Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

WELCOME, João Gomes!!!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So where are we moving the Billy Wright (who he?) statue to, in order to accommodate the JG one?

Suppose it could be put out of the way, between the goalposts at the end we're attacking.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is going on, on the mix. Been away last 2 days and see Joao Gomes links everywhere lol.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Flamengo will keep him there out of spite because he scuppered the old boy network deal. Wouldnt put it past these unscrupulous *******s.

I'm not sure they can afford to. They need the money so as they can sign other players.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else think the bids will come for neves once this lad is signed?
Not in this window. It’s too late.

Anyway, we would be crazy to even consider selling Ruben, while we are in a relegation fight.

Gomes has never played Premier League football and Gomes is in no way an instant replacement for our captain imo.

If Ruben leaves (which will be a very, very sad day) it will be in the summer.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Translating the Portuguese above:

Flamengo has the first decision of the 2023 season this Saturday (28), when the team faces Palmeiras, for the Brazilian Super Cup. In the midst of this, Rubro-Negro awaits the definition of the future of João Gomes until Friday (27), to decide whether or not the defensive midfielder will be related to the confrontation against Alviverde. This depends directly on whether the athlete is sold. If the deal is confirmed, it will not start.

So far, two clubs are disputing the signing of João Gomes. Wolverhampton (ING) and Lyon (FRA). The English team, however, must win the 'fight' to buy the midfielder for 17 million euros (about R$ 94 million). The French team, in turn, failed to 'seduce' the player even after talking to businessman John Textor, a shareholder of the club, with the number 35 shirt.

It should be noted that, until then, João Gomes was reinstated to Flamengo 's squad and trains normally with the team. As Fla has the Brazilian Super Cup match on Saturday (28), against Palmeiras, Mais Querido hopes to resolve the negotiation with Wolverhampton (ING) by Friday (27) to define whether or not the midfielder will be available of Vítor Pereira in the decision.
So Flamengo might keep him

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not in this window. It’s too late.

Anyway, we would be crazy to even consider selling Ruben, while we are in a relegation fight.

Gomes has never played Premier League football and Gomes is in no way an instant replacement for our captain imo.

If Ruben leaves (which will be a very, very sad day) it will be in the summer.
I have to kindly disagree he is our most saleable asset and we are the 5th biggest spenders in europe this season and the books need balancing, plus add in the fact liverpool are desperate and can sign a world class midfielder who is not european cup tied, plus the fact we need a ball winner and battler to drive us up the pitch not someone sitting between the center backs most the game.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I have to kindly disagree he is our most saleable asset and we are the 5th biggest spenders in europe this season and the books need balancing, plus add in the fact liverpool are desperate and can sign a world class midfielder who is not european cup tied, plus the fact we need a ball winner and battler to drive us up the pitch not someone sitting between the center backs most the game.
I don’t think lopetegui agrees

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need him now. He's part of JL's immediate plans to try and keep us up. Barring injury, his stock wont change in a few short months and then he'll be off.

Back
Top Bottom