Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The OMG what a day Southampton verdict thread

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s been mentioned but just watched the highlights on the way home, Sarabia showed some real intelligence in the build up to Gomes’ goal - He gives the Southampton player a quick nudge in the back making them bump into each other to let Gomes have a free run at the ball!

Last edited:

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry we really weren’t good in the first half
Perhaps quoting the wrong post? I said:

"Why do people keep saying we were awful first half. We dominated possession and looked really comfortable for the first 20 until the shambolic refereeing got to our players. Then the sending off compounded matters. Thankfully some tweaks and grit helped."

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought I’d save Nathan Jones some time by asking ChatGPT to write his resignation letter…

View attachment 33122
Way too normal for Jones! His would read, with Mr Ancelotti leaving Madrid, I know my name will be in the hat, and all that speculation would detract from the great work we are doing, dmso I’ve decided it’s in Southamptons best interests I resign.

Good luck to big Sam in his new job

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even when we were losing, I still felt we could get something out of the game. I haven’t felt like this since the good Nuno days.
Thought the same. We had some decent spells of possession after the sending off in the first half, Cunha had a half chance, never felt the game was over at 1-0 and to be honest, at 1-1 you'd struggle to have said which side had ten men

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is spookily like many a post match speech… just not one from Nathan Jones!

D7B34571-885A-4324-AFA2-E8067ECD3543.jpeg

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Apart from that Sulaymania, Southampton are a poor poor poor team. I get why their fans want the manager gone but I think most managers would struggle with that group of players. Absolutely no leadership in their team at all.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from that Sulaymania, Southampton are a poor poor poor team. I get why their fans want the manager gone but I think most managers would struggle with that group of players. Absolutely no leadership in their team at all.
No fight either….

Today showed they have zero bottle for a fight.

Also whose idea was it to pass free kicks in prime JWP territory? I am not complaining as it worked to our favour, but what a screw up that is!!!

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Just got back home and been reading this verdict thread. Agree with most.

The ref lost complete control and knew he made a big error sending Lemina off. I think he will be penalised by his superiors for a shocking performance.

JL again made excellent subs and credit to Adama. He stretched them and was always an out ball. Neves found him a few times. Was very good.

Cameo by Costa was exactly what we needed at the time.

Mentions for Sa for keeping us in it, great hand stopping that poor back pass.

Dawson somehow attracts every ball in the box.

Neves is just, just brilliant.

Gomes, love the kid. Amazing scenes when we scored and at the end. Thank you Wolves for an unforgettable day on the coast.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's for you Pete (Goof) hope you enjoyed mate.
Southampton match away was Pete’s last away game before he passed away
Me and him sat next to each other on the coach and in the ground. We had a pub stop in Winchester(same pub as we stayed at today) we ordered food but they missed our order so we ended getting our food as we were leaving so we eat our food on the coach
At half time we were 2-0 down and playing real bad
Pete said to me in the concourse as we was having a beer we’ll win this 3-2. I totally disagreed
Full time Southampton 2 Wolves 3
Pete was bang on
God I really miss Pete what an absolute legend loved him to bits

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought I’d save Nathan Jones some time by asking ChatGPT to write his resignation letter…

View attachment 33122

I've sorted the response for their board. Although I'm pretty sure they'll already have it drafted....

'Write a letter from the Southampton Football Club board of Directors, accepting the resignation of Nathan Jones, a useless, arrogant little man, who has more or less sealed the club's relegation.'

"Dear Mr. Nathan Jones,

We, the Board of Directors of Southampton Football Club, would like to formally acknowledge and accept your resignation as the Manager of the Club.

While your tenure at the club has been marked by a series of challenges, it has become increasingly clear that the situation has not improved under your leadership and that a change is necessary for the future success of the club.

We would like to take this opportunity to express our disappointment in the team's recent performance, particularly in light of the high expectations that were placed upon you as Manager. Your lack of strategic vision and poor results have more or less sealed the club's relegation, causing harm to the club's reputation and putting its future at risk.

Additionally, your arrogance and disregard for the opinions of others have been unacceptable and have contributed to a toxic atmosphere within the club. It is our belief that this situation can only be addressed through a change in leadership.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope that you will take this opportunity to reflect on your actions and learn from the experiences of your time at Southampton Football Club.

Sincerely, The Board of Directors Southampton Football Club"

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 33122

Just in case they are considering this....

'Write a letter from the Southampton Board of Directors, offering the job of player-manager to Matt Le Tissier, despite his age, controversial conspiracy theories and recent bad press, as they believe he is the only man capable of bringing the club back together and scoring the goals to save them from relegation.'

"Dear Mr. Matt Le Tissier,

We hope this letter finds you in good health and spirits. We are writing to you from the Board of Directors of Southampton Football Club, and we would like to extend to you a very special offer.

As you are no doubt aware, the club is currently facing a difficult period. Our team's performance has been disappointing, and we are at risk of relegation. In light of this, we believe that we need a leader who can bring the club back together and help us score the goals to save us from this fate.

After careful consideration, we have come to the conclusion that you are the only man capable of stepping up to this challenge. Despite your age, recent controversial conspiracy theories, and negative press, we believe that your passion, leadership skills, and of course, your legendary ability as a footballer, make you the ideal candidate for the role of player-manager.

We understand that you may have concerns about taking on such a demanding role, especially given your recent experiences. However, we believe that your passion for the club and your commitment to its success will overcome any challenges that may arise.

We would like to formally offer you the position of player-manager at Southampton Football Club. We believe that with your leadership and expertise, you will be able to bring the club back to its former glory and lead us to success.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon and hope that you will accept our offer. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely, The Board of Directors Southampton Football Club"

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton seat was Pete’s last away game before he passed away
Me and him sat next to each other on the coach and in the ground we had a pub stop in Winchester(same pub as we stayed at today) we ordered food but they missed our order so we ended getting our food as we were leaving so we eat our food on the coach
At half time we were 2-0 down and playing real bad
Pete said to me in the concourse as we were faving a beer we’ll win this 3-2 I totally disagreed
Full time Southampton 2 Wolves 3
Pete was bang on
God I really miss Pete what an absolute legend loved him to bits
Too right Gary mate, was getting a bit emotional when I posted that, miss him loads.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Just got back home from Southampton. What a day! My 8 year-old son was the Wolves mascot today. His first match was a year ago and now he’s now seen 4 matches and 4 wins. Players were great with him and the Southampton staff were excellent too.

Only negative was the Idiots kicking off after Lemina’s sending off who went on to knock a lady straight off her seat and kick my son while “celebrating” Gomes winner. Thanks to the kind Wolves fan who swapped seats with us and gave my son some pocket money to buy some sweets when he saw him crying.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just got back home from Southampton. What a day! My 8 year-old son was the Wolves mascot today. His first match was a year ago and now he’s now seen 4 matches and 4 wins. Players were great with him and the Southampton staff were excellent too.

Only negative was the Idiots kicking off after Lemina’s sending off who went on to knock a lady straight off her seat and kick my son while “celebrating” Gomes winner. Thanks to the kind Wolves fan who swapped seats with us and gave my son some pocket money to buy some sweets when he saw him crying.
Well with those stats I hope he's going to the Bournemouth game next week lol

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Hope your lad managed to have a good day anyway.

Back
Top Bottom