Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The OMG what a day Southampton verdict thread

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apparently Lemina was yellow carded for being the 3rd player running to the referee in an aggresive manner! Is that a law? No, me neither.
I assume you can still appeal to get a red card rescinded? If so, I think we will.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Great win. Lopetegui knows this squad better than we do, and he's been here five minutes.

It wasn't even a particularly aggressive run at the ref, was it? Fernandes would be off every week if there were any fairness. I don't like dissent as it sets a bad example, but you see far worse most games. A better ref (or the same ref in a Sky 6 game) would have took him to one side and calmed him down.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any chance of a Verdict ?? Like we had on the old fashioned verdict page from fans who went?
Just scrolled through 5 pages of this thread , and I've no idea who played well . Us fans who can't go or watch on streams like to read your player ratings .
Ps
What a bloody great comeback..those 3 points could be so important

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
There are some games that, if the narrative played out in a film or a book, you'd just roll your eyes at the far-fetched Hollywood shmaltz. But that game just happened.

Nathan Jones, the David Icke of football managers, slithers into the last gasp saloon. His team roar. Last week's man of the match Lemina gets sent off early for nonsenical reasons. Saints score. Jones feels redemption nestling in his hairy palms. Wolves flounder. Old fears wearily resurface.

An equaliser, scuffed in, but Southampton, despite being the team that's thrown away more points from winning positions than any other, still have extra man and referee advantage. Knife edge.

And then up steps the boy from Brazil, the debutante, the kid who showed loyalty and class and integrity, who kept his word to Wolves over the bright lights of Lyon. The Pitbull. He came to add steel to the midfield, not score crucial goals, right? But there he is. Right place, right time, exquisite finish. Winner.

The legend is cast in old gold, and we'll look back on this game in years to come and forget that we were mostly **** and instead only remember the sweetest possible fade out final scene to FreeJoaoGomes on the day we won 2-1 with 10 men when the chips were down, because of our new immortal hero.

Ryan Reynolds, this is real Hollywood football.
Still, that Gomes goal robbed me of a correct score in the prediction league, which is what really what matters. Absolutely gutted.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only started supporting Wolves to build your brand/ political career

Hope that helps!
Interesting......and there was me just thinking this was a football forum, not a business or cabinet meeting . I am intrigued....

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me sideways, upside down and round the back Joao Gomez. You beauty. That has to be well up there as one of the best second halves I ever seen from the old gold...erm... I mean green! When the dust finally settles and the anticipated hangover has been dealt with, that victory proves beyond doubt that we have a manager with a brain!
Free, e, super Joao Gomez,
Free, e, super Joao Gomez,
He came to the Wolves,
Cos it's the team he loves.
Is a man of his word,
Gave Lyon the bird,
We're singing,
Free, e, super Joao Gomez!
Just the first two lines sufficient

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every so often a game comes along that when it’s finished your hands are trembling and adrenaline cannot stop pumping through your body. Had it a fair few times under Nuno, the likes of Bristol away, Spurs away at Wembley, City a couple of times, the QF versus United, Torino away. Today was the first post Nuno one of those such games.

Few observations…. Starting line up I’m not sure about, but the ability to, and the the skill of how, Lopetegui makes subs to effect games is, well game changing. Thought Traore, Costa and Bueno were all great.

Sarabia is a proper baller isn’t he. Seems to have gone under the radar somewhat but I’d argue he’s one of our best players.

Hope Nunes can come good. Despite today’s euphoria he was yet again disappointing.

Neves is just behind words isn’t he now. Our leader, talisman and, IMO, a genuine world class player. Led by example today.

Love Saturday nights again.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Costa, Adama, and Sarabia looked like quite the threat in the last 30 minutes. Fantastic stuff from them.

Sarabia is an engine. The guy covers as much of the pitch as a midfielder. Once his fitness levels are fully back, he'll be insane.

Costa is so strong on the ball. I think having a player like Sarabia is very good for him. He knows Sarabia knows where to be.

Adama, I've never seen him in the box like that. He wanted to make a difference today, and **** it, that's his goal.
I love Costa, it's like having your "hard as nails* brother with you in the chip shop. Scraps are free. ;)!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that doesn't make you proud to be a Wolves fan, nothing will. What a Special football club!!!!
Special football club, with special players, special manager, special backroom team, special fans, special owners, special cleaner, special chef, special coach driver, special stadium, special training ground.

I’ve always been proud to be a Wolves fan of nearly 60 years even in our darkest days Stourport. Performances like today make it all worthwhile.

One result can either ruin or make my weekend. You can guess what todays result will do. At half time I was all doom and gloom and ready to kick the cat. At full time I was ready to get drunk (I will later)!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Special football club, with special players, special manager, special backroom team, special fans, special owners, special cleaner, special chef, special coach driver, special stadium, special training ground.

I’ve always been proud to be a Wolves fan of nearly 60 years even in our darkest days Stourport. Performances like today make it all worthwhile.

One result can either ruin or make my weekend. You can guess what todays result will do. At half time I was all doom and gloom and ready to kick the cat. At full time I was ready to get drunk (I will later)!
You've forget the tea lady, only the ****ing best in the football pyramid, bar none!

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be more amazed if there even if a Match Interview.

Would be astonished if he hasn’t had a P45 handed to him by now.
Yeah, he's only been there 5 minutes but surely nobody can survive this run of form.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Every so often a game comes along that when it’s finished your hands are trembling and adrenaline cannot stop pumping through your body. Had it a fair few times under Nuno, the likes of Bristol away, Spurs away at Wembley, City a couple of times, the QF versus United, Torino away. Today was the first post Nuno one of those such games.
Under Lopetegui we've already had a last minute of injury time winner at Everton, a thrashing of Liverpool, and 10 man comeback with a late goal from a player on his debut. Been quite a start. Really feels like those special days are back again.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m genuinely looking forward to hearing Nathan Jones’ post match interview to see how demented he is after this result
I actually heard him say on Sky ****e" I'm going to be dead soon, so I'm going to enjoy it" ..No joke ..FFS get a grip man.

Back
Top Bottom