Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Shirt Sponsor/Reveal

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Why do Newcastle have a better Castore Wolves shirt than Wolves do? :laughing:
That’s more Blackpool than Wolverhampton :)

Also noticed their second strip on that site( which also is of Navy colour by the way) with the comment;
"Pattern on the sleeves inspired by the architecture of St James’ Park."

That seems to be in fashion right now.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Also noticed their second strip on that site( which also is of Navy colour by the way) with the comment;

Agreed, not exactly old gold. But a much nicer design than what we’ve been given for our home shirt.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Why do Newcastle have a better Castore Wolves shirt than Wolves do? :laughing:
Unbelievably Newcastle haven't got a suitable kit for this weekends trip to Brighton so they are having to wear their pre match top ( which to be honest is a cracking shirt).
Ridiculous though with 3 Kits released that they all clash.

Attachments

• inbound6898597057907318327.jpg
    inbound6898597057907318327.jpg
    856.4 KB · Views: 101

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The best of these this season is Bournemouth, whose jagged shirt stripes are ‘inspired’ by the iconic pillars at the mighty Vitality Stadium :tearsofjoy:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
The best of these this season is Bournemouth, whose jagged shirt stripes are ‘inspired’ by the iconic pillars at the mighty Vitality Stadium :tearsofjoy:
Then Bournemouth fans (yes, there are a few of them) found that other teams were also using the same jagged stripes template. So the question was, are these other clubs' shirts also inspired by the iconic pillars of the Vitality Stadium? Basically the club outright lied to them about the concept behind the kit and later had to apologise for the "misunderstanding."

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then Bournemouth fans (yes, there are a few of them) found that other teams were also using the same jagged stripes template. So the question was, are these other clubs' shirts also inspired by the iconic pillars of the Vitality Stadium? Basically the club outright lied to them about the concept behind the kit and later had to apologise for the "misunderstanding."
I do wonder if the same is true of our away shirt. Though of course there is no other club using the same template to prove that.

MontyR

Reaction score
Can't find the original Castore thread but thought I'd put this in.

Went into JD Sports today for some socks. Left with a pair of Castore shorts, gym top and 1/4 zip (none of it Wolves stuff). The quality blows Adidas and Nike out of the water, and to be fair I expected it to cost more with the prices I saw online. Works out a bit cheaper than each of the items on the "pro" section of the Wolves site.

FOSUN must manufacture the majority of the items in the Wolves shop with Castore taking care of the pro versions of the Wolves kit I'm guessing.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to the shop at about 1.30pm today and they've already sold out of XL in the replica away shirts,unless you wanted one with Hwang printed on it.

No sign of any of those matchday training shirts in any adult sizes.

Walked out of the shop and looked on the online store and they had both in stock,so ordered off there instead and will chance my luck with just how long they take to arrive!

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Can't find the original Castore thread but thought I'd put this in.

Went into JD Sports today for some socks. Left with a pair of Castore shorts, gym top and 1/4 zip (none of it Wolves stuff). The quality blows Adidas and Nike out of the water, and to be fair I expected it to cost more with the prices I saw online. Works out a bit cheaper than each of the items on the "pro" section of the Wolves site.

FOSUN must manufacture the majority of the items in the Wolves shop with Castore taking care of the pro versions of the Wolves kit I'm guessing.
Re the last paragraph, this was made common knowledge as soon as the deal with Castore was announced, that is why our replica shirts are cheaper than say Villa or Newcastle.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Got to the shop at about 1.30pm today and they've already sold out of XL in the replica away shirts,unless you wanted one with Hwang printed on it.

No sign of any of those matchday training shirts in any adult sizes.

Walked out of the shop and looked on the online store and they had both in stock,so ordered off there instead and will chance my luck with just how long they take to arrive!
Noticed that today, barely any of the new training stuff available apart from the female versions. Disappointing for our first home game of the season.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It must be hard for any design company to come up with a theme every season so they can market a "new" shirt to supporters and make it different enough from the last one.
It was hard enough with 1 shirt a season and home and away changed alternately every 2 years.....but 3 shirts a year is a joke, they just have to come up with any old bull**** because we've seen every colour possible by now.

Last night's commentator did remark on both Wolves and Fulham playing in traditional clean colours with simple shirts and how refreshing it was to see.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Having now seen the new home shirt in person, both on the players and in and around the club shop, I still don’t like it.

Too much going on. Frustrating that Castore can knock up a nice simple design for Aston Villa, but we have to have all sorts of blocks and lines on ours.
Same here , first time seen up close ( on players and in the shop ). Prefer the away but do I really want to spend 55 notes on it? Really bugs me that we are the only team in Britain with Castore logos on the sleeves, would look better (not much though) without them.
The chap behind me was wearing the new black warm up top, very smart, thinking about getting that, £20 cheaper than a replica playing top and no Royal Caribbean logo to ruin it.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re the last paragraph, this was made common knowledge as soon as the deal with Castore was announced, that is why our replica shirts are cheaper than say Villa or Newcastle.

It’s fairly noticeable the difference between the regular and pro replicas. Other than the minor additional vent holes, the pro material itself is different - lighter and more breathable than the regular replica. Likely makes no noticeable difference to the average fan wearing them to a game, but would I’m sure were you to play a game in them. Think that’s to he applauded since the saving for the average fan is very significant.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having now seen the new home shirt in person, both on the players and in and around the club shop, I still don’t like it.

Too much going on. Frustrating that Castore can knock up a nice simple design for Aston Villa, but we have to have all sorts of blocks and lines on ours.
It's the blockiness that ruins it for me. Both Castore's home shirts have been ruined by there needless jazzing up of a basic design.

Looks like an afterthought - how can we make this kit less boring? A black rectangular panel - I've nothing against breaking up the primary colour with the secondary colour, but do it with some style FFS.

i get that the black panel ties in with the black shorts - which themselves have needless boring gold block panels - but it's just so boring.

i like an understated kit, but there's a difference between classy and boring, despite both sharing a lack of detail.

Preston Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Agreed, also hate the fact that it is the colour of a marigold glove.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Agreed, also hate the fact that it is the colour of a marigold glove.
Wrong colour (unfortunately our official tone of gold now)
Stupid black lines by the collar,
Unnecessary castore wings on both sleeves,
Hoping for much better next season as for a change the sponsor doesn't ruin the shirt (apart from the red bit).

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume there will be no third kit this season?

Was told on a recent stadium tour that one was coming, but that supply issues were delaying it, as it has delayed kit supplies for some other clubs. It was from the horses mouth so to speak as the club guy responsible was in the room when the question was asked. No dates were shared.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got the Pro away kit on Saturday. Really like the design and the quality is top notch.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I like it, without that monstrosity of a sponsor looks decent. I don't really buy kits other than the 3rd if it takes my fancy.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just as a cherry on the cake, how good did Forest look this weekend without a shirt sponsor? Nothing against Astropay which is 100% more easier on the high than our previous takeaway restaurant menu but I would pay double for the option of no sponsor. (Surely, the sponsor wouldn’t be too fussed as they pay for the matchday TV exposure?)

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Just as a cherry on the cake, how good did Forest look this weekend without a shirt sponsor? Nothing against Astropay which is 100% more easier on the high than our previous takeaway restaurant menu but I would pay double for the option of no sponsor. (Surely, the sponsor wouldn’t be too fussed as they pay for the matchday TV exposure?)
What?

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You know what I mean, the shirt sponsor is really paying for the brand exposure they get via the shirts on TV and media. They wouldn't be too fussed about a few thousand overweight bodies in a non-sponsor/clear shirt not promoting their brand.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

You know what I mean, the shirt sponsor is really paying for the brand exposure they get via the shirts on TV and media. They wouldn't be too fussed about a few thousand overweight bodies in a non-sponsor/clear shirt not promoting their brand.
Oh you mean not on the fans shirt, sorry misread. Guess could just offer the rest of the money to the sponsor to potentially placate, as you say at extra price can't see it selling as many especially being different to the one players wear.

Back
Top Bottom