Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Made perfect sense until you intimated selling Podence. I also think we will sell Boly and Donk, that would easily pay for Guedes.

A new CB won’t come cheap, neither should it.
Why can't we swap guedes and traore. Both have 1 year left on their contracts.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Spiers we’re thinking of turning Chiq into RWB. To me this is madness.

I do think people are forgetting the ability to use 5 subs which means you can change an entire front line and formation.

Just as an aside is it still 9 subs on the bench or have they increased it to 11 and if so will they fit in our dugouts or will we be providing them with gym benches.
And why would the club discuss anything like this with Spiers?

I don't know why people bother with things like this, he knows next to nothing about what goes on at the club let alone playing strategies!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zinchenko rumoured to be on our radar still. I think £30m is a bargain and can't see any reason why we couldn't guarantee him a place in midfield.

If we tell him he’s part of the 5 in a 352, we could play him left wing-back and technically not have lied to him.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we tell him he’s part of the 5 in a 352, we could play him left wing-back and technically not have lied to him.
Yeah, that’s a great idea, that would make him really happy.
He already gets to be backup LB and utility player for the champions, racking up trophies and fat cash. Only way he’d swap that for Wolves is to actually start in midfield. It’s probably starting to irk him more and more, approaching the prime of his career and turning out excellent performances there for Ukraine.

When he turned us down before I don’t think he was good enough, but he’s proper quality now in either position.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Spiers we’re thinking of turning Chiq into RWB. To me this is madness.

I do think people are forgetting the ability to use 5 subs which means you can change an entire front line and formation.

Just as an aside is it still 9 subs on the bench or have they increased it to 11 and if so will they fit in our dugouts or will we be providing them with gym benches.

I don't think it's crazy, means he'll be used more in a 5 at the back, hard for a natural football wide player to be that impactful in a 5 in the back formation. Similar to how Adama was used at times. Allows us to have another attacking player on that can get closer to the main striker while keeping the width.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours coming out that de Jong has agreed to join man utd ........could this be the deal that's starts the ball rolling......and everything falls into place...if Jorge makes man utd, Barcelona, wolves and sporting happy ....and all the players happy with a payrise , with nobody spending any money apart from man utd then it's the work of a genius....

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with a lot of the comments above. I love Ruben and always will, but Nunes is much better suited to what we need in the middle of the park & I'd argue would be the biggest coup since fosun came in should it happen
Agree but never happening so somewhat theoretic.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ruben deserves medals and success

He absolutely does.

We've had five years of Ruben Neves. After he moves on to an elite club and spends a few years winning championships, we're going to look back on that and smile. As much as we love him, the team has never fully been built to get the best of him. With the right move to the right club, he's going to be the Pirlo-type he's always wanted to be, and we're going to get to remember the days we had him for FIVE WHOLE YEARS at Molineux.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He absolutely does.

We've had five years of Ruben Neves. After he moves on to an elite club and spends a few years winning championships, we're going to look back on that and smile. As much as we love him, the team has never fully been built to get the best of him. With the right move to the right club, he's going to be the Pirlo-type he's always wanted to be, and we're going to get to remember the days we had him for FIVE WHOLE YEARS at Molineux.
We could of course try to build that team....

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to say it, out of Ruben and Nunes. I think Nunes is the better player.

Not Premier League tested granted, but I think he's a more complete midfielder.

If that signing comes off I will be MAJORLY impressed.

Better player might be a bit harsh on Ruben.

I think his overall style is maybe more suited to the Premier League.

So if he settles, if he clicks with his team-mates, I don’t think it’s too far a stretch to say he could be a more effective player for us. Could have a similar impact to Guimaraes at Newcastle.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see the massive talent nunes. Sorry guys.
Extremely press-resistant, mobile & athletic, a midfielder that's able to drive forwards with the ball & carry the team up the pitch, good passer that can play vertically & break the lines, decent defensively from his experience playing in a double pivot alongside Palhinha, only 23 y/o too.

He would be the perfect box-to-box midfielder we've been craving for since we got promoted, in a similar profile to Renato Sanches, that doesn't have the injury record to go with it.

Aside from having to lose Neves to potentially secure both him & Palhinha, What's not to like?

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it's only the first day and I have already got myself totally carried away and much too excited with all the names being chucked about. Need to step back and take a chill pill of realism after all we are Wolves and we don't usually do transfer windows recently.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Calm down yow lot.I'm getting all sweaty thinking of it.We ay that lucky am we.I mean if pep thinks he's one of the best.He ay coming to wolves.Unless Jorge has a magic wand.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one to think that the names mentioned so far are no
Improvement on what we already have ? I understand the re jigging of a squad but only if it’s better than the one it’s replaced
Do you have any suggestions

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it's only the first day and I have already got myself totally carried away and much too excited with all the names being chucked about. Need to step back and take a chill pill of realism after all we are Wolves and we don't usually do transfer windows recently.

I think most of us think the same.BUT we desperately need re-inforcments,we car be seen to be faffing about.Hopefully by the middle of next week we have someone on board.Hoping it's the first WOW.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well.. Pep guardiola says he's "one of the best players in the world today" ..
He says a lot of things.
Bielsa one of the best managers...etc. It's amazing how people don't want to trust their own judgement anymore.
He can beat people for fun in Portugal. I think he'll constantly run into traffic over here. That's my hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom