Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must say I am of the opinion that every so called rumour on this thread..not to mention the previous one..is of fudge colour.
I refuse believe anything on here.
I´m sorry.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst we are at it, have zero doubt that Phillips is now a fully paid up member of the cosy club. Not going to spend anymore money, I know, let’s get Jonny to release an article how we nearly went skint…40 ****ing years ago ffs.

How about going back about 60 odd years, when we were the best team in the entire world.

Had enough of this bull****.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If anyone wants some sort of report on him

Knowing the way this window has gone so far, wouldnt be surprised if it was Wolfsburg and not us after him.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
You should be ITK Cologne ;)

I've never heard of him, I haven't watched his YouTube clips and Dan hasn't said he's good on FIFA yet. Waiting on Trings approval.
Nah, all I know is I know nothing. Unfortunately my club is in the 3rd division.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we move on now ?

Leeds v Wolves 6 August .
Over the next couple of weeks you'd expect something happening if it was going to. People have been slitting their wrists for the last two weeks though.....

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether Neves is staying or not, unless we have a rabbit up our sleeve, which I doubt we have, then it’s ludicrous to not sign Paulinha. Easiest signing we could ever make. Fulham ffs.
Thought we were all in agreement though that we needed more of an attacking type to add to the middle?? Paulinha isn't that yet we're all upset for not getting a player who wouldn't make any difference to our current style of play that we've criticised...

We could have easily had him without doubt especially over Fulham but given the fact we have to use the money we have on areas that are needed it wasn't a move to make if neves was staying. Its quite simple

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
****'s sake. Good job someone can be ***** to go to Croatia on a scouting mission

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear... What a drop in calibre. His reputation has been ruined after the end of his time with us and his awful stint at spurs.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we were all in agreement though that we needed more of an attacking type to add to the middle?? Paulinha isn't that yet we're all upset for not getting a player who wouldn't make any difference to our current style of play that we've criticised...

We could have easily had him without doubt especially over Fulham but given the fact we have to use the money we have on areas that are needed it wasn't a move to make if neves was staying. Its quite simple

The reason we didn’t go for him is that (we think) Neves is staying. That’s good if true. But the issue is that had we sold Neves for say 60m, and bought Palhinha for 20m, then we would have had 40m for additional strengthening. So if unlimited funds, then we should be happy we kept Neves. But since our funds are not unlimited, then maybe not the best outcome for the squad.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over the next couple of weeks you'd expect something happening if it was going to. People have been slitting their wrists for the last two weeks though.....
My personal opinion is that for so long we have known our weaknesses , squad size, the spine, the four at the back issue.

We are never going to buy the big names , so the type we are after , like Patricio, Jota, Jimenez, Boly , a young Neves we should have tied this type up by now.
The fact they havent makes me think we probably wont add much at all. Hence the wrist slitting by many.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Jeff Shi will be unveiling mesut ozil tomorrow outside Poundland in the Wulfrun centre . I can't go into further details but new club captain apparently.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You should be ITK Cologne ;)

I've never heard of him, I haven't watched his YouTube clips and Dan hasn't said he's good on FIFA yet. Waiting on Trings approval.

Unfortunately FIFA has been terrible for years. Shame really.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we need more than a starting eleven ffs!

We probably get one more season out of Neves at best, one more of Mouts at best, and then all of a sudden we need 3/4 new midfielders this time next summer. Sign Palhina now, bed him for a season and we have an experienced international ready to lead us forwards for the next 3/4/5 seasons.

It's absolute madness not to sign him, defies belief honestly.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Greasy for £100m?
Yeah they dont know what they are doing. I think Grealish was a poor purchase on the rebound from Kane.
But they had a choice Neves or Philips. Perhaps Man Utd may buy Neves for £70 million .

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah they dont know what they are doing. I think Grealish was a poor purchase on the rebound from Kane.
But they had a choice Neves or Philips. Perhaps Man Utd may buy Neves for £70 million .
The problem is like milner how many games they going to start at ****y . So any player going there will always struggle unless world class

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reason we didn’t go for him is that (we think) Neves is staying. That’s good if true. But the issue is that had we sold Neves for say 60m, and bought Palhinha for 20m, then we would have had 40m for additional strengthening. So if unlimited funds, then we should be happy we kept Neves. But since our funds are not unlimited, then maybe not the best outcome for the squad.
It's mental if we passed on him if neves does go of course.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we need more than a starting eleven ffs!

We probably get one more season out of Neves at best, one more of Mouts at best, and then all of a sudden we need 3/4 new midfielders this time next summer. Sign Palhina now, bed him for a season and we have an experienced international ready to lead us forwards for the next 3/4/5 seasons.

It's absolute madness not to sign him, defies belief honestly.
He'd have been needing first team regular football. Bedding him in doesn't do him any favours especially if neves does stay and he's behind him in the pecking order. It's only mental if we now let neves go given the fee for Paulinha

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Apparently Jeff Shi will be unveiling mesut ozil tomorrow outside Poundland in the Wulfrun centre . I can't go into further details but new club captain apparently.
After finishing football, Ozil is rumoured to be considering a career as a professional E-Sport player. True story. Anyways, as you were...

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Also how many centre backs have they bought over the last few years who didn’t work out?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wonder a little if the Fabio Silva transfer has damaged our trust for Mendes. However which way you look at it, a club record £35m for an 18 year old that wasn't even close to being ready to play at this level did set us back when we could have invested that in other positions of higher priority (at the time Jimenez was at his peak), and I do wonder if that caused somewhat of a rift in that relationship.

We seem to be pushing far more in this window for players that aren't from his stable. Whichever way you look at it, our relationship with Mendes has been extremely productive for us, as no chance in a million years do the likes of Jota and Neves join us in the Championship as well as Jimenez, Moutinho, Neto, Semedo, Ait-Nouri, Sa, Podence in the Premier League.

Moving away from that into the wilderness of having to do the persuading yourself seems to have thus far backfired on us immensely. The number of players that have reportedly turned us down over the last two summers is ridiculous. If you can't convince these players that the project hasn't stagnated into midtable mediocrity then why would they want to join us over other clubs either competing in Europe, or genuinely aspiring to be in Europe, that can offer a similar wage package to us.

Why would someone like Sven Botman or Matheus Nunes choose to join a mid-table club that has no aspirations to spend beyond their means? Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate and Fosun haven't shown a willingness to do that since the transfer window when we came up, so no wonder prospective players view our 'project' as unappealing.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are different players but unlike quite a few on here I rate Phillips and he will do very well at Man City, in my opinion.
Sure he will. But as I said is he worth more than Neves ?

No way ho say

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'When Wolves went bankrupt - 40 years on'

Another piece from Jonny Phillips.....strange time to do a story about this..
Never a strange time, aren't you a wolves supporter? You know we love nothing more than chaining ourselves to the anchors of history and warn others about it.

Back
Top Bottom