Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva watch

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with having confidence, but an ego can be a positive and a negative. I think a spell in the Championship would do wonders to his maturity. Plenty of the Premier League's current top strikers were bettered by playing in the Championship - Kane, Ings, Toney, Mitrovic, Watkins, Wilson, Jota plus forwards that are consistent goalscorers now - Maddison, Barnes, Zaha, Jota, Bowen, Mahrez.

I just think he needs roughing up a bit, he clearly has talent, but I'd like to see him develop a bit of a ruthlessness. If a defender pushes you, don't fall to the ground and hold your hands up, give it back a bit. Having that mentality will make or break you at this level.
Needs roughing up a bit? It’s not the 80’s!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's your point? Does that make him good enough for us now? He's miles off it, hence why Lopetegui didn't even consider the idea of recalling him.

That he's not especially weak, so it's a weird thing to pick out as needing improvement.

No, I doubt he is good enough to be our main striker now - you'll note I didn't say that, or anything like it.

Roughing up a bit is a weird thing to want - perhaps you'd be happier if he got a proper haircut too?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That he's not especially weak, so it's a weird thing to pick out as needing improvement.

No, I doubt he is good enough to be our main striker now - you'll note I didn't say that, or anything like it.

Roughing up a bit is a weird thing to want - perhaps you'd be happier if he got a proper haircut too?
And a proper tattoo, not the fancy dan type, a real one. Of a ship. Or a bulldog. Or a bulldog on a ship with a Union Jack behind it.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes. He is not the lead singer of a 70's rock band. He is a footballer and should have a proper footballers haircut. The Doug had a proper haircut. So did Bully. Never did them any harm.

Sorry, been listening to Mark Steel too much.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should be here now. Don't fancy any of our other forwards to get 4 or 5 goals. He would, whilst getting pillared for it.
Pilloried? I don't think he's ever been anything but supported by our fans? There was a recognition that he was v young, new to the league, playing in a side that didn't create much, and not responsible for the astronomical fee paid. Compared with the reception for Morgan or Bright in recent years, I think he got fair treatment off us and would if he returned, provided he was showing effort.

I'd have prefered him at somewhere like Burnley. If the reason he didn't go is because there was concern he wouldn't get time on the pitch then I think that raises more questions.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I mean you also implied that I said I wanted Fabio to have zero confidence when I said he has an ego, you see how this works? No idea what point you're trying to make here really, you already accept he isn't good enough for us now, so why are you carrying on?

I never said he was weak either,
you'll note I didn't say that, or anything like it.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean you also implied that I said I wanted Fabio to have zero confidence when I said he has an ego, you see how this works? No idea what point you're trying to make here really, you already accept he isn't good enough for us now, so why are you carrying on?

I never said he was weak either,

Well, you said he needs humbling ("cause someone to feel less important or proud", Oxford dictionary) so I'd say that's a pretty close approximation to when I said you want him to be "less confident".

If a defender pushes you, don't fall to the ground and hold your hands up, give it back a bit. Having that mentality will make or break you at this level.
And no you didn't say he was weak, but it's hard to read this as anything other than a criticism of him for "falling to the ground and holding [his] hands up".

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
doubt he will start tonight, if they are looking to claw back into the tie, maybe they will view it as dead and he will get a start, but unlikely

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan players are like refugees/economic migrants seeking asylum-& a game of football. Well paid, however. Will they return from exile or start a new life elsewhere?

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PSV barely had a sniff in the first half against Sevilla. Be disappointing if Fabio can't get some time here as De Jong has done nothing.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Yes. He is not the lead singer of a 70's rock band. He is a footballer and should have a proper footballers haircut. The Doug had a proper haircut. So did Bully. Never did them any harm.

Sorry, been listening to Mark Steel too much.
Strangely I thik I'd actually be happier and take him more seriously if he got a proper haircut.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still not going to get in behind or win it and hold it up, though. I like him but I think he’s another 2nd striker.

*Just then he wins a header from a 50-yard ball

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could we score with Sasa in the middle with Cunha on one side and Fabio on the other?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something his detractors won't like, Silva winning a big header in the box before the ball breaks back to him and a clinical finish. Winning a big header for his assist, strong run and pull back for the goal that got disallowed

Almost like some people saw him as an 18 year old and think he's still that 'boy' and that's all he was ever going to be

And if going to PSV was a gamble (which in terms of game time, it probably was), performances like tonight's cameo will help force his way into the team

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good cameo in an unorthodox position.
Won every single header, and looks quick, good vision on the lad too.

He had to be starting for us had we recalled him in Jan.

Loupeteigui may have spunked 40 million when the answer was under his nose. And could cost us the prem.

Granted im being a bit sensationalist.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something his detractors won't like, Silva winning a big header in the box before the ball breaks back to him and a clinical finish. Winning a big header for his assist, strong run and pull back for the goal that got disallowed

Almost like some people saw him as an 18 year old and think he's still that 'boy' and that's all he was ever going to be

And if going to PSV was a gamble (which in terms of game time, it probably was), performances like tonight's cameo will help force his way into the team
He was great in this performance but I watched enough of his Anderlecht matches to see that he’s still no brute in the box.

T

TheConcourse

He’s ahead of Raul and Costa. Simple as that. Should be here.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't score a goal, we're in a relegation battle and our best striker is at PSV.

Only watched from 75 but he was excellent. Genuinely must have won every header. Perhaps should've timed his run better for the offside but that pull-back was brilliant. Then great composure to finish.

Away from that he was putting himself about throughout and was very physical.

Hopefully done enough to get himself in the XI, just a shame De Jong scored and was a threat as well.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And get him a higher profile than he would get, up to his neck in mud and blood, somewhere in a Championship field in darkest Lancashire.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Only watched the last 15mins. Fabio was excellent. Won headers, goal, one assist and the other marginally offside. Great cameo.

Got to say our boy is developing well.

Ref didn't add enough time. Shambles at the end.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't score a goal, we're in a relegation battle and our best striker is at PSV.

Only watched from 75 but he was excellent. Genuinely must have won every header. Perhaps should've timed his run better for the offside but that pull-back was brilliant. Then great composure to finish.

Away from that he was putting himself about throughout and was very physical.

Hopefully done enough to get himself in the XI, just a shame De Jong scored and was a threat as well.
It was the perfect response from him after not being used at the weekend. If he does force his way into the starting line up (and let's be honest, playing like that he should) it'll be a much better experience for him than having an almost guaranteed starting spot at Anderlecht

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the perfect response from him after not being used at the weekend. If he does force his way into the starting line up (and let's be honest, playing like that he should) it'll be a much better experience for him than having an almost guaranteed starting spot at Anderlecht
Although we worry about the lack of game time, he may be fine. He certainly looks like he is enjoying himself. We loaned him out to give him confidence and find the net, and fair play, he has done everything asked if him. Whether he comes back to lead the line for us or not, if he keeps this up he has a big future ahead if him.

Back
Top Bottom