Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If anyone wants some sort of report on him

Knowing the way this window has gone so far, wouldnt be surprised if it was Wolfsburg and not us after him.

We wont be signing this guy or any others that immediately improve our first eleven outfield team. Just like previous windows. The proof will be in the pudding at Leeds away when no doubt there will be no fresh blood in the starting eleven.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wonder a little if the Fabio Silva transfer has damaged our trust for Mendes. However which way you look at it, a club record £35m for an 18 year old that wasn't even close to being ready to play at this level did set us back when we could have invested that in other positions of higher priority (at the time Jimenez was at his peak), and I do wonder if that caused somewhat of a rift in that relationship.

We seem to be pushing far more in this window for players that aren't from his stable. Whichever way you look at it, our relationship with Mendes has been extremely productive for us, as no chance in a million years do the likes of Jota and Neves join us in the Championship as well as Jimenez, Moutinho, Neto, Semedo, Ait-Nouri, Sa, Podence in the Premier League.

Moving away from that into the wilderness of having to do the persuading yourself seems to have thus far backfired on us immensely. The number of players that have reportedly turned us down over the last two summers is ridiculous. If you can't convince these players that the project hasn't stagnated into midtable mediocrity then why would they want to join us over other clubs either competing in Europe, or genuinely aspiring to be in Europe, that can offer a similar wage package to us.

Why would someone like Sven Botman or Matheus Nunes choose to join a mid-table club that has no aspirations to spend beyond their means? Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate and Fosun haven't shown a willingness to do that since the transfer window when we came up, so no wonder prospective players view our 'project' as unappealing.

To me we are struggling to attract players and it is obvious why. You only have to watch Shi and Sellars interviews a few week back to realise. Low key and downbeat and hardly inspiring. Its obvious to me where this summer is heading and it isnt for first team ready signings as I reckon the line up at Leeds will prove.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I didn't want it to come to this but with the lack of signings due to the hard sell of playing for WWFC I think it leaves us little choice but to offer the services of our better halves.
I know the thought of countless lonely nights with just your own company, a crate of beer, the TV and deafening, stress/nag free peace and quiet is scary but your club needs your women.
I'm going to email the club in the morning and tell my Mrs what's going on.
Let's see the likes of Nunes try and turn down some of the finest the west midlands has to offer.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'd have been needing first team regular football. Bedding him in doesn't do him any favours especially if neves does stay and he's behind him in the pecking order. It's only mental if we now let neves go given the fee for Paulinha
I don't mean give him 10 minutes here and there. He would have a bit of a buffer to find his feet, get used to the pace etc, with Mouts the dependable backup to take the heat off (as there's no way on earth Mouts should be playing week in/week out anymore). Then he hits the ground running next summer.

It seems like the absolute perfect signing at the perfect time to me, but hey all faith in Scott Sellars eh...

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I didn't want it to come to this but with the lack of signings due to the hard sell of playing for WWFC I think it leaves us little choice but to offer the services of our better halves.
I know the thought of countless lonely nights with just your own company, a crate of beer, the TV and deafening, stress/nag free peace and quiet is scary but your club needs your women.
Let's see the likes of Nunes try and turn down some of the finest the west midlands has to offer.
At least you've been spared from eating dog ****

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not on the negotiating team. Perhaps £30 million then.
Big spenders Man City wanted Calvin Philips and paid £45 million.
That is a top marker for me.
I think 3 years ago that could have been £75 million. And Neves £50 million.
The values are depressed post-covid and tougher FFP rules coming soon.
If we dont cotton on we will not be able to buy at the reduced rates .
lol the same reduced covid bonanza that saw Grealish signed for £100M?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Phillips is crap, i truly have no idea what anyone sees in him. Huff and puff and little quality, a Dave Edwards without the goals.
Wow! I think Neves is a more desirable player, I think Neves is a better player but I also think Phillips is very good. I think they have two very different skill sets and would probably work very well together.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow! I think Neves is a more desirable player, I think Neves is a better player but I also think Phillips is very good. I think they have two very different skill sets and would probably work very well together.

Honestly think he is a current Danny Drinkwater. Overhyped for being English

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leo reportedly didn't..... and after the first six months didn't score again (on the pitch at least).....

SEKOTN

Reaction score
I think we will hear something over the weekend. Probably Sunday.

Just a feeling.

I trust the club but if this window is a failure I will lose faith…..

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the club realise that if we go into the new season with the same squad as last year, less those who have left and will be leaving, and add ‘squad’ players as support we will be in trouble. Bruno will shut up shop as he did after we lost our opening games and it will be a grim battle of attrition to scrape out enough points to stay in the PL.

Don’t think they are that naïve or stupid.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloke on facebook claiming his mates been drinking with sellers tonight. Supposedly he has told them traore and gibbs white are staying although traore wants out. We have no money and relying on neves to go. Only transfer target is collins from burnley. He is getting pelters but he is adament this is what was said

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloke on facebook claiming his mates been drinking with sellers tonight. Supposedly he has told them traore and gibbs white are staying although traore wants out. We have no money and relying on neves to go. Only transfer target is collins from burnley. He is getting pelters but he is adament this is what was said
Also moutinho not signing as we are only offering one year deal

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, i cant see that being true. In our only transfer window until January, and basically our head of football is at the pub drinking. Its just some random on facebook rewording whats been said in the media.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City seem to , and they are pretty astute.

I think if they could get Neves for 45 million thats who they would sign. They are just using him as a squad player to pad out their English quota. He will be just like Ake for them.

MelbourneWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
This is truly depressing.
Not one new signing before the start of training, we have priced Neves out of the market so no new blood can see us as an opportunity to springboard to a bigger club right now ala Jota. No faith at all in the Shi/Sellars $^*& show. Seemed to have lost faith in Mendes or the other way round. Where to from here?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did they even announce Hwang? Maybe they saving that for our marquee transfer deadline day signing

They already announced him back in January to relieve the disappointment of that window. This window, they will probably give in on Moutinho and then announce him with the fanfare of a new signing, as it’s looking like he will be the only senior player we (re)sign. Failing that, maybe Neves signing a new contract will be the highlight… it’s sad isn’t it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems highly unlikely. In the current social media world anyone supposedly that loose lipped wouldn't keep a high profile job for very long.

Editing to add: Not shooting the messenger.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems highly unlikely. In the current social media world anyone supposedly that loose lipped wouldn't keep a high profile job for very long.

Editing to add: Not shooting the messenger.

I agree. Although I used to hear some very loose lipped counterparts at other companies in airport lounges!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is truly depressing.
Not one new signing before the start of training, we have priced Neves out of the market so no new blood can see us as an opportunity to springboard to a bigger club right now ala Jota. No faith at all in the Shi/Sellars $^*& show. Seemed to have lost faith in Mendes or the other way round. Where to from here?
Well if you paint such a gloomy and pessimistic picture, your last sentence “ where to from here?” can only be logically answered one way.
Bad places and situations.
Nothing else would make sense if we use your view of Wolves.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember the good old days

Transfer Rumours Summer 2018

Edit… looking back through that thread, it’s crazy how largely negative and panic stricken it appears. Plus how late our business was. Some absolute crackers in the replies too.

Last edited:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't mean give him 10 minutes here and there. He would have a bit of a buffer to find his feet, get used to the pace etc, with Mouts the dependable backup to take the heat off (as there's no way on earth Mouts should be playing week in/week out anymore). Then he hits the ground running next summer.

It seems like the absolute perfect signing at the perfect time to me, but hey all faith in Scott Sellars eh...
Why haven't palace, Brighton, Leicester, West ham, Everton snared him at such a low fee if he's 'that' good?.....

Only newly promoted Fulham were interested, does that not tell you something

Reactions: DPE

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Assuming we don’t have a pot to **** in I have one simple question .Why are we so broke ?Jeff said FFP was not an issue and as recently as the last window he re-affirmed that money wasn’t an issue it was merely down to not being able to attract the right players .

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming we don’t have a pot to **** in I have one simple question .Why are we so broke ?Jeff said FFP was not an issue and as recently as the last window he re-affirmed that money wasn’t an issue it was merely down to not being able to attract the right players .
We are not broke, we are operating as a business and spending what we earn.
Wages at approx 70% of turnover plus the operating costs of Compton and the ground mean there isnt much left over unless we sell players, and thats our model now.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
cant believe ive got up and still nothing...not even mouts,...if we have already done the video for his resigning then where is it ? at least it would give the fans something...feels like a real shambles at the mo

T

TheConcourse

We are not broke, we are operating as a business and spending what we earn.
Wages at approx 70% of turnover plus the operating costs of Compton and the ground mean there isnt much left over unless we sell players, and thats our model now.
But they don’t sell players?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said Jonzy. For a while now Ive been feeling so deflated at their lack of ambition. Appreciate the sensible ‘sustainable’ approach, but theres no willingness to push us further. Dont get why they are content at seeing our first team so threadbare. Lets be honest, Fosun have lost interest in what happens on the pitch.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hes decent enough but imo has shown very little last season to say he will kick on
Neves far better passer,and technically miles ahead
Philips has more mobility but little else for me
Phillips much better dribbler, all his defensive numbers are better. He's just a pure DM, Neves can't play that role

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Spot on here Jonzy, the bigger concern is ‘why’ we can’t attract the right players. Or more worryingly, any players it would seem at the moment…

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think if they could get Neves for 45 million thats who they would sign. They are just using him as a squad player to pad out their English quota. He will be just like Ake for them.
Do people really not understand styles of players? Where does Neves fit in at City? Phillips is replacing Fernandinho and will play a decent amount.

Back
Top Bottom