouth in my personal dislike league! Actually, I really respect what Gary O'Neills done at Bournemouth. I think that's his name? Compared to all the other big name flops who get all the publicity regardless of ability, he gets little attention.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It will be Southampton, Leeds and Forest. In the long run, quality or lack of it prevails all other factors.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be happy enough not losing to Everton Palace or Leicester. Ok a win is better but a point from each uses up a fixture and keeps the gaps the same .

I can see us doing something against United or Arsenal especially if it’s a title decider unless we are completely safe then we may turn up with our flip flops like we did v Sunderland away when a win would have taken us past 100 points.

In the words of the mandalorian. This is the way
This is the way.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Living near to Leicester, I know quite a few Leicester fans and everyone I have spoken to thinks they will be relegated. The general view seems to be that while they have a few useful players, they are carrying too many passengers, a situation that is not helped by Vardy looking well past his best.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Leicester and Everton will get out of it by default.

Saints look down. Leeds and Forest both can’t defend but make no adjustments for this when they play.

As for us, I just think that our form and new found resilience will easily be enough even before taking other teams needing to produce amazing form to catch us into account.

A win against Leicester and the cigars will be out.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Leicester and Everton will get out of it by default.

Saints look down. Leeds and Forest both can’t defend but make no adjustments for this when they play.

As for us, I just think that our form and new found resilience will easily be enough even before taking other teams needing to produce amazing form to catch us into account.

A win against Leicester and the cigars will be out.
Hopefully by 5pm sharpish Saturday evening!!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I had assumed Gracia would sort Leeds out a bit defensively, as I think that's what he's been good at before, so the last couple of games must be really worrying for them.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McCarthy was obsessed with signing relegated players in the PL - Doyle, Hunt, Johnson, Fletcher, even bloody Mouyokolo. I'm probably forgetting someone else.

Maddison is a top 6 level player in my opinion and will go to somewhere like Newcastle. Very much the exception though. The rest would be decent squad players at best.

Harvey Barnes is a fantastic player and will end up at a club battling for European football.

James Justin got an England call up, good defender and can play both left and right back.

Tielemans is a fringe champions league level player. That's 4 players that floor is a Villa/Newcastle.

Only reason why they're where they are, is the defense is made from paper-mache and the keepers would struggle to get game time at Walsall. Plus Vardy has only scored once in the league (against us as you'd guess)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had assumed Gracia would sort Leeds out a bit defensively, as I think that's what he's been good at before, so the last couple of games must be really worrying for them.
I think it’s a combination of Jesse March not being able to coach a defence and Bielsa having made a championship team competent by making them run around like blue ***** flies. The energy kept the defence from being as exposed. Now they’re left with championship (at best) level defenders with no real protection.

I don’t hate Leeds as much as others do (until we play them) and kind of hope they stay up because there are teams in the mix who I do genuine dislike.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am hoping that we will turn up at Leicester knowing that a win will mean we can all relax but a loss is not to be feared.
Having such a big prize but without the gut wrenching need to win against Leicester could provide the perfect situation for our talented players to rise to their best. If so by Saturday night we can all have a party.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ideally I'd love to see Leicester, West Ham & Everton go down.
As stated in an earlier post Leicester owe their position to playing the system with administration at the time before a points deduction came into being. Everton are trying to circumvent FFP with their bull**** COVID losses claim and have been getting away with it for too long. West Ham got given a new stadium by an accident of geography but acted at the time like it was their entitlement to be given the stadium for free. at the very least they didn't take the hit in attendance and lack of transfer funds others have had to while new stadiums were being built. Plus, West Ham are attention whores who are massively over represented in the football media for the size of club they are.

Forest can always go down next season, lets get the money off them first, it could pay Ramos's wages for 3-4 seasons or at least help with the FFP.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harvey Barnes is a fantastic player and will end up at a club battling for European football.

James Justin got an England call up, good defender and can play both left and right back.

Tielemans is a fringe champions league level player. That's 4 players that floor is a Villa/Newcastle.

Only reason why they're where they are, is the defense is made from paper-mache and the keepers would struggle to get game time at Walsall. Plus Vardy has only scored once in the league (against us as you'd guess)
James Justin would be a good replacement for Jonny in an ideal world and homegrown...BUT and it's a massive BUT the bloke is never fit....

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Southampton are as doomed as initially implied. 4 points from safety, but they have Bournemouth and Fulham left at home. And Forest away still to play. Of their remaining games, there's only really Arsenal and Newcastle away which on paper are write offs.

I also just don't see many of the others getting an array of points that will leave them completely isolated.

Likely to go, but not the absolute certainty suggested. I think it's Forest who will finish 20th.

Last edited:

EdinburghWolf

Reaction score
Leicester, Everton and West Ham for me - they're our biggest challengers over the next few years. I get why most would like Forest & Leeds gone but I'd rather take six points from each of them next season then say goodbye.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Southampton are as doomed as initially implied. 4 points from safety, but they have Bournemouth and Fulham left at home. And Forest away still to play. Of their remaining games, there's only really Arsenal and Newcastle away which on paper are write offs.

I also just don't see many of the others getting an array of points that will leave them completely isolated.

Likely to go, but not the absolute certainty suggested. I think it's Forest who will finish 20th.
If look at where teams were after 24 games and where they are now there are 5 teams that have stood still over the last 6/7 games. Once you’re on those types of runs it’s very difficult to get out of.

0895060D-C20B-4B82-A994-14D5543A08D0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom