Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably more chance of him going there as there are other Ukranian players already there. Never under estimate the pull of other players from their own country in a squad. See us for evidence of that.
We have Kilman :)
Very much doubt theres any chance of him coming here though tbh

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably more chance of him going there as there are other Ukranian players already there. Never under estimate the pull of other players from their own country in a squad. See us for evidence of that.

I read somewhere that he is really good mates with Kilman. When Ukraine thought they had a chance of Kilman playing for them Zinchenko got in contact and tried to encourage him and I think they are good friends now - Kilman speaks fluent Russian I believe.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I read somewhere that he is really good mates with Kilman. When Ukraine thought they had a chance of Kilman playing for them Zinchenko got in contact and tried to encourage him and I think they are good friends now - Kilman speaks fluent Russian I believe.
That might work. Kilman does speak fluent Russian. His wages might be an obstacle though.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different types of player that could probably work quite well together as a 6+8. I read Wet Spam are interested in Zinchenko to play in midfield too

I notice it says Mendes has negotiated a substantial discount for Palhinha to us and hopes to get a similar one for Barcelona for Neves. I can see us getting a lot less for him or more likely another Fabio Silva who will be described as a future star and aren't we so lucky Uncle Jorge has got him for us. Barcelona cannot pay for Neves so a swap seems likely.

Last edited:

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep sounds very much like hes Barca bound,just need Barca to get the cash moving,come on uncle Jorge

Apparently utd have bid 60 mil for de jong so that’s where the money will come from.

Plus how it usually works is they pay us over the length of the contract not all up front. But we can put 50 mil on the books for example

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently utd have bid 60 mil for de jong so that’s where the money will come from.

Plus how it usually works is they pay us over the length of the contract not all up front. But we can put 50 mil on the books for example

Yep the merry go round will be if de jong goes united, neves goes barcelona.

If de jong fell through united could then look at neves but that would be a lot later in the window

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I notice it says Mendes has negotiated a substantial discount for Palhinha to us and hopes to get a similar one for Barcelona for Neves.
Said this a bit ago.....if mendes gets us guedes and palhinha for a reduced price, Ruben will probably go for a reduced fee.....no different if we get 100m for neves and pay 50m for palhinha and 50m for guedes...or 40m for neves and pay 20m n 20m.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So basically Neves for Palhina and Nunez,hmmm would rather have some cash tbh but not the worse deal ive seen if true
I would like Nico as a further option in the Neves deal - I think the lad could be very good.

We could then get further funds by phoning Thelwell at Everton to say we’re willing to sell his best signing, Dendonker, and we’ll throw in Traore as a BOGOF offer that we can only make to Everton as we still like you Kevin. £45m for the pair.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If this is true then I am starting to feel a bit more positive. I can see them doing a deal for Nico and a reduced fee, and its not out of the question we get Trincao and flip him to Sporting.

With Valencia in the financial mire I can also see a deal done for Guedes (and may be a make weight to two) - we could perhaps extract a pound of flesh. They may want £25m for Guedes, but we only give them the money if they throw in a promising younger or two. We need to increase the size of the squad, and our U23's are playing at a higher level.

I just think there will be a lot of wheeler dealing going on this window. I know Barcelona don't want to sell Nico, but you could see a buy back option, a high sell on fee, or other sweetener - at the end of the day if he is not trusted to play a major part then why not give him exposure in the Prem and potentially increase his value.

I think there are going to be some interesting developments as the window progresses.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this Nunes lad any good then?

Within 30 mins I’m now dreaming of a midfield that has Moutinho, Palhinha, Nico, Nunes and Gibbs-White as options and nothing less will do.

Yet I really don’t have much of a clue about three of them tbh.
Are city not interested?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nico plus £40m for Neves then £20m for Palinha and £20m on Guedes. Lovely.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this Nunes lad any good then?

There's reasons why City are linked with him and why I'd be very surprised if we pulled this one off.

Cue the obligatory YouTube video.....

Strong, dynamic, skilful, and with a goal in him. Exactly the type of midfielder we've been crying out for in my opinion.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't see how this gets resolved quickly for us.

It seems we are totally reliant on Neves leaving but how are Barcelona going to pay? Perhaps the only way is selling De Jong but do you sell him for £70-80m and buy Neves for £50m? Doesn't seem great business.

Either way, it's going to be a long drawn out process as we're waiting on big deals to go through before we do anything (it seems).

In the meantime, you just allow things to go wrong. They need to sort these deals quickly even if they have to spend before the money actually comes in.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is very little chance that Nunes is coming here, but could you imaging a team like this

-----------Sa
Semedo - New - Kilman - Ran
----Palhinha - González
--------Nunes
Neto --- Guedes --- MGW

To me that looks a very attacking and extremely exiting team. Now I think getting Nunes is next to impossible, but with a bit of wheeler dealing I think Nico González, Palhinha, and Guedes are extremely possible if Neves gets sold to Baca or United come in with a sensible offer.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It seems we are totally reliant on Neves leaving but how are Barcelona going to pay? Perhaps the only way is selling De Jong but do you sell him for £70-80m and buy Neves for £50m? Doesn't seem great business.

Either way, it's going to be a long drawn out process as we're waiting on big deals to go through before we do anything (it seems).

In the meantime, you just allow things to go wrong. They need to sort these deals quickly even if they have to spend before the money actually comes in.

I think under normal circumstances, yes, time dragging on could potentially jeopardise any deals.

But when Mendes is involved and he has a plan of how he wants things to pan-out, they generally happen that way.

For example, Fulham matching our bid for Palhinha might feel threatening in any other scenario. But it just doesn't.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Barcelona aren’t broke. They’re hamstrung by the league’s wage cap so even if we gave Neves to them for a packet of peanuts they would still struggle to sign him without offloading players. That’s why they’re offering us their entire subs bench to cover the wages.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona aren’t broke. They’re hamstrung by the league’s wage cap so even if we gave Neves to them for a packet of peanuts they would still struggle to sign him without offloading players. That’s why they’re offering us their entire subs bench to cover the wages.

It's why they are getting so close to Mendes. Trying to offload what they can.

Trincao to Sporting saves them €140k per week.

If they offload De Jong, Depay, Braithwaite, Lenglet and Dest too, that's about €1m a week in wages saved!!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So this “done deal” is yet to be announced!

SURELY we have to buy players before neves leaves . Realistically we won’t get the price we want for him until later in the window

Suprised more teams aren’t in for him

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think under normal circumstances, yes, time dragging on could potentially jeopardise any deals.

But when Mendes is involved and he has a plan of how he wants things to pan-out, they generally happen that way.

For example, Fulham matching our bid for Palhinha might feel threatening in any other scenario. But it just doesn't.
I hope you're right. I think Fulham will pay more than us and the location helps them.

Also, if it's going to happen, why can't we get him in as quick as possible knowing Neves will eventually leave?

Again, I hope you're right and understand your point but I have doubts about our finances and ultimately money trumps all.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's reasons why City are linked with him and why I'd be very surprised if we pulled this one off.

Cue the obligatory YouTube video.....

Strong, dynamic, skilful, and with a goal in him. Exactly the type of midfielder we've been crying out for in my opinion.

Depends entirely on player preference and who’s chosen to represent the club.

We all know Big Jeff likes to get his hands dirty and Mendes has the wrist strength from handling all that money, but I wouldn’t rule out Doris the tea lady. Proper dark horse.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Interesting spiers has said a traore trincao swap is still on the table, possible to use trincao to get nunes but seems unlikely tbh but definitely positive vibes about recruitment.

If we get nunes and palinha then I'm sure gonzales won't be coming in as a new CB would then be the priority.

Also the guedes link doesn't make much sense to me as he's predominantly a winger/wide forward and we're fine in that department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom