Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict: Wolves Vs Fulham

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Dendoncker was fine and made some key interceptions, pretty sure he cleared the rebound from the pen. Hwang and Podence, totally agree

Simply doesn't offer us anything going forward and slows down every attack that's near him with constant passing backwards.

This is one of the main reasons we create next to nothing going forward and won't improve until the likes of him and the other pair I mentioned are replaced with better players.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Instead of 5 defenders and 3 attackers we now have 4 defenders and 4 attackers but crucially still no one to pull the strings and create in mf. Neves was the star at Leeds and did ok today but he's becoming more and more defensive which leaves us Dendonker who doesn't score and doesn't create. Podence, Neto and MGW, all young but all 3 are inconsistent and imv as a 3 are not the answer. The answer is, and has been for 2 seasons now, a dynamic, attacking mf and a goalscorer. Wolves, for whatever reason, just don't seem to want to put in place the final pieces of the jigsaw.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No focal point again severely hurting us, Hwang and Guedes clearly can't play with their backs to goal, so it's unfair to judge them on this. Just desperately lacking a centre forward right now. Ait-Nouri again with a poor performance, and arguably at fault for all three goals/penalties so far this season, so I'd go with Semedo and Jonny next week as we continue to adjust to playing in a new system.

Sa - 8 - Excellent save from the penalty, had one scary moment off a corner but otherwise a much better performance than last week.
Jonny - 6 - I still don't feel it's up to Jonny's usual standards, but he really tried to contribute in an attacking sense.
Collins - 7 - Felt he was solid throughout, good on the ball, commanding.
Kilman - 7 - Same as Collins, just very assured. The one big plus out of this game, is both centre backs did play well against a bully like Mitrovic who had a very quiet game.
Ait-Nouri - 3 - Half-hearted in tackles, gives the ball away far too much, at fault for another penalty. Needs dropping next week.
Neves - 7 - Got stuck in more than usual I felt even in spite of his ridiculous yellow card.
Dendoncker - 6 - Can't fault his effort today, but we need an upgrade next to Neves badly. Dendoncker is just cumbersome.
Neto - 6 - Not sure how he didn't score today from two massive chances, so disappointed in that sense, but he kept trying.
Podence - 5 - Gives the ball away a lot, doesn't show himself for passes when teammates are in trouble. Poor.
MGW - 6 - Fully committed today, especially worked tirelessly to support Jonny. The flicks and tricks just aren't coming off at the moment. I want to see him start as the #10, rather than having him stuck out wide. If he's central he's doing more damage, and surely can't be any worse than Podence was today.
Hwang - 5 - Very quiet today, and the one big chance he did have, he made a bit of a mess of it.

Guedes - I think he's best on the left cutting onto his right, so I don't want to judge his performance playing as the #9, but it's yet another reminder of how badly we need to get a centre forward in.
Traore - Barely touched the ball, but did put a couple of tackles in which is good to see, he can't go walk about in this system.

I would drop both Podence and Ait-Nouri next week for Semedo and Guedes. Ideally we either sign a striker or Jimenez is back next week, because other wise it's going to be painful to watch again.
Could not agree more

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Played well in parts....

Too slow from the back at times. Podence's worst game for a long time.

I thought overall MGW and Donk were our best players. Got to be more decisive going forward.

Mitrovic was rubbish and should have been sent off, ref bottled it.

Could be worse we could be Man Utd or Leicester :)

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People need to watch the highlights

We clearly cut them open with a tactical play of receiving the ball, getting the right side of their team. Out of position and playing a ball in behind .

Still can’t understand how people blame Bruno after the Neto , hwang, and Mgw misses. Absolutely terrible by all 3

4evawolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Crazy that people are having a go at Bruno. Absolutely no patience despite a promising start in performances to this season

Another game with fosun have cost us. No striker and it just doesn’t work. If we had mitrovic we win by 3/4 goals.

Final ball / shot was so poor today. Either delayed pass , or mis hit pass, or stupid flick. Neto should have scored and Mgw missed an open goal. These chances have to be taken. No excuses from them.

We need to go 4-3-3 to dominate more games but as we know don’t even have that third midfielder.

Main downfall today was collins and kilman being SO SLOW in possession. Whole tempo of passing was far too slow and too many opportunities to get in behind were missed.

Promising on the whole, but fosun are costing us games here. Not entirely sure what Bruno is meant to do other than get the cbs to pass quicker, but we are two games in Ffs . Get a grip

Moment for the ref - shouldn’t referee again. The timewastinf is a disgrace and mitrovic 2 yellow card incidents to not get a red was honestly outrageous .
2 games in what about the last 11 games last season totally out of his depth

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Should have won - could have lost.

Early days so give them time - Gibbs White seems to have beefed up etc since last sighting in Wolves shirt - some great tricks but far too many.

Semedo will be big asset - perhaps put Jonny at left back.

think we need an attacking midfielder and another forward.

Traore was on for last 15 plus 7 added mins and not once did we manage to get ball to him in one v one with their left back.

i thought their left back - Robinson - was decent -

Paulihna looked decent too - a leader.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New formation, same old problems. I like the centre half partnership but the full backs worry me, they're going to cost us goals.

We seriously need to bring a top number 9 in, not a back up for Raul, but a replacement. A top number 9 and a dynamic midfielder are needed otherwise it'll be the same old same old and a long hard season awaits.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New formation couple of new players, hopefully couple more games in we will have it sorted. Today though we were a bit pants.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I think it was a good result in as much the main man can now see how much a player that can score goals would make suc a difference to our result
Come on Guo get the cheque book out sign a blank cheque to Uncle Jorg
You know it makes sense

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have won - could have lost.

Early days so give them time - Gibbs White seems to have beefed up etc since last sighting in Wolves shirt - some great tricks but far too many.

Semedo will be big asset - perhaps put Jonny at left back.

think we need an attacking midfielder and another forward.

Traore was on for last 15 plus 7 added mins and not once did we manage to get ball to him in one v one with their left back.

i thought their left back - Robinson - was decent -

Paulihna looked decent too - a leader.
Tbf Traore just stood on the line,never looked like making any space for a pass
Semedo managed to get on the ball enough in last 10 minutes,Traore just doesnt want to be here

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good game first half, second both teams were out on their feet

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope, like Brentford away last season, we give them a taste of their own medicine at Craven Cottage and beat them at their own game. The cheating/timewasting...sorry, gamesmanship, was beyond embarrassing!!!
Should of won, could of lost but overall it wasn't too bad a performance, though we never looked like scoring a goal. Special mention for the referee, whom I thought was abysmal!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Poor game, think 0-0 is bang on for both teams. We huffed and puffed but we’re so shy when it comes to the getting the ball in the box and having a go. Hopefully Guedes will help with that. Fulham such a poor side, glad we never brought that Palhinha he’s no improvement on what we have.

Pleased for Sa saving the penalty he had a dodgy game last week so let’s hope that will get his confidence back up.

Collins was great never gave Mitrovic a kick. What an absolute scummy bloke he is by the way.

We’re up and running, 1 point from Leeds and Fulham isn’t a great start let’s be fair but well get better.

Could be worse could be Man Utd.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very slow and another hard watch.

I notice the reactions to MGW's performance on here and I really don't get it. I thought he was our best attacking player today.

And Neves getting some praise as usual. I thought he was very ineffective and slow. Dendoncker was surely our best central midfielder - won lots of duels and broke up play very well.

Kilman and Collins did well while Jonny and RAN were well below par.

And Bruno? He is very lucky to be managing a Premier League side.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup.

I'm normally positive as a person but those are the facts.

Bruno needs to do more.

One thing that was a genuine positive was the cleansheet.

We are due a good start to a season though.
Or the players just need to take their straight forward chances

Two games two good performances now considering the change to a back 4.

Things are looking promising under Bruno

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a very poor start of the season for us.
Both Leeds and Fulham is low quality teams..and we have managed to get one point from them.
I don´t know what it says about our team really...but for sure it ain´t looking good.
RAN very very clumpsy giving a stonewall pen away.
Sa MOTM for us on that save from Mitrovic.

I cannot recall a single attempt on goal the whole second half.

I fear for us this season,I really do.
Bare minimum this season - We need three teams worse than us come May. Hopefully it won’t come to that and we’ll get some momentum

Man Utd are leading the way I guess

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait nouri is a bit exposed in a 4. Nothing against the lad but his decision making needs to improve.

all 4 in attack are struggling to create chances in that game, perhaps credit to Fulham but we looked bang average and not fluent to the new system.
Talksport post match said it was a poor game with both sides not being very good in the final 3rd. Should be of particular concern for Wolves given their struggle for goals. Some nice flicks and interplay but no focal point up front.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
RAN has had a poorish start to the season but it would be a huge mistake to drop him in my opinion. If we are supposed to be building something here for the future then we need to stick with it, his ceiling is much better than Semedo or Jonnys. I do agree with the view he is a better wing back than full back though.
Nouri isn’t and never will be a full back. And you can’t change from a 5 to a 4 with him in the team

Balti Pie

Reaction score
Poor game and two poor teams on that showing. There was no cohesion or interplay whatsoever. Players didn't look in their most effective positions for me - i.e. MGW looked too wide, Hwang isn't a number 9 and can't play on his own, Ait-Nouri in a four doesn't get up the pitch as much and when he does it leaves us exposed.

Positives, liked the look of Collins, looks solid enough and has very good distribution along with Max. Guedes looked sharp.

If we can add 2 quality first team players (CM and a striker) and get Semedo, Raul & Moutinho fully fit we should be ok.

Other gripes. Food and drink prices too high. Speakers still inaudible. Steve Bull is very tired. Atmosphere was quiet. Half-time entertainment would be nice (like the mini-games they sometimes play).

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah i thought Guedes would offer more back to goal but he is much smaller than I realised. Seems really samey to what we have which is my worry. Obviously not writing him off or anything and he starts next week even if we get a forward in.

Neto
Other
Guedes

MGW

Neves
Other

RAN
Collinsman
Semedo

Perhaps?

He's very much like Jota and Neto. As we saw, he can play upfront as a second striker. Just runs the channels etc. But lack the ability to hold the ball up.

Don't get the best from him either. He wants to drop deep and get on the ball

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This isn’t meant to sound harsh but it may come across that way, to some.

We definitely need the attacking mid and a natural goal scorer (minimum), we have known that for ages.

My main concern is that the team/squad isn’t well balanced, imo. That will perhaps be aided, IF we bring in the right type of players. As much as I love and admire our Portuguese players, I can’t help but think, too much of one thing is never a good idea.

Neves and Semedo aside, they are all a bit like for like and a bit lightweight in the challenge. We have too many players that have the same attributes. I am not saying they aren’t great players to have in the squad but we can’t fit them all into the first 11.

We need players that have other attributes, strong in the tackle, driving forward with ball, high energy and being able to hit that thing that’s 24’ by 8’ would help.

I think we will struggle to take many points off of any of the top sides this season so then you look at best of the rest. My concern is that technically our players are as good if not better than most of those sides but only in certain areas and teams like Palace. Brighton, Brentford, etc will get results against us because they are physically stronger. We will get bullied out of so many games, is my fear.

Back
Top Bottom