Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure him travelling to Spain would’ve done any harm to anyone. Even if he ended up leaving the following day. Can only think they thought the move was imminent. Hopefully it’s sorted soon so he can start a proper pre season.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, we weren't waiting for a replacement striker then after all. I have a feeling we are done for this window.
Really really can't see us being done especially with Silva going out on loan, confident a striker will come in or else the loan makes zero sense (before someone says Traore two completely different situations).

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So, we weren't waiting for a replacement striker then after all. I have a feeling we are done for this window.

I did say I was told that the Silva confirmation will be the best news possible... gonna be an anxious couple of days for me watching any links waiting for names already mentioned to me now.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really really can't see us being done especially with Silva going out on loan, confident a striker will come in or else the loan makes zero sense (before someone says Traore two completely different situations).
Havn't we already signed the prolific Hwang?

Ragnar

Reaction score
I did say I was told that the Silva confirmation will be the best news possible... gonna be an anxious couple of days for me watching any links waiting for names already mentioned to me now.
Who has been mentioned to you?

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has the name been linked to us yet

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs games so this is for the best, even if it's left us a little short as it stands. Our investment in him is way more important.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which names are they then?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this thread next season as no matter what he does, if Wolves aren’t scoring enough it’ll be something to hold against the club.

He doesn’t score, £35m flop, what a waste.

He score some but not much, found his level, he’ll never be good enough.

Scores loads, ffs why is he playing in Belgium when he should be leading the line for us.

Going to be a great weekly read.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent read

1658224495123.png
Quite an incredible stat really and a reminder that Fabio is still extremely early in his career

A year out will do him a world of good and I fancy we'll have a hell of a player on our hands 23/24

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That must mean a striker coming in. I think huang will do ok down the middle personally but we need a new option who can actually get goals.

If we see huang play wide forward this year I'm gonna lose my ....

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs games so this is for the best, even if it's left us a little short as it stands. Our investment in him is way more important.

Agree. The worst thing that could happen now is he goes to Anderlecht and doesn't play!!!

Checking the way Anderlecht set up, they predominantly play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, so he should be starting in either!

Down to him now.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent read

Interesting read, but to some extent it reads like a list of excuses for Fabio - Didn't score at all last season, but has good movement. Doesn't hold down a permanent place in the team, but has played more matches than anyone born since 2002. Etc...
Unfortunately, strikers are judged on goals and Silva struggles to score goals. Yes, he's weighed down by the fee and the hullabaloo when we signed him, but he's been at Wolves for 2 years now and is still struggling to get into the team and score goals.
He has time on his side, especially as we have him for an additional year and we all hope that the Anderlecht loan is the making of him, but if he struggles there, then where?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting read, but to some extent it reads like a list of excuses for Fabio - Didn't score at all last season, but has good movement. Doesn't hold down a permanent place in the team, but has played more matches than anyone born since 2002. Etc...
Unfortunately, strikers are judged on goals and Silva struggles to score goals. Yes, he's weighed down by the fee and the hullabaloo when we signed him, but he's been at Wolves for 2 years now and is still struggling to get into the team and score goals.
He has time on his side, especially as we have him for an additional year and we all hope that the Anderlecht loan is the making of him, but if he struggles there, then where?
Very fair points. Gabriel Jesus ' stats suggest he missed too many chances but....guess what ...he scores a lot and is he understandably rated highly.

Your last point is the real conundrum I hope that we don't face.

Another one is what if the striker we bring in scores a bucketload and Jimenez gets back to his best? That would be a nice problem to have!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this thread next season as no matter what he does, if Wolves aren’t scoring enough it’ll be something to hold against the club.

He doesn’t score, £35m flop, what a waste.

He score some but not much, found his level, he’ll never be good enough.

Scores loads, ffs why is he playing in Belgium when he should be leading the line for us.

Going to be a great weekly read.
Scores a boat load but then gets a bad injury. ****ing pitchforks all over the show.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to the guy. Price tag or not, I hope he gets his head down (not suggesting he doesn’t normally before anybody points a finger!), gets some game time and gets some goals. I’d love to see his confidence flourish.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I mean, everyone struggles to score goals playing for us because we are glacially slow in possession, and we barely ever have more than 2/3 players around the box at any given time.

OJtonner90

Reaction score
I'm with the majority in thinking this is a great move all round, but can't help but wonder - if Fosun knew we'd be sending Fabio out on loan two seasons after signing him, do you reckon they'd have gone through with signing him?

£35m is an awful lot of money after all.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh goody more game time for Hwang :p

Good luck to the kid, hope he smashes it

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm with the majority in thinking this is a great move all round, but can't help but wonder - if Fosun knew we'd be sending Fabio out on loan two seasons after signing him, do you reckon they'd have gone through with signing him?

£35m is an awful lot of money after all.
Yes, the footballing outcome was secondary in this money laundering exercise.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All interesting stuff. I wonder if he will ever kick a ball for Wolves again?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean, everyone struggles to score goals playing for us because we are glacially slow in possession, and we barely ever have more than 2/3 players around the box at any given time.
Good point, but we didn't pay £35 million for everyone of our players. Silva was bought for that amount for his potential to be something special. Now is the time for that potential to be realised.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Good point, but we didn't pay £35 million for everyone of our players. Silva was bought for that amount for his potential to be something special. Now is the time for that potential to be realised.
The price tag doesn't cause the lack of chances for him or any other striker we have or make us one of the most boring teams in the league.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The price tag doesn't cause the lack of chances for him or any other striker we have or make us one of the most boring teams in the league.
No it doesn't, but the expectation is greater, the higher the price. Agree that we are boring to watch and that a prime Ronaldo would struggle to score for us, but I'd bet he would create more chances for himself than Silva has done.
Just an example and in no way am I comparing Silva to a prime Ronaldo. ;)

Back
Top Bottom