Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle v Wolves comms thread.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They make the rules up as they go along. "He got the ball, but then just nicked the player too, so free kick is the right decision". "Yes, there is contact, but he got the ball, so no foul". I've heard both those statements at different points this half. Surely both statements can't be correct as they contradict one another?

Rowzed

Reaction score
Fortunate to be 0-1, but perhaps the second half will improve. Back 5 anyone?

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well it is a huge 15 minutes for JL.

We clearly aren't set-up right, we need to be way more dynamic otherwise they will go on and win 2 or 3-0.

I believe.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Half-time subs incoming.

Cunha and Neto for Podence and Moutinho.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does Madely hate us or is he just a mega-homer? Does he give us everything if he ever refs us at home? Every neutral reporter says we should have had that penalty and Newcastle were lucky to get away with it.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It surprises me immensely that Mouts and Adama started after doing so well off the bench. I would have thought that using them accordingly would make more sense.

I think it was a penalty, but not a stone waller. Ref bottles it. The Jimenez foul that led to their goal was more egregious in my mind as that was in no way a foul.

That being said, we've been poor and deservedly find ourselves behind

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Decent score at HT. We could have been out of it. Needs a big improvement second half, obviously. Neves still getting treatment.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
We’ve been hard done by on a couple of key decisions but lucky to only be 1 down. Said before the game I feared for us in terms of set pieces.

Isak’s movement in the channels is exactly what we need in our side.

I’d probably go 3-4-3 at half-time. Get another centre-back in to defend set pieces and a bit more pace at left wing-back.

Sa
Collins, Dawson, Kilman
Semedo, Neves, Lemina, RAN
Traore, Cunha, Podence

Nunes and Neto ready if still behind after an hour.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sigh. Watching us for far too long is almost always completely devoid of excitement.

It was a penalty mind. Since then we've been lucky not to have conceded at least 2.

Moutinho and Jonny just should not be starting games for us now. Not only do we instantly lose the midfield battle, but we lose what Moutinho can actually bring toward the end of games when necessary.

Get Cunha, Neto and Gomes on.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad it's just 1-0. We have not looked after the ball (when we've had it). Can't cope with Isak and St.M. Not one Wolves' player is dominating his opposite number. Changes required, but I fear Newcastle have already won this match.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s be honest, that was an absolute shambles of a performance. As soon as they scored we fell to pieces. Moutinho, Lemina, Jonny all having stinkers. Podence unlucky with his shot that hit the post but not doing enough when he gets the ball.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the most biased refereeing performances of the season. Every single decision

Dan burn not even a yellow, when really it was a red - completely out of control . Then podence booked for a soft tackle

Podence and moutinho off. We can’t afford passengers and arguably we have 3 in them 2 and traore

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neves was down again got caught by Burn I think at the end.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any surprise we struggle to hold the ball up with Moutinho playing as an advanced midfielder? Every time we play him there we struggle to get into games and invite pressure. I'm not sure why we keep doing it.

The only time we ever look like holding the ball up is when we have Cunha on the pitch.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle are playing well. We can't cope with them at the moment. We're not able to get through their press and we end up kicking it long, but we can't hold it up there either. There's still time to change it. We tend to have a bad half and a good half in matches so hopefully it will be better in the 2nd half.

We can win this!!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plus side is that Newcastle are not the clinical side they were some weeks ago. Only one goal down.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very fortunate to only be 1 down. Jonny looking as poor as you would suspect in such a fast-paced match.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One of the most biased refereeing performances of the season. Every single decision

Dan burn not even a yellow, when really it was a red - completely out of control . Then podence booked for a soft tackle

Podence and moutinho off. We can’t afford passengers and arguably we have 3 in them 2 and traore

I missed that one... so they should be down to 9 men then.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
They make the rules up as they go along. "He got the ball, but then just nicked the player too, so free kick is the right decision". "Yes, there is contact, but he got the ball, so no foul". I've heard both those statements at different points this half. Surely both statements can't be correct as they contradict one another?

Normally depends on whether it’s for or against us.

Podence gets the ball but free kick.
Rauls free kick for the goal I thought was incredibly soft.

Yet Raul gets run into through on goal no touch of the ball and the ****s bottle it. Pope looked more guilty than when he caught the ball outside the box!!!!

****ing *******s

Back
Top Bottom