Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Guedes.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him and Danny Baker on a Sunday night are the best thing on talksport
Only real downside to Tim Vickery is if you manage to catch multiple people/shows talking to him across a week, you get exactly the same reports, word for word! Does have very good knowledge of South American football though and knows his stuff

Also think it's Danny Kelly you're on about on a Sunday night, not Danny Baker ;)

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only real downside to Tim Vickery is if you manage to catch multiple people/shows talking to him across a week, you get exactly the same reports, word for word! Does have very good knowledge of South American football though and knows his stuff

Also think it's Danny Kelly you're on about on a Sunday night, not Danny Baker ;)
I know, corrected myself earlier

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. Watched bits of pieces of various matches over the weekend and noticable how often other teams get 3 or 4 in the box. Sometimes, for a team on top (eg Arsenal v Palace) it would be 5. As no team has more than 3 forwards, that's midfielders getting in there, too. And even more amazing, moments later, those same midfielders are back winning the ball on the half way line.

This has been pointed out so often, can only assume it is down to the qualities of the players we have, not formation or anything deliberately tactical.

Aside from that, still not sure we move the ball quick enough in the final 3rd. Maybe linked to the lack of arriving support. Too much stopping, twisting and turning, which allows opponents to get back and reorganise.
Agreed re numbers in box (that is partly handbrake as well as athleticism - chicken and egg) and also speed of moving ball - any coincidence that our goal was from a raking Neves ball to Neto and an early cross?

We may be able to play clever 1-2s but players need to be close to each other not miles away.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moreover is the variety of goals he scores, left foot, right foot, head, and he can really spank them from range. Hopefully we don't coach that out of him like we did with Neves because that quality is very useful for a team that struggles to score goals.
Given that Lage worked with him at Benfica youth, you’d hope he wouldn’t stop him doing that!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen something on Twitter by someone Portuguese who says it's something like "Gee-desh" - with the 'sh' being a Portuguese sh, you know like Ruben Nevsh - like a soft, long 'j' but hey, maybe Tim is the expert...
I think I might have been that person on Twitter, but I'm definitely not Portuguese! :D

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You need to understand that there is a minority on here that would find something to moan about even if we did the quadruple. Chronic moaners.
Ridiculous... How can you say that. What nonsense etc etc :)

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You need to understand that there is a minority on here that would find something to moan about even if we did the quadruple. Chronic moaners.
It's terrible, there's only a few of us keeping the standards up on here. :grin:

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Danny Kelly is on a number of shows on Talksport, particularly the Monday night show from 7-10pm..
That is an excellent show as well. By far and away the best presenter on Talksport, knows his music as well. Comes across as a really nice bloke who you could spend an evening in the pub with, unlike some of the knobs on that station.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is guedes seen as a striker too? I thought he was a winger.

This signing might convince other players in europe to join. As a striker you would love the thought of having guedes and neto to supply you with chances.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This signing might convince other players in europe to join. As a striker you would love the thought of having guedes and neto to supply you with chances.
I think he is one of those roaming forwards that can play on the wing but are restricted there and are better when the formation allows them to move across the front line.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Biggest first team ready signing for me since we tied Jimenez up on a permanent deal ....
To be fair, I think Collins was also first team ready. It's what we've all been crying out for. Quality over quantity. Obviously still lacking a striker and central midfielder, but very happy with both of those signings.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be an excellent signing. Hopefully it didn’t mean MGW is leaving to pay for it. Guedes, Belotti and Nico on loan and we’re looking a lot better.
On
To be fair, I think Collins was also first team ready. It's what we've all been crying out for. Quality over quantity. Obviously still lacking a striker and central midfielder, but very happy with both of those signings.
But has he actually signed yet? Nothing on the OS.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FZpMgD6WYAAU1JU

Somebody has posted this on Twitter!!

@WWFCArlo

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Last couple of seasons he has played as a roaming striker apparently.

Back
Top Bottom