Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly, Collins does seem very vocal.

But secondly, most teams don't have a Coady, and a lot of them manage fine! While he's a great character, footballers don't need to have basic instructions shouted at them all game, despite what Coady and the people who sit behind me seem to think.
I think you are doing Coady a disservice if you think all he did was 'shout basic instructions'. He was more than that. He was a great character, loved by all within the Wolves' dressing room and a catalyst, linking the foreign players to the club.
All who know Conor (and I don't), describe him as an organiser, a team man, a consummate professional, and a great personality.
Above all of that, despite what some think, he can play football - you don't get to play for a Premier League club and the national side, without being able to do so.
In my opinion, we are missing someone with the leadership qualities of Coady in the dressing room. I'm not sure at the moment how we will replace what Coady brought and hope that we don't regret sending him out. Neves, for all of his skills, doesn't strike me as a natural leader.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A striker and, if I’m being greedy, a left back and this is a 9.9/10 window.

It can’t be 10/10 because we weren’t ready before Leeds and I won’t forgive Jeff for that

Really? Its been suggested that Nunes would never sign before the 15th. Should we have thought sod it and got Palinha instead just so we could play Leeds with a new signing?

I'm sure Bruno would have wanted players earlier but would rather wait for the right ones.

Don't think Jeff will be losing sleep over your forgiveness. Especially not for 0.1/10 impact :)

CologneWolf

Reaction score
In my opinion, we are missing someone with the leadership qualities of Coady in the dressing room. I'm not sure at the moment how we will replace what Coady brought and hope that we don't regret sending him out. Neves, for all of his skills, doesn't strike me as a natural leader.
This is just a part of the evolution within the squad that needed to happen, that many of us have continually called for over for the last 6 months. However, naturally it will be a divisive topic.

You may disagree, but Neves captained Porto in the champions league as an 18 year old. There are many that must see something in him.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
A striker and, if I’m being greedy, a left back and this is a 9.9/10 window.

It can’t be 10/10 because we weren’t ready before Leeds and I won’t forgive Jeff for that
Surely it should be nunes and Guedes that you can’t forgive? I doubt it was Jeff holding the transfer up. Maybe we should have walked away once we knew they wouldn’t be ready before Leeds ?

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score

Really?

So if a player wasn’t or aren’t available because of various reasons like the selling club is looking at replacements and won’t sell until they have, or the player is looking at other options, that’s Jeff’s fault is it? Ridiculous comment! Have a word with yourself mate. Surely it’s better to wait for the right player? Or would you have said “sod it, get Palinha in cos Nunes is dragging his feet”?

I’m getting to the stage where I’m starting to really dislike a lot of Wolves fans. Their sense of entitlement and arguments boil my ****!

The amount of brain dead idiots on Twitter last night spouting off because Wolves hadn’t announced Nunes was embarrassing. I’m really not sure how some folks get through a day.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you are doing Coady a disservice if you think all he did was 'shout basic instructions'. He was more than that. He was a great character, loved by all within the Wolves' dressing room and a catalyst, linking the foreign players to the club.
All who know Conor (and I don't), describe him as an organiser, a team man, a consummate professional, and a great personality.
Above all of that, despite what some think, he can play football - you don't get to play for a Premier League club and the national side, without being able to do so.
Yes - I said he's a great character!

I think Neves also has something about him - didn't he captain Porto occasionally before he even came to us?

I think in England particularly we're too quick to conflate loud and shouty (and weirdly, tall) with being a good captain. My point is really, that while I think Coady is a good captain, I also think it got a bit over-hyped because he's such a visibly (or perhaps audibly!) good captain. There are plenty of good captains who aren't like that, and yet have the respect to drive their team on.

Also, the post I was originally replying to was talking more about his organising of the back line than the captaincy itself - now unless our defenders are headless chickens, I do think some of the stuff he shouted was a bit redundant.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pity our first two games weren’t Liverpool and City, but hey ho.

Fulham does feel like points dropped and Leeds wasn’t brilliant.

We’ve got a tiny bit of catching up to do now while we settle everything down - but it’s definitely going to be exciting!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pity our first two games weren’t Liverpool and City, but hey ho.

Fulham does feel like points dropped and Leeds wasn’t brilliant.

We’ve got a tiny bit of catching up to do now while we settle everything down - but it’s definitely going to be exciting!
Not so sure about that. Two heavy thumpings may have put Guedes and Nunes off coming at all....

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly, Collins does seem very vocal.

But secondly, most teams don't have a Coady, and a lot of them manage fine! While he's a great character, footballers don't need to have basic instructions shouted at them all game, despite what Coady and the people who sit behind me seem to think.
Defence is about organisation, they all do need to talk. I guess ultimately we will see.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From keens article

It is understood that Wolves will now turn their attentions to bringing in a striker, with Raul Jimenez currently sidelined with a knee injury and Silva out on-loan in Belgium.
For me it's really bad that we let Fabio out before bringing anybody in. Was expecting a replacement a lot quicker than what we have got so far.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defence is about organisation, they all do need to talk. I guess ultimately we will see.
I said on another thread that in the absence of Coady , Sa and Collins need to step up. Sa is the natural gobby one so its on him principally, especially as he wants to command his area. To do that effectively he needs to do a lot of chatting.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From 2016 to the present day, Wolves have spent around £450m on transfer fees. They have brought in 65 first-team players either permanently or on loan in that time.

Of that £450m, it is estimated around £330m has been spent on players who are either Gestifute clients, or are in the Mendes network (like the Talent Thrones agency run by Cardoso), or in a deal facilitated by Mendes. That covers 43 of the 65 players Wolves have brought in.

So Fosun have spent £450m on transfer fees since purchasing us six years ago. Combined with the initial outlay of £45m for the club itself that is an investment of around half a billion pounds. Sure, the club as an asset will now be worth much more than they paid back in 2016 - but it is fair to say we did not see this coming when selling the family silver to Bournemouth and Fulham back in the last season under Jackett.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Fosun have spent £450m on transfer fees since purchasing us six years ago. Combined with the initial outlay of £45m for the club itself that is an investment of around half a billion pounds. Sure, the club as an asset will now be worth much more than they paid back in 2016 - but it is fair to say we did not see this coming when selling the family silver to Bournemouth and Fulham back in the last season under Jackett.
Net spend will be somewhat lower than £450M though as we've sold players too.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its also more than the previous 100+ years combined. And people still moan

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really?

So if a player wasn’t or aren’t available because of various reasons like the selling club is looking at replacements and won’t sell until they have, or the player is looking at other options, that’s Jeff’s fault is it? Ridiculous comment! Have a word with yourself mate. Surely it’s better to wait for the right player? Or would you have said “sod it, get Palinha in cos Nunes is dragging his feet”?

I’m getting to the stage where I’m starting to really dislike a lot of Wolves fans. Their sense of entitlement and arguments boil my ****!

The amount of brain dead idiots on Twitter last night spouting off because Wolves hadn’t announced Nunes was embarrassing. I’m really not sure how some folks get through a day.

Crikey someone’s a sensitive little soul over a throw away jokey remark aren’t they?

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
So, what ya reckon striker wise?

Can we afford to wait for Ramos, or should we try to get Silva or Batman in quickly?

I'm unsure as we'll hopefully get a confident and goal hungry Fabio next summer.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, what ya reckon striker wise?

Can we afford to wait for Ramos, or should we try to get Silva or Batman in quickly?

I'm unsure as we'll hopefully get a confident and hoal hungry Fabio next summer.
Ramos and Fabio work well together for Portugal's U21s....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s 3 genuine first 11 signings, without losing any guaranteed starters.
Really couldn’t have hoped for more.
If the window closed now we’d have to be happy, an additional CF would be the cherry on the cake, but I’d still be content if that was us done.

I imagine a player like Nunes would make the 433 with a false 9 system work better.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Witness the uncle George Masterplan in action.

The way this window has panned out it looks to me like uncle George had it all mapped out in detail for the club some time ago. He had the players lined up they all new which of their colleagues were coming and approximately when. Therefore they had committed beforehand with the full knowledge of what they were getting into and who was going to be with them. That is exactly why Moutinho signed back up, Neves is staying and MGW was not moving to Forest. We were asked to be patient, senior figures Guo, Mendes, Lage and Shi have kept repeating to fans informally do not worry we have it covered. Without revealing what was afoot their was little else they could really say?

The striker (and probably full back) I believe will be one of the final pieces uncle George has planned and pre-agreed. It is looking to me like it is going to be Ramos but if it's not it will be a top drawer striker.

Believe...... 'If you don't have a dream how you gonna have a dream come true'.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of Dendoncker, Moutinho & Gibbs-White who do we think Lage would select as the starting third CM in a 433 alongside Neves & Nunes?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of Dendoncker, Moutinho & Gibbs-White who do we think Lage would select as the starting third CM in a 433 alongside Neves & Nunes?
Depends who we’re playing. But I’m biased and would have Moutinho all day every day.
Moutinho, Neves, Nunes. It’s like a dream. Not even a feasible dream. True madness.

I hope we remember this moment and treasure it. It won’t be long before we want Lage out because he only finished 5th…

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a bloody window with a striker to come. Last years meltdown wasn’t going to repeated and I can’t explain why I just felt all along players would come. And how. I didn’t expect the quality of player we have added. We’re shopping at the top table here of the best young talents around. With Fabio only going to benefit from a year of man’s football send Cundle to do the same and we have 2 proper talents on our hands for next year also.

Now I know the window isn’t closed and we may be targeted for the likes of a Neves, Neto, MGW out of those 3 and I’d like to keep all 3 the key is Neves if we lose the other 2 disappointing as it would be we would cope. Just got to get Neves to sign that deal.

COYW.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely it should be nunes and Guedes that you can’t forgive? I doubt it was Jeff holding the transfer up. Maybe we should have walked away once we knew they wouldn’t be ready before Leeds ?

or MAYBE

We could see that my response is tongue in cheek and someone (mentioning no names) could develop a bit of a sense of humour on the subject?

Back
Top Bottom