Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally think he got lucky re Nunes, despite his tweet on it being eerily spot on. However, I would happily be proven wrong and eat humble pie if what he’s saying here is true. Would be an insane signing

Ramos is the better buy honestly.. I will eat my own excrement if we sign evanilson and this bloke/lady gets it right

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally think he got lucky re Nunes, despite his tweet on it being eerily spot on. However, I would happily be proven wrong and eat humble pie if what he’s saying here is true. Would be an insane signing

Getting more unbelievable by the second - Evanilson would top Nunes in terms of a signing - PCLOSS really pushing their luck here.

Old Heathen

Groupie
Reaction score
Losing track here with all these names being mentioned. Does anyone know how many
home grown players we need in a match day squad .

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Losing track here with all these names being mentioned. Does anyone know how many
I don't think we 'need' homegrown players. We are just limited to 17 non-homegrown players who are over 23. So having homegrown players is more about being being allowed to have a bigger squad.

That's my understanding at least I could be wrong.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What if a team does not have eight home grown players?​

A Premier League club can choose not to have eight home grown players as the maximum squad size is 25. So if a team has five home grown players then they can register only 22 players in their roster.

There are no limits on the number of foreign players in the starting XI of a Premier League side.

Wolves current home grown

Kilman
Collins
Sarkic
Ronan
neto
cundle
campbell

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you are conflating ‘has a club ever not played a player to avoid triggering a clause’ with ‘is that realistic in this instance’. I don’t think it’s remotely realistic with MGW & Forest as he’s their marquee signing … I don’t really think you do either…
As to you not thinking it’s a good deal fair enough, time will tell…
Agree time will tell. I am however not conflating anything. I have just simply said that clubs have not played a player because it would have triggered another amount they would have needed to pay. That is fact. That means it could happen but not that it is likely to happen.
None of us know the exact terms of this deal. We dont know what the terms would be if Forest were to sell him. The only thing we will know if it comes out how much he will be worth in the future as opposed to how much we received for him.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What if a team does not have eight home grown players?​

A Premier League club can choose not to have eight home grown players as the maximum squad size is 25. So if a team has five home grown players then they can register only 22 players in their roster.

There are no limits on the number of foreign players in the starting XI of a Premier League side.

Wolves current home grown

Kilman
Collins
Sarkic
Ronan
neto
cundle
campbell

Neto isn't and never will be Home Grown, as he was 19 when he joined us.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cannot see the evanilson rumour to be true, be northwards of 65 mill plus

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why in earth would he do that? We gave him a contract, and if we want him gone and have no outside interest, need to pay it up. If not we're no better than Barcelona!
Cause it is affecting his career...... nobody wants him ....cause they don't want to pay a % of 65k a week....it's big money for the type of clubs who would be interested..... If he was on a free he might get a decent contact, say 2/3yr deal in serie b and can concentrate on his football again.....he might end up without a club at this rate ....not playing.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cause it is affecting his career...... nobody wants him ....cause they don't want to pay a % of 65k a week....it's big money for the type of clubs who would be interested..... If he was on a free he might get a decent contact, say 2/3yr deal in serie b and can concentrate on his football again.....he might end up without a club at this rate ....not playing.
With his background, once he's a free agent there will undoubtedly be interested parties. The best way would be to offer to pay the difference of his salary for any new contract with another club.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All players are available at the right price

If MGW IS 44.5 imagine shi’s price on Neto
One of my favourite singers was Tim Rose who many will not even know of. He was American but had more success over here. Big guy with a great sense of humour and a deep brown voice. One concert I saw him at he introduced his next song something like - I know would like to sing for you my hit record in your country 'Morning Dew' which my manager tells me was a big hit here but my Bank Manager assures me wasn't.
You can say 44.5m but our Bank Manager would assure us it was 25 less expenses.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Bout time we knocked on Porto's door again, been hanging around with Sporting ad Benfica a bit too much, I miss or old friends up the north!

BTW would he be our first ever Welsh/Brazilian signing?

Koop

Reaction score

Agreed, think he might of got seriously lucky with the Nunes thing and has now tripled down, he didn't really tweet much before that and now he is super active, that said him deleting his account for a few days after dropping "info" about how transfers work at Wolves does seem like someone who got a *******ing off their source.

Super skeptical - But happy to eat humble pie

Last edited by a moderator:

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why in earth would he do that? We gave him a contract, and if we want him gone and have no outside interest, need to pay it up. If not we're no better than Barcelona!

It's quite common really - say a club offers him 60% of his current salary, we might pay him off for the other 40% - we save money, he gets to play football.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bout time we knocked on Porto's door again, been hanging around with Sporting ad Benfica a bit too much, I miss or old friends up the north!

BTW would he be our first ever Welsh/Brazilian signing?

Just as we get excited when Jorge Mendes is pictured at our games or in Wolverhampton, these Portuguese clubs must dread the sight of him sniffing around!! :tearsofjoy:

T

TheConcourse

Seeing lots of rumours about Neto being available at the right price.

Hoping Guedes isn’t his replacement.
Controversial, but I think we’d be willing to lose him for the right price.

I’m not sure Neto is the inverted forward that Bruno necessarily wants. He’s very much a conventional winger attacking space, which I’m not sure he’ll get heaps of width in this side.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Ramos is a replacement for Neto and Bruno wants 3 genuine strikers in the attacking positions who are more comfortable playing narrow, which is why he’s running with three CM’s.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this what I think it means?

A voice so deep, it can make one crap one's pants?
Yep he actually started life studying for the priesthood until he was kicked out for inappropriate behaviour. He also did the original version of the rendition of Hey Joe which of course then made Jimi Hendrix a big star.

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Have absolutely no idea re the rumour but surely if we planned to spend on a striker anyway and Gibbs White has gone which by all accounts wasn't factored into our spending then why couldn't we now spend that much if it meant getting the right player.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what has already been said its most likely Ramos who will be coming, as Lage has had phone calls with him and wants him at Wolves.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Controversial, but I think we’d be willing to lose him for the right price.

I’m not sure Neto is the inverted forward that Bruno necessarily wants. He’s very much a conventional winger attacking space, which I’m not sure he’ll get heaps of width in this side.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Ramos is a replacement for Neto and Bruno wants 3 genuine strikers in the attacking positions who are more comfortable playing narrow, which is why he’s running with three CM’s.

Had the same thought. Neto is far and away most comfortable when he's flying down the left touchline.

Not to the same extent as Traore on the right, but both more traditional wingers than inside forwards.

I think Neto can adapt though. Maybe when Guedes is starting, Neto will move over to the right and we will see more of what he can do there.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's quite common really - say a club offers him 60% of his current salary, we might pay him off for the other 40% - we save money, he gets to play football.
I dont have a problem with this type of arrangement. Its perfectly reasonable. My issue is asking a player to rip up their contract without them receiving their full share of what is left owed to them.

If he is going to drop to Serie B we'll be paying most of it though, as from what I can gather they have a salary cap of €150k per year plus the same on bonuses. That's less than €3k per week. So if he is on £65k we'll be paying a hell of lot!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with this type of arrangement. Its perfectly reasonable. My issue is asking a player to rip up their contract without them receiving their full share of what is left owed to them.

If he is going to drop to Serie B we'll be paying most of it though, as from what I can gather they have a salary cap of €150k per year plus the same on bonuses. That's less than €3k per week. So if he is on £65k we'll be paying a hell of lot!

I'd be surprised if he's on that much even though he did come from AC - and I'm certainly not believing it it's from that damn Sportrac site!

But regardless, that's where you come to an agreement, if his new club pays 20% of his current salary, and we top it up with 50%, he swallows the difference to not ruin his career any further, and we save money for the year.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Jota got booed from some of our fans mate. Some of our lot are morons ....shame really.
Diogo was great for us.
And for me as a young man in a foreign land he had a superb professional attitude. I will never forget his attitude when he wiped the floor with Leicester and Maguire in the pre season game.

JoshyWWFC

Reaction score
From what has already been said its most likely Ramos who will be coming, as Lage has had phone calls with him and wants him at Wolves.
He said in his press conference that he hasn’t contacted him but are exploring other options at ST

Koop

Reaction score
Agreed, think he might of got seriously lucky with the Nunes thing and has now tripled down, he didn't really tweet much before that and now he is super active, that said him deleting his account for a few days after dropping "info" about how transfers work at Wolves does seem like someone who got a *******ing off their source.

Super skeptical - But happy to eat humble pie
This being said though he does seem to know what he's talking about, he said earlier Wolves aren't interested in Goncalo Ramos and this has been confirmed by Bruno in his presser just.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On team news: "Just Chiquinho (is out) and we have three groups to take care of - the group who started the season, the players like Raul, Semedo, Adama and Joao who have started training, the other group is Guedes and Nunes who need to understand our routines." #wwfc

Whos in the XI tomorrow !!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree time will tell. I am however not conflating anything. I have just simply said that clubs have not played a player because it would have triggered another amount they would have needed to pay. That is fact. That means it could happen but not that it is likely to happen.
None of us know the exact terms of this deal. We dont know what the terms would be if Forest were to sell him. The only thing we will know if it comes out how much he will be worth in the future as opposed to how much we received for him.

No… we don’t know the ‘exact’ terms. We do have however respected journalists (Percy) saying mid thirties is extremely likely. I think that’s good value. His future value is a matter for speculation and debate. I think we’ve circled the same points enough times now to be honest…

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
One of my favourite singers was Tim Rose who many will not even know of. He was American but had more success over here. Big guy with a great sense of humour and a deep brown voice. One concert I saw him at he introduced his next song something like - I know would like to sing for you my hit record in your country 'Morning Dew' which my manager tells me was a big hit here but my Bank Manager assures me wasn't.
You can say 44.5m but our Bank Manager would assure us it was 25 less expenses.
Didn’t he do the fabulous track ‘come away Melinda’?

Back
Top Bottom