Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle v Wolves comms thread.

Joop

Groupie
Reaction score
Got a feeling we’ll repeat last week and go to 5 at the back and put in a much improved performance. Also starting to think that the reason Lopetegui gets so much praise for his subs, is because his starting line ups are so bad!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I have read a lot over the last several weeks how fantastic JL is as a coach and his sub selections…

…..fine……come on JL, “ where’s the beef”?

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We will probably get something out of this yet. JL seems to work it all out at half time

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
officiating a disgrace again

Also jls team

Need more energy and pace one of the worse half’s of football I’ve seen us play and so predictable after seeing the line up

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve wasted so much money on average players. The cheaper ones are having to vail them out
Heads should roll regarding our recruitment

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sigh. Watching us for far too long is almost always completely devoid of excitement.

It was a penalty mind. Since then we've been lucky not to have conceded at least 2.

Moutinho and Jonny just should not be starting games for us now. Not only do we instantly lose the midfield battle, but we lose what Moutinho can actually bring toward the end of games when necessary.

Get Cunha, Neto and Gomes on.
Hah, on the top statement my daughters come in the boozer and says she wants to go park, misses given us the 'i want to go' eyes and I'll gladly accept, best of luck gents and ladies with the rest of this watch!

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m ****ing livid. FIFA promised VAR would correct poor refs decisions what the **** is happening? Raul fell over with a chance to score? **** off. The free kick for their goal Raul makes contact with the ball I just can’t get my head round this at all what in the real **** is going on with refs? JL change things despite Pod hitting the post he’s a passenger.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have been a penalty and red card, wasn't.

Shouldn't have been a free kick that led to the goal, was.

Ref's parents should have had contraceptive advice, didn't.

All that out of the way, we're massively lacking in physical strength against a big ****house team (shock, horror) and heads got a bit squirrelly, but we're only 1-0 down and there's plenty of time to get back in this. I don't see many magic wand options from the bench in fairness, so maybe a tactical switch, preferably one that sees Jonny replaced by a footballer, and go from there.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish first half. Podence, Raul, Jiminez, Johnny bad, the rest not great. Changes needed

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least we're still in it, should have had a pen and been against ten men though, shocking non-decision

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It surprises me immensely that Mouts and Adama started after doing so well off the bench. I would have thought that using them accordingly would make more sense.

I think it was a penalty, but not a stone waller. Ref bottles it. The Jimenez foul that led to their goal was more egregious in my mind as that was in no way a foul.

That being said, we've been poor and deservedly find ourselves behind
I’d guess Sarabia would have started for Adama if he’d been fit.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pundits on sky just made a good point. If it was outside the box, the refs giving the free kick, so how is that not a penalty.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cannot handle the intensity, too many passengers that half.

Inexcusable not to be given a penalty & then that free kick, that leads to the goal, gets given.

Super frustrating half.

We've been awful - though have to credit our last ditch defending. Despite all that, we should still be 1-0 up, if the referee had got it correct. I'm watching pundits now asking why was VAR not used? That is should be a penalty and Pope sent off.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Entertaining game. I don't think we are entirely hopeless.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s down to ten men too

Their free kick is much more contentious

Football away from home is hard so sometimes you hang in hoping for the big things to go your way. Today 2 have gone against, you can accept one one on decisions, hopefully Madeley sees it at HT and makes up for it second half

Back
Top Bottom