Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potential players also want to see that the club interested in them have ambition, wealth and foresight within the Premier league .
I can't believe we can't buy a few players before we sell ?
If players and their agents perceive we are a penny pinching low end club that could easily drop due to lack of ambition and investment they won't come .

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Im not the panicky sort and relatively confident in our ability to go into next season with a stronger first team. However, i am starting to get concerned around the literal sell to buy scenario we seem to be in. Surely this is what the australian lender is that we use to bridge the gap between for purchases vs player sales and tv revenues.

No one is putting up 70m for neves and if thats the figure we are waiting for then im concerned we are going into next season much the same as the last two seasons. This team is crying out for change, its stale, flat.

Are we just so much more risk averse than othee teams, see leeds this year spending raphina money before he is sold, or villa last year with the grealish money. Perhaps a neves sale is not as far down the line as those transfers are/were, which again gives me cause for concern. Theyve had more than enough time to get their ducks lined up and they are naieve at best if they though barcelona were going to come through after the shambles with traore.

I dont want money spent for the sake of it, but most of us recognise that min 2 x midfielders and 1 x central defender is required. I wouldnt be concerned about going for guedes, minamino etc, getting more pace down the spine of the team has to be the be all and end all this summer.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signings will come, but Wolves never sign players early in transfer windows..we're on the mendes carrousel and have to wait for all the pieces to fall into place..

We don't have the time like maybe seasons before.Players have gone this season and need replacing.It's not like we are only adding to the squad.This carrousel needs to start moving now.NOT a week before the window closes.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, but things don't look promising. What we know is no one has signed and all reports suggest no one will be until Neves goes. If that is true it is disappointing and hugely risky. I would not be looking forward to next season with our current squad and maybe a couple of cheap fillers.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could not give a fig who hijacks our potential deals as I prefer to have players who want to be at Molineux and are fully committed to the club. Those that are after a quick buck quickly fold when the going gets tough as has been the case for players who have moved to Fulham in the past.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m by no means a pantwetter but if we have gone from having ambitions to become the next Man City to being on a strict one in one out policy then something is clearly wrong.

This also ignores the fact the current match day squad is, at least, a centre back and centre midfielder short, if not more.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I could not give a fig who hijacks our potential deals as I prefer to have players who want to be at Molineux and are fully committed to the club. Those that are after a quick buck quickly fold when the going gets tough as has been the case for players who have moved to Fulham in the past.
So a player should turn down finance security going to a club who he knows wants him instead to wait for a club who don't even rate him enough to pony up the money? Commitment works both ways

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am aware of that but as I and others keep saying the players report back in under 2 weeks .The squad is short and can’t score goals .I am just desperate for some action .

Did you know there hasn't been a single premier league goal for 3 weeks now!?

Portugal played their last game just 2 days ago, it's pretty obvious that there's been almost no transfer business across the entire league while the Nations League & friendlies are ongoing - I'd also expect players might like to have even a week's holiday before sorting any deals out, so I suspect you might have to take a deep breath and wait a little longer.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I agree but if we have done a lot of the groundwork to get deals this far and then get gazumped at the last minute no doubt we then have to go back to first base .
When we tried to bring in a CB and midfield player in previous windows we never signed them for whatever reason but never moved on to other targets ,we just kept our hands firmly in our pockets .
Whatever happened to our famous dossiers with hundreds of possible targets ?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Did you know there hasn't been a single premier league goal for 3 weeks now!?

Portugal played their last game just 2 days ago, it's pretty obvious that there's been almost no transfer business across the entire league while the Nations League & friendlies are ongoing - I'd also expect players might like to have even a week's holiday before sorting any deals out, so I suspect you might have to take a deep breath and wait a little longer.
I also know our goalscoring record last season was awful and that was my point.
If we get the recruits we need I will hold my hands up but as it stands I won’t hold my breath .

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m by no means a pantwetter but if we have gone from having ambitions to become the next Man City to being on a strict one in one out policy then something is clearly wrong.

This also ignores the fact the current match day squad is, at least, a centre back and centre midfielder short, if not more.
Totally agree. Last years first 11 needed a center half, midfielder and a striker.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
bruno wanted them all in for preseason, he has asked for backing the last two windows and has again this season, fosun really need to step up...if need be give neves a new contract with a release clause and sell him in jan

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might wel be good , but we need to strength cm x 2 and cb x 2 before any other expenditure is even contemplated
I quite agree,but im sure the club realise where we need players and a goal scorer must be high on the list too
I think one CB would suffice but yes 2 CM plus a goal scorer are essential,as long as bases are covered i dont mind in which order they are done tbf

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm clutching at straws, but i'm wondering if we are waiting for the England show to roll out of town so that we have complete control of Compton and the ground again to enable medicals and transfer publicity to be completed?
Seems a decent point.

And also, I can’t genuinely expect Palinha would hold much interest in Fulham. Premier league wages are premier league wages, granted, but I think he’s fairly obviously of a higher standard than the gamble of newly promoted club.
He won a title and performed well in the CL for Sporting, and is prime age. That’s not like an ageing Moutinho or relatively unproven Jonny/Raul joining us.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems a decent point.

And also, I can’t genuinely expect Palinha would hold much interest in Fulham. Premier league wages are premier league wages, granted, but I think he’s fairly obviously of a higher standard than the gamble of newly promoted club.
He won a title and performed well in the CL for Sporting, and is prime age. That’s not like an ageing Moutinho or relatively unproven Jonny/Raul joining us.

It does sound unlikely. Fulham are very much a yo-yo club, why join them when there's a very good chance you'll be playing in the Championship next season? Outside of the Sky 6, mid-table security is the least you need to offer any decent player with ambition?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It does sound unlikely. Fulham are very much a yo-yo club, why join them when there's a very good chance you'll be playing in the Championship next season? Outside of the Sky 6, mid-table security is the least you need to offer any decent player with ambition?
Living in London often helps

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Not like we're overstocked in midfield is it! We currently have Neves and Dendoncker, with a ? over Moutinho. Even if they were all to stay, we still need a midfielder! A full Portuguese international for €20m should be absolutely no problem for a club in our position, Neves or no Neves.

We need to be moving on from Moutinho now. Sure he could certainly play a minimised role for us and excel in that given role but I see that as counter productive in the long term. Some of the money he’s on can then be afforded to work out an upgraded contract for Neves.

We keep Neves. Bring in this Palinha character and one other on loan with an option to buy. If the loan is a success then great. We have our starting midfield for season 23/24 already sorted next summer when Neves will be sold.

Keep Donk for a bit of stability this season at least. Valuable squad member. Hopefully he and Belgium have a solid World Cup and his value goes up next year.

Edit: Just had a quick butchers and Donk’s contract has 2 years left on it... Maybe it is that he will be sold this summer.

Last edited:

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No i like him too,whether or not he will be a good fit for us is another matter entirely
I saw both Minamino and Hwang play for RB Salzburg and liked the look of both of them. However, It's fair to say that neither have delivered in the Prem. Just goes to show that performing in foreign leagues can be a million miles away from being able to do it in the Prem.

It's a no to Minamino from me, Simon!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm clutching at straws, but i'm wondering if we are waiting for the England show to roll out of town so that we have complete control of Compton and the ground again to enable medicals and transfer publicity to be completed?
Yes, I think you are clutching at straws. A lot of work can be done away from Compton and there are medical facilities around the UK that we could us.
I just don't think anything is advanced or imminent.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Living in London often helps
And joining a club managed by a Portuguese manager who was manager of Sporting when Palhinha was in the B team.

Having said all that according to Wikipedia Palhinha is a Wolves player.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Palinhia's case I would have thought he'd be worth signing whether keeping Neves or not? He's available for a fairly decent price too.
Not in out 1 I and 1 out system. We don’t have expensive players on a bench,

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So we've had "Christ, the transfer window isn't even open yet!". Now, it's wait until the Internationals are done, next it'll be "still 1 week until pre season training" and so on.

You need the patience of a saint to follow Wolves' transfer business these days.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we've had "Christ, the transfer window isn't even open yet!". Now, it's wait until the Internationals are done, next it'll be "still 1 week until pre season training" and so on.

By my reckoning, all of these clubs haven't signed a player so far this summer:

Bournemouth
Brentford
Chelsea
Palace
Everton
Fulham
Leicester
Man Utd
Forest
Southampton
West Ham

and us.

It's basically only Villa, and then Liverpool and City with their pre-triggered release clauses that have done anything noteworthy.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bournemouth
Brentford
Chelsea
Palace
Everton
Fulham
Leicester
Man Utd
Forest
Southampton
West Ham

and us.

It's basically only Villa, and then Liverpool and City with their pre-triggered release clauses that have done anything noteworthy.

It could be noted though that we're in more of a need than quite a few of those clubs. For a start most of them have more than 3 midfielders...

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im not the panicky sort and relatively confident in our ability to go into next season with a stronger first team. However, i am starting to get concerned around the literal sell to buy scenario we seem to be in. Surely this is what the australian lender is that we use to bridge the gap between for purchases vs player sales and tv revenues.

No one is putting up 70m for neves and if thats the figure we are waiting for then im concerned we are going into next season much the same as the last two seasons. This team is crying out for change, its stale, flat.

Are we just so much more risk averse than othee teams, see leeds this year spending raphina money before he is sold, or villa last year with the grealish money. Perhaps a neves sale is not as far down the line as those transfers are/were, which again gives me cause for concern. Theyve had more than enough time to get their ducks lined up and they are naieve at best if they though barcelona were going to come through after the shambles with traore.

I dont want money spent for the sake of it, but most of us recognise that min 2 x midfielders and 1 x central defender is required. I wouldnt be concerned about going for guedes, minamino etc, getting more pace down the spine of the team has to be the be all and end all this summer.
Tension between Oz and China is at an all time high. Maybe the loan arrangement is dead in the water.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Bournemouth
Brentford
Chelsea
Palace
Everton
Fulham
Leicester
Man Utd
Forest
Southampton
West Ham

and us.

I doubt many of those need a squad overhaul or haven't signed a central defender or midfielder for 4 years.

Not much activity yet, true, but many of those will be doing business soon while we try and offload Neves haha.

I think you missed a few clubs off that list too. Leeds are active, Spurs just completed their third signing of the summer.

I'm not usually this impatient, but it is frustrating this summer, especially with the changes we need.

And we've been here before hoping to get some relatively early business done and it not materialising.

Last edited:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You need the patience of a saint to follow Wolves' transfer business these days.
I think people would be more patient, I would certainly, if we had absolute confidence in the manager, recruitment team and 1st XI. I’ve got serious doubts about 2 of those 3 if not all 3. It’s obvious to blind man that the team needs refreshing and that teams know how to beat them. If the club have confidence in Bruno (more than I do) they should be looking to get players in asap to help him build for the new season, waiting till an hour before the window closes won’t hack it. They need time to bed in, even Bruno said he struggled with the returning players because they weren’t used to the style of play. Pre-season is shambolic, mostly because of the US your cancellation so that time is even more crucial.

The reported issues with the pre-contract Brazilian going to Arsenal doesn’t help confidence either. Regardless of the circumstances, if it was me in Jeff’s position I would be asking serious questions of what happened. It’ll probably be down to Aresnal’s technical director being Brazilian international and pulling favours, but as I said doesn’t fill me with confidence.

The other problem is that the club are more secure than the Mafia in terms of info leaking out. Omertà doesn’t even cover it which creates an information vacuum that is filled by WUMs, egotists and any old Tom, Dick or Mary who thinks it’s funny to make stories up for attention.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could be noted though that we're in more of a need than quite a few of those clubs. For a start most of them have more than 3 midfielders...
That means we need to bring in a couple more players, that doesn't change when the selling club and player will want to do business though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom