Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can’t argue with any of that - but as you say, he’s three years younger than Guedes. I think he’ll have a better career on the basis that when it’s not working for him he at least takes good set pieces and works his **** off - when Guedes has off days he does nothing.

As I say, hopefully he will improve as he settles in.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If gibbs-white does well we receive an extra 10 million. 10 million for scott sellars to spend wisely.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn’t want to sign a contract
He had a contract and there is no indication that he would not have stuck to it. You dont know what this new contract might have been like.
Only those who did not either like him or rate him suggest that he has done something wrong yet at the same time like to think he wont make it. Many pundits rated MGW very highly as a youngster and just maybe as a club we have not developed him or played him enough. It took other clubs by his loans for him to shine.
I wonder how many on here who have decried his ability will hold up their hands and say they were wrong if he makes it in a big way?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think MGW is half the player Grealish is, and I don’t rate him that highly.
Guedes hasn’t had a chance due to a totally inept manager!
In all fairness Grealish and Guedes are 27 and 25 and have racked up a lot more games than MGW who is only 22. He was very young when he first played for us and to compare him to both of those you mention is paper thin. Despite Guedes being experienced he has not exactly hit the ground running for all the clamour about him over the last few years. And Grealish some years ago would not have been wanted by many on this site.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had a contract and there is no indication that he would not have stuck to it. You dont know what this new contract might have been like.
Only those who did not either like him or rate him suggest that he has done something wrong yet at the same time like to think he wont make it. Many pundits rated MGW very highly as a youngster and just maybe as a club we have not developed him or played him enough. It took other clubs by his loans for him to shine.
I wonder how many on here who have decried his ability will hold up their hands and say they were wrong if he makes it in a big way?
Not having that, lage was appearing to build the team around him in pre season, captaining him, starting every game, and at the beginning of the season, one of the first names on the sheet.

We accepted an offer which was too good to turn down, im guessing we were new it was going to come.

I just wish lage didnt appear to put all his ****ing pre season efforts , into a front 4 of MGW, Podence, Raul, Neto

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not having that, lage was appearing to build the team around him in pre season, captaining him, starting every game, and at the beginning of the season, one of the first names on the sheet.

We accepted an offer which was too good to turn down, im guessing we were new it was going to come.

I just wish lage didnt appear to put all his ****ing pre season efforts , into a front 4 of MGW, Podence, Raul, Neto
We dont know but maybe Lage wanted him to stay but MGW did not trust those higher than him.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW signed very quickly for Forest and i think he had no intention of signing an extension with us. 35 million potentially is still very good(if forest stay up).

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW signed very quickly for Forest and i think he had no intention of signing an extension with us. 35 million potentially is still very good(if forest stay up).
Or you could say we sold him very quickly. Contracts go both ways. If Morgan did not feel confident that he would be played then of course he would be open to moving on. Forest wanted him more than we did. Would you not go to somewhere where they wanted you/

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or you could say we sold him very quickly. Contracts go both ways. If Morgan did not feel confident that he would be played then of course he would be open to moving on. Forest wanted him more than we did. Would you not go to somewhere where they wanted you/
Where is the evidence we didn't want him. It appears Bruno did.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It was reported by the more reliable journalists at the time, that Morgan had made it known he was unlikely to sign an extension and that the Forest offer was too good to refuse.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no problem with it at all, if he wanted to play 4:2:3:1 then he should have done it, they were the best he had available during pre-season to play that system. Pre-season you home it and get players used to it so that new player slot in as seamlessly as possible. The problem is, like last season he hasn’t stuck to it. It would have made more sense to do pre-season as one half 4:2:3:1 and the other 4:3:3 to bed in both systems with fit players but he did the latter due to injury rather than design. Raul’s injury meant that we started Hwang up front for Leeds but that’s how the system should work. Hwang isn’t an ideal like for like replacement for Raul but it’s better to do that than go to a false nine using a munchkin as the false 9. Guedes had come in when MGW left, they played together vs Fulham and even with MGW leaving Guedes, Neto or Podence can play the middle role of the 3. In fact they should be fluid but for some reason (Lage) they are not.

Since Fulham I don’t think we’ve started 4:2:3:1 so all the effort put into pre-season was for nothing again.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since Fulham I don’t think we’ve started 4:2:3:1 so all the effort put into pre-season was for nothing again.
More this comment bawtry, i was all for him playing the personnel and the favoured positions

But throughout preseason and first games it looked obvious 4-2-3-1 and MGW were mainstays

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The evidence is that we sold him. We didn't need to as he was on contract. True that MGW could have forced Wolves to honour their side of the contract but if a club is propared to sell you then it is not unreasonable to think that you might be better off somewhere else that you know wants you.
As for Bruno he has stated many things he has wanted and not got them so again it would not be unreasonle to think that the blockage comes from above Bruno.
If you look at Spurs they wanted Conte before Nuno but they were not prepared to match what Conte wanted. Afer Nuno they have moved to his demands. Spurs are doing well because they have a real manager.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is doing better on the pitch than I expected.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's had stints in the Premier League for how many years now? 4? And he's had 3 goal contributions in 50+ appearances. He's not a good player at this level. He doesn't think the game fast enough. He's a Championship caliber player. I'm not even sure he's as impactful as Helder Costa, who flopped in the Premier League.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dont disagree with that. The whole “false 9” thing is “emperor’s new clothes” really.
I really wonder if any football fan knows exactly what "False 9 " actually means, completely gone over my head,
Imagine the manager telling the Doog or Richards "you're playing as a false nine today"
The Doog " I'll wear a false beard and raincoat"
John Richards " OK put me down for a flat cap, Sunglasses, and walking stick,
Ready Boss,

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont disagree with that. The whole “false 9” thing is “emperor’s new clothes” really.

Does it not say all you need to know about it that Pep a Coach who helped created the myth went out out bought Erling Haarland as he knew it was not working.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I really wonder if any football fan knows exactly what "False 9 " actually means, completely gone over my head,
Imagine the manager telling the Doog or Richards "you're playing as a false nine today"
The Doog " I'll wear a false beard and raincoat"
John Richards " OK put me down for a flat cap, Sunglasses, and walking stick,
Ready Boss,
Nandor Hidegkuti was the original false 9, gave our own Billy Wright the run around for the Mighty Magyars. Just like the "modern day" formations, all been done before, only they used terms like half backs, WM formation, inside forwards, deep lying forwards, not quite as snappy and mystical as the terms used today though ;)

Back
Top Bottom