Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe that’s him returning the favour for the money he’ll make on Neves going?

If reports are true that Neves wants to go to Barca but they can't afford our price, then a deal will need to be done on other players for us to compensate.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If reports are true that Neves wants to go to Barca but they can't afford our price, then a deal will need to be done on other players for us to compensate.
Agreed and Mendes may well say to us that if we do Barca a favour and take players in exchange he’ll get us a couple of his top players in return.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst the Portuguese guys are mainly top drawer people I can’t help but think we can have too many at once. Squads can benefit from different cultures, different mentalities and approaches. Too much of the same can be a bad thing.

What have you seen at Wolves since 2017 to suggest that this has had a negative impact?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst the Portuguese guys are mainly top drawer people I can’t help but think we can have too many at once. Squads can benefit from different cultures, different mentalities and approaches. Too much of the same can be a bad thing.
So how does that square away with our 1950s squads?

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Think we just get used and name dropped to get players their move. Especially when it comes to Portuguese players, oh well was a fun rumour while it lasted.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What have you seen at Wolves since 2017 to suggest that this has had a negative impact?
On the whole I agree with what you're intimating. However, to play devils advocate a bit, you could argue the fact we're a bit boring is partly due to the sometimes conservative nature of Portuguese football? Nuno, Neves, and Moutinho, all amazing for us and love them all, but they are pretty conservative (admittedly I've not included Jota or Sa there!).

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the whole I agree with what you're intimating. However, to play devils advocate a bit, you could argue the fact we're a bit boring is partly due to the sometimes conservative nature of Portuguese football? Nuno, Neves, and Moutinho, all amazing for us and love them all, but they are pretty conservative (admittedly I've not included Jota or Sa there!).
You also omitted Neto, Podence, Costa , Cav.........!
Your point might be pertinent in regards to managers though.

Reaction score
The following wolves players have been confirmed to be released on a Free transfer. Whilst this may already be known I thought it worthwhile posting this list as this thread moves quickly.

• Conor Carty
  • Pascal Estrada
  • Marcal
  • Raphael Nya
  • Jamie Pardington
  • John Ruddy
  • Romain Saiss
  • Faisu Sangare

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The following wolves players have been confirmed to be released on a Free transfer. Whilst this may already be known I thought it worthwhile posting this list as this thread moves quickly.

• Conor Carty
  • Pascal Estrada
  • Marcal
  • Raphael Nya
  • Jamie Pardington
  • John Ruddy
  • Romain Saiss
  • Faisu Sangare
Nya came with a lot of hullabaloo if I remember rightly. Isn’t that the lad PSG we’re after or we got off them?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing. I was thinking out loud as to whether we could do with a different approach and a more varied squad.

Reaction score
Nya came with a lot of hullabaloo if I remember rightly. Isn’t that the lad PSG we’re after or we got off them?
I only remember Estrada being signed and though he was touted as something special but could be wrong, found this on Nya who signed under Nuno from PSG:-

Nya, 19, was the captain of Thiago Motta’s Under-19 side at PSG last season, with the defender seemingly being touted for a bright future.

Yet having seen a number of young players struggle for opportunities in the first team, it now seems that Nya believes his first-team chances are better served with Wolves.

Primarily a right back, Nya is a versatile defender who can play at centre back or left back, and Wolves fans will hope to see him emerge in the first team in the coming years.

It’s likely that the teenager will start off as a developmental prospect at Molineux, or even head out on loan, with Wolves’ latest capture one for the future rather than an immediate first-team addition.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't think Inacio possible.

With Romano shooting it down I'm remaining pessimistic.

Will say that although he is left sided Kilman played his best football this year on the right side so that wouldn't be a problem I guess.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm sure others have noticed but here goes:
Sky transfer updates ONLY involve: Man Utd, and City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool AND believe it or not: Newcastle!!

Sky sports news is going to go eventually I can't remember the last time they broke a story first. The fact 2 years ago they spent the whole transfer window covering the Sancho transfer which never happened.

I watched it last year and they portrayed a women's signing for Chelsea as a first team up until they covered the story.

It's much better to follow Fabrizio and Percy on twitter than ever watch sky sports news now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom