Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive heard that we can incur a cost to bring him back in January, FWIW.

But I genuinely don't think personnel is our problem.
If we can bring him back then I think we have to do it. By January, with no fit strikers and no goals, we will be in the bottom 3. Hopefully he will be in a rich vein of form by then.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is quite honestly an absolutely ridiculous state of affairs. Anderlecht have a top striker and we have two crooked blokes and a very under confident Korean with Chem Campbell as main back up. We paid top dollar at 35 million for a player that we have loaned out for relative peanuts in a season where we have desperately needed him. Once again a completely short sighted decision which has left the first team undeniably short of cover. He needs to be bought back irrespective of any financial penalty as soon as we possibly can.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm not sure Silva is the answer, Lage needs a physical target man in the number 9 role. As good as Fabio is becoming I'm not sure that's his strength.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but he's still the same player that didn't score once last season, and Bruno clearly doesn't have faith in him. Maybe you could argue this system suits him more, but the last thing he needs is to be recalled (I don't even think it's possible anyway), have a rough patch, and end up on our bench behind Jimenez. He's gaining valuable experience at Anderlecht.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but he's still the same player that didn't score once last season, and Bruno clearly doesn't have faith in him. Maybe you could argue this system suits him more, but the last thing he needs is to be recalled (I don't even think it's possible anyway), have a rough patch, and end up on our bench behind Jimenez. He's gaining valuable experience at Anderlecht.
I just wonder how much not scoring once was down to him playing 560 minutes of football all season.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just wonder how much not scoring once was down to him playing 560 minutes of football all season.
Do you seriously think that's going to change if he comes back now? I'm pretty sure we can't recall him until at least January so it's a moot point anyway.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you seriously think that's going to change if he comes back now? I'm pretty sure we can't recall him until at least January so it's a moot point anyway.
I would rather have seen him play the first couple of games than have no striker. And given how Raul has started I don't see any reason why he should be a definite starter.
For me it's really bad judgement from Bruno

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hind·sight
NOUN
  1. understanding of a situation or event only after it has happened or developed:
True, but some of us saw it coming, cause it was bloody obvious. He was crocked before we bought him, and Hwang has been shut for a while. Goals were a problem last year. We should have managed this better.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Highlights of the Anderlecht V Leuven game now on YouTube. Fabio seems to have made a big contribution and struck his goal well. Great to see him celebrate and hear the crowd singing his name. Can't wait for his return.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Highlights of the Anderlecht V Leuven game now on YouTube. Fabio seems to have made a big contribution and struck his goal well. Great to see him celebrate and hear the crowd singing his name. Can't wait for his return.
Hes getting 20 goals this year, going to be like a new signing next year gerrim in

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There were plenty of goals scored in the first 560 minutes of this season! Also, it took Fabio 7 minutes to score his first goal in the Belgian league.

He needs this for his next stage of development. Yes, I know I will be accused of being a hater, but you can't escape that the Belgian league is significantly lower standard than the Premier League.

It will be really interesting to see how he gets on against West Ham in Europa, as he started against them 6 months ago in the league and though put in a ton of effort, struggled to make any impression at all. Barely troubled Zouma. Those Europa matches will provide a better idea of how much he is improving,

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone mentioned about us being able to pay a fee in January to bring him back, has this been stated anywhere?

bigwolf

Reaction score
He has scored 4 and assisted 1 in four starts in the Belgium league.

Total of seven appearances with three of those from the bench.

His XG is 2.26.

Safe today he has stated very well.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember Bruno bringing both Silva and MGW on after we went behind to Manchester United last season. The decision was made at a critical stage and neither player had the time to impose themselves on the game consequently we last any momentum we had at that stage of the game. It is great to see Silva doing well for Anderlecht and one wishes him every success in Belgium and hopefully Europe. I would have welcomed seeing Silva being used far more often as a substitute last season but once again Bruno didn't oblige. Frequently Hwang got the nod ahead of Silva and all too often the errors made with MGW were amplified in the case of Silva. The use of substitutes by Bruno often confuses and he appears to have an inability to assess young players and hence to give them an opportunity. If Silva had got anywhere near as much time on the field as Hwang last season, he would have developed as a player and goal scorer.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope he gets that chance on his return and is not just shifted on at a profit on the strength of a good loan season.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether we can or can't bring him back I think, in the medium/long term, it's better for him and Wolves if he sees his season-long loan out in Belgium. Wolves have kind of got themselves into this situation and it is for them to dig themselves out of it, be it with Costa, Carroll, Jimenez, Hwang or Campbell or Bully if he's available?!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope he gets that chance on his return and is not just shifted on at a profit on the strength of a good loan season.
I would find that highly unlikely. Depends how you’re defining ‘profit’, whether that’s above his initial transfer fee, or what remains on amortisation over his contract.

The latter is maybe possible, somebody might take a punt on him at £20-25m, but receiving a £40m+ offer seems unlikely.
Mind you, Villa did spend over £30m on Wesley who had only done it in the Belgian league, and was correspondingly gash.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is quite honestly an absolutely ridiculous state of affairs. Anderlecht have a top striker and we have two crooked blokes and a very under confident Korean with Chem Campbell as main back up. We paid top dollar at 35 million for a player that we have loaned out for relative peanuts in a season where we have desperately needed him. Once again a completely short sighted decision which has left the first team undeniably short of cover. He needs to be bought back irrespective of any financial penalty as soon as we possibly can.
I think it was the right decision although his replacement should have been immediately in place. Even with the Costa signing we need another striker signed in January. Jiminez will probably not be with us beyond this season imv.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a funny feeling he is playing in a lesser league, looking good and will score a hatful in advance of a lucrative move back to Europe (Spain or Portugal) next season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a funny feeling he is playing in a lesser league, looking good and will score a hatful in advance of a lucrative move back to Europe (Spain or Portugal) next season.
I suspect that he will be back with us and Raul will move on at the end of the season. Why in God's name would we release Fabio just when he is really ready to go for us.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I very much doubt we will sell him on the back of a succesful season, barring an MGW style offer.

Back
Top Bottom