Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wholly improbable, but I’m not anti this in any way.

Many would have scoffed at signing Craig Dawson when he went to West Ham and he’s done brilliantly. You need those types of players in the match day squad who you can call on to do a job in the starting XI.
I mentioned Craig Dawson the summer west ham signed him on here, and it was laughed at.....mind you I've mentioned a few bad ones as well......
We shouldn't be scared to bring in a short term option especially for free...and we haven't got many on the homegrown quota....

Last edited:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They'll get praise if these things actually happen...
I still doubt it. Neves, Joao, Raul, Neto are players of a quality we just would never have envisaged playing for us 10 years ago and these people (albeit before sellers yes) have brought these here and got us to the top of half of the best league in the world but are very quickly criticised when a few bits go off.

That's my point really.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still doubt it. Neves, Joao, Raul, Neto are players of a quality we just would never have envisaged playing for us 10 years ago and these people (albeit before sellers yes) have brought these here and got us to the top of half of the best league in the world but are very quickly criticised when a few bits go off.

That's my point really.
And they were loved in that period. In fact, after promotion I can't imagine any fan would've swapped Fosun for any other owner. They were great, there was a real connection between all at the club.

They've ruined that for many through their actions since and, as mentioned above, we haven't had a good window for a very long time.

Credit in the bank doesn't last forever and whilst I accept and understand they still have enough with you, they don't with others.

Let's hope we finally do get it right this summer.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And they were loved in that period. In fact, after promotion I can't imagine any fan would've swapped Fosun for any other owner. They were great, there was a real connection between all at the club.

They've ruined that for many through their actions since and, as mentioned above, we haven't had a good window for a very long time.

Credit in the bank doesn't last forever and whilst I accept and understand they still have enough with you, they don't with others.

They haven't lost it with the fans all all, hence 95% of fans have renewed their season tickets in a desperately difficult period for personal finances

Don't mistake the Mix for the wider fan base. You could fit this lot in the Graham Hughes and still have space for the Wolves Forum and the mentalists on twitter

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

My only real thought on this isn't aimed directly at you, just a general observation. You make fair points there -the last two seasons have had bad transfer windows. The summer after lockdown, last summer, the two januaries. We signed a fantastic keeper, we signed some promising players on loan who barely played, but we made a lot of bad choices and left important deals to the last minute. So, on that score, I think it's absolutely fine that a certain % of fams have come to nolonger trust the owners.

BUT...and you knew there was one....the ones who frustrate me and lead to a lot of my snark on here are the ones who are ready to turn on the club at the first opportunity. People who, for instance, IMMEDIATELY after a good season with european qualification and an FA Cup semi final were ready to run around screaming that the club lacked ambition because we signed Pedro Neto and not a bigger name. The Neto deal caused a LOT of pantwetting. Turned out pretty quickly to be a good deal.

It's like standing outside and forecasting rain in the summer. Eventually it will rain. Doesn't mean the forecaster is really correct. A lot of people on here will turn at the first hiccup, and then eventually it will look like they're right.

People who have genuinely become disenchanted in the last 18 months? Understandable. People who have been moaning for the sake of moaning for years who now say they're just being rational? Nope.

Again, 100% not aimed at you, just using your reply to vent something that's been bugging me for a while.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My only real thought on this isn't aimed directly at you, just a general observation. You make fair points there -the last two seasons have had bad transfer windows. The summer after lockdown, last summer, the two januaries. We signed a fantastic keeper, we signed some promising players on loan who barely played, but we made a lot of bad choices and left important deals to the last minute. So, on that score, I think it's absolutely fine that a certain % of fams have come to nolonger trust the owners.

BUT...and you knew there was one....the ones who frustrate me and lead to a lot of my snark on here are the ones who are ready to turn on the club at the first opportunity. People who, for instance, IMMEDIATELY after a good season with european qualification and an FA Cup semi final were ready to run around screaming that the club lacked ambition because we signed Pedro Neto and not a bigger name. The Neto deal caused a LOT of pantwetting. Turned out pretty quickly to be a good deal.

It's like standing outside and forecasting rain in the summer. Eventually it will rain. Doesn't mean the forecaster is really correct. A lot of people on here will turn at the first hiccup, and then eventually it will look like they're right.

People who have genuinely become disenchanted in the last 18 months? Understandable. People who have been moaning for the sake of moaning for years who now say they're just being rational? Nope.

Again, 100% not aimed at you, just using your reply to vent something that's been bugging me for a while.

Well said.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They haven't lost it with the fans all all, hence 95% of fans have renewed their season tickets in a desperately difficult period for personal finances

Don't mistake the Mix for the wider fan base. You could fit this lot in the Graham Hughes and still have space for the Wolves Forum and the mentalists on twitter
Very strange to think renewing your season ticket means you back Fosun.

I also said they'd lost the connection that we once had. Everyone knows the general feeling towards the club is not like it was after promotion even if you don't want to acknowledge it. (It would be pretty hard to sustain in fairness as well).

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fair enough, get your point as well and you're probably right. As a pessimistic fan it probably should be aimed at me too :D

However, does that really matter now? I get you don't like it but we're dealing now knowing what has happened in the past 18 months, which you acknowledge has been bad.

As you say with the Neto example, and we have Sa as well, you can do good business without spending much, it's just obviously a lot harder. But, we need to do it to get that connection back, because a good start to the season and I'm sure we will all be on the right page, just on Shi/Sellars etc. to take the initiative to getting us back on track with a good summer.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet still some want to slag Jeff and Sellers off :) :)

Not sure what role they would play in bringing the names mentioned to Wolves....
Except Jeff picking up the phone to call Jorge and Scott bringing him a cup of tea while he's doing it.

It would all be down to Mendes.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Not sure what role they would play in bringing the names mentioned to Wolves....
Except Jeff picking up the phone to call Jorge and Scott bringing him a cup of tea while he's doing it.

well if you are not sure you are not sure but consider

fosun have a relationship with Jorge mendes

jeff Shi was put in charge by Fosun

scott sellars was appointed by the wolves board

even if mendes makes suggestions he doesn’t represent wolves ….he represents the players and walks a fine line that requires close oversight.

football is a team game…so is management.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My point......

Yet these two will get the **** for Mendes not doing so.....

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But not Guo and Mendes . ;) These are the real decision makers. - I hope.
I agree.

Guo gets no **** even though he's the final decision maker! He's the organ grinder yet we incorrectly jump straight at the monkeys when it's the wrong tune.

We've always done it to be fair. ****ed Jez over when sir Jack was having a wobble and the same with Morgan.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yesterday Sport said he was a priority for Barca, now this? Somebody will be proved correct!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yesterday Sport said he was a priority for Barca, now this? Somebody will be proved correct!
So we’ve told Barca where they can stick their cast offs?? Well done Jeff!!

Interesting to see where he ends up now

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree.

Guo gets no **** even though he's the final decision maker! He's the organ grinder yet we incorrectly jump straight at the monkeys when it's the wrong tune.

We've always done it to be fair. ****ed Jez over when sir Jack was having a wobble and the same with Morgan.
Maybe we just shouldn’t be jumping at anyone unless we know the facts.

We only know a smidge of what goes on behind closed at Compton……..if even that.

Coleshill Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Do you have a translation?
Despite the fact that Jorge Mendes offered him to Barça at dinner with Laporta last Wednesday, the coach does not have as a priority to strengthen the pivot this season.
In recent days the name of Rúben Neves has gained a lot of strength in the Barcelona environment. After last Wednesday's dinner between Jorge Mendes, the player's agent, with Joan Laporta and the rest of the Barça sports leadership, there are those who already see the 'Wolves' midfielder playing at the Camp Nou next season. What's more, they have even come to affirm that Xavi Hernández, as he is doing with the players who really interest him, has already contacted him to explain his project.

However, the Barça coach has never spoken with Rúben Neves, who is not an option for Xavi today. Before reinforcing the pivot position, the Barça coach wants to shore up the lead with a crack like Lewandowski or the axis of the defense with a central defender like Koundé or Koulibaly, in addition to Bernardo Silva if Frenkie de Jong's departure is confirmed.

With the few resources that there are now in the club, Xavi wants Barça to make an effort in those players and in Raphinha if Dembélé's departure is confirmed. For the next season, in the pivot position Xavi has Busquets, plus Sergi Roberto, Kessié and even Christensen as replacements for the captain. For the following season, 2023-24, now without Busquets, whose contract ends in June 2023, Xavi is already clear about what he wants and Rúben Neves is not among his goals.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine a world where in one day Wolves are linked with Goncalo Guedes, Matheus Nunes and Joao Palhinha amongst others.

Welcome to that world ladies and gentlemen!
Now Imagine a world where we have better players than them already in our squad that get slagged off week in week out.
Welcome to that world ladies and gentlemen!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocked how many people have MGW walking straight into their ideal team after a good championship season. Needs to prove himself at the top level, could find himself in and out of the team for a while if he doesn’t find his feet quickly

Or deserves a sustained run in the team …..

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you have a translation?

Rúben Neves is not an option for Xavi​

Despite the fact that Jorge Mendes offered him to Barça at dinner with Laporta last Wednesday, the coach does not have as a priority to strengthen the pivot this season​

In recent days the name of Rúben Neves has gained a lot of strength in the Barcelona environment. After last Wednesday's dinner between Jorge Mendes , the player's agent, with Joan Laporta and the rest of the Barça sports leadership, there are those who already see the ' Wolves ' midfielder playing at the Camp Nou next season. What is more, they have even come to affirm that Xavi Hernández , as he is doing with the players who really interest him, has already contacted him to explain his project.

However, the Barça coach has never spoken with Rúben Neves , who is not an option for Xavi today. Before reinforcing the pivot position, the Barça coach wants to shore up the lead with a crack like Lewandowski or the axis of the defense with a central defender like Koundé or Koulibaly , in addition to Bernardo Silva if Frenkie de Jong's departure is confirmed.

With the few resources that there are now in the club, Xavi wants Barça to make an effort in those players and in Raphinha if Dembélé's departure is confirmed. For the next season, in the pivot position, Xavi has Busquets , plus Sergi Roberto , Kessié and even Christensen as replacements for the captain. For the following season, 2023-24, now without Busquets, whose contract ends in June 2023, Xavi is already clear about what he wants and Rúben Neves is not among his goals .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom